Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suzie

Brisbane CHANNEL 9 on the Gold Coast?

7 posts in this topic

Hi ... On the Gold Coast, on Channel 9, at 5.30pm, we get GOLD COAST NEWS, (which I love). Trasmitting in Brisbane on Channel 9 at 5.30pm is the "EXTRA" program. Is it possible for us on the Gold Coast to find this EXTRA program SOMEWHERE on my digital set top box programs??... I DESSSSSPERATELY want to see this afternoon's program... Can anyone help??...... I've never been into this Forum before, so I hope I know when someone writes back??!!?!!?...

HOpe someone can say "YESSSS Suzie you can see it" !!!!!!! You'd MAKE my day !!!

Thanks,

Suzie.

You can watch it in a small box on the VPG on Channel 99, but you can't listen to it. The audio is Gold Coast News.

No subtitles on that channel either.

Evan :->

Hi Suzie,

You will need a Brisbane antannae aimed at Mt Cootha and a splitter, and retune your set top box.

This will probably need to be done by an aerial person.

If you call around quickly you might get somebody today, should cost less than $200.

It's the only way!

Have a nice day..

John

Hi ...  On the Gold Coast, on Channel 9, at 5.30pm, we get GOLD COAST NEWS, (which I love).  Trasmitting in Brisbane on Channel 9 at 5.30pm is the "EXTRA" program.  Is it possible for us on the Gold Coast to find this EXTRA program SOMEWHERE on my digital set top box programs

There is no easy way of receiving Brisbane Extra on the Gold Coast, unless you have a VHF antenna that is pointing towards Brisbane. Most areas on the northern end of the Gold Coast are still able to receive the Brisbane VHF signal's, in both analogue and digital modes.

Regards

Mark Hanrahan

Nine News Gold Coast

There is no easy way of receiving Brisbane Extra on the Gold Coast, unless you have a VHF antenna that is pointing towards Brisbane. Most areas on the northern end of the Gold Coast are still able to receive the Brisbane VHF signal's, in both analogue and digital modes.

Regards

Mark Hanrahan

Nine News Gold Coast

Thanks Mark for that... I am on the Northern end of the Gold Coast, so I think that I shall get my husband on the job now to "look deeper into" our TV's capabilities via this VHF signal information you provided (and I might just be lucky).......

Thanks so much for your reply.......

Regards, Suzie.