Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drsmith

New Teac Lcd's

17 posts in this topic

On TEAC's website here is their latest range of LCD's. The 42" model is 1920x1080 resolution.

They have been on the TEAC website for a couple of months now and were supposely going to be released to the retail market in July.

Has anyone seen or purchased any of these LCD TV's ?

Just bought the 32" today.

Hugely impressed. Considering I virtually stole it for $1470, I couldn't be more happy.

A quick question though. What would be the optimal settings for the picture to be set at?

I've dug up the old thread on these and it is here if anybody is interested.

RRP's as I was advised from TEAC back in May was,

Size Model number Resolution RRP

32" LCD3233A 1366x768 $1999

37" LCD3733A 1366x768 $2999

42" LCD4233A 1920x1080 $3999

Hugely impressed. Considering I virtually stole it for $1470, I couldn't be more happy.

A similar level of discounting from RRP (~25%) suggests the 42" could be had for just under $3k.

The 42" looks phenomenal value - its my next purchase once I get back from holidays. JB has an RRP on these of about $3500

My brother bought a 32" last weekend.. cant fault it so far.

I really don't understand this. If the 42" is 1920x1080 natively AND can actually display 1080p - doesn't this make it the first LCD of its size in Australia (ie one that isn't the 25k Sharp 65") that is 'true' HD? and if so, why on earth is it retailing at $3999, at least 2k LESS than the new Phillips Amblight 42" which doesn't even go beyond 720p/1080i?

I really don't understand this. If the 42" is 1920x1080 natively AND can actually display 1080p - doesn't this make it the first LCD of its size in Australia (ie one that isn't the 25k Sharp 65") that is 'true' HD? and if so, why on earth is it retailing at $3999, at least 2k LESS than the new Phillips Amblight 42" which doesn't even go beyond 720p/1080i?

For one thing, it's a TEAC, not a Phillips, Pioneer or sharp which command a higher brand premium in the retail marketplace.

Also, in the 37" LCD size there has been a Pyrod available for around $1700 and an Acer in the low $2k's. Both these models are 1920x1080 resolution and have been able to display 1920x1080p at 60hz+ from PC after some tweaking by computer enthusiasts.

It looks like its only got the one HDMI as well.

It looks like its only got the one HDMI as well.

actually would 720p be ok for set top box stuff via component, and keep the HDMI for 1080p games and blueray?

That's what I'm going to do.

This television is amazing playing high definition games on the 360. I am absolutely blown away.

I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like for Blu Ray and HD DVD.

Also, in the 37" LCD size there has been a Pyrod available for around $1700 and an Acer in the low $2k's. Both these models are 1920x1080 resolution and have been able to display 1920x1080p at 60hz+ from PC after some tweaking by computer enthusiasts.

you're right sorry, forgot about those two.

still interesting that Teac have come out of the gate with a reasonably-priced 1920x1080 set before Pana, Phillips, Hitachi, Sony etc

For one thing, it's a TEAC, not a Phillips, Pioneer or sharp which command a higher brand premium in the retail marketplace.

I thought the 37" acer 1080 model was in the low $3ks?

I thought the 37" acer 1080 model was in the low $3ks?

Take a look here on the Acer AT3705 thread.

A 25% discount to the RRP on the TEAC 37" would make it a similar price. Remember though that the TEAC 37" is 1366x768 resolution.

Out looking for an lcd on the weekend if i see one (looking at 32" or 37") might see if i can plug my lappy in see what it looks like.

As a few threads have said... its made by Amoi... and plenty of people in the UK have bought one... check out the avforums thread on it!

i have just got the Teac one (just waiting for it to be delivered into store) from the good guys in perth for 2995... cash price obviously...

once i have it i'll try and get some kind of review done...

Thanks

Steve

Most Retravisions should have them and most JB HiFi's would have the 32", although not many of them seem to have a 37" or 42" on display.

I've also seen the 32" in a few Dick Smith Powerhouses