• Announcements

• Scorchie™

Upgrade   07/22/2016

Welcome to Version 4.  You will need to log back in with your Display Name and/or Email Address.  If you don't know this, please issue a password or account reset to obtain the details you need. Some posts will appear "broken" (links, quote text, et al).  The forum is rebuilding all content which will take some time to complete.  Once this is done, the "missing" posts should also hopefully reappear. Should you encounter problems and wish to discuss, please post here:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timx

tv guide for hdtv channels

20 posts in this topic

hey does anyone know of a tv guide (site) which has the hdtv channels - sbs and abc hdtv? i have my epg working well including these abc and sbs sd channels, however i dont have info for these hdtv channels?

timx

hey does anyone know of a tv guide (site) which has the hdtv channels  - sbs and abc hdtv? i have my epg working well  including these abc and sbs sd channels, however i dont have info for these hdtv channels?

timx

Hi timx,

SBS HD's schedule is exactly the same as SBS SD's. SBS has HD 24 hours a day.

And the ABC's HD channel schedule is the same as ABC SD's from 3:00pm to midnight every weekday, and from 6:00pm to midnight on Saturday, and from midday to midnight on Sunday, at all other times ABC HD shows an ABC logo screen.

Stickeylabel,

okay thanks for that, i knew they had similar schedules but didnt know what times they were broadcasting the hdtv - thanks. time to go and tweak my epg

timx

okay thanks for that, i knew they had similar schedules but didnt know what times they were broadcasting the hdtv - thanks. time to go and tweak my epg

timx

Perhaps we should save you some time by saying that ABC & SBS don't broadcast any native HD content and that the SD channel is clearer that the 'HD' channel? :blink:

Thought I'd rehash this thread since I went searching for a HD channel program guide and couldn't find one.

Does anyone know if there is one on the net yet?

cheers :)

Perhaps we should save you some time by saying that ABC & SBS don't broadcast any native HD content and that the SD channel is clearer that the 'HD' channel? ;)

Actually ABC does show HD programming not as much as the commercial stations. Erky Perky, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Rain Shadow, Planet Earth, and other docos throughout the year.

SBS is changing from 576p to 720p sometime next year

Edited by picture.perfect

Found this one. Seems pretty good (except their channel listing is in alphabetical order rather than ordered by channel no.).

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/

I've normally used yourtv for program listings, but I didn't think that it had HD channels??? Am I missing something?

I've normally used yourtv for program listings, but I didn't think that it had HD channels??? Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing something :) . You need to edit your preferences to display the HD channels in the guide. They currently have 7HD and 10HD listings.

Yes, you're missing something :) . You need to edit your preferences to display the HD channels in the guide. They currently have 7HD and 10HD listings.

Looks like YourTV filters out the HD channels when you select Hobart-TAS.

I use TVGUIDE.COM.AU

it has the free to air HD channels on it.

This is the same as YourTV discussed in previous posts. :)

i am aware of the various websites - yahoo...., but i would like to print a whole weeks guide like you can do for ABC2 - ABC2 Week Guide.

any ideas.

what would be very nice if that american tv bible - TV Guide made it way to oz.

Bloody nowhere seems to list the HD guides for Canberra, just have to flick over and see if anything is on and then flick back. Can't even do it in the ads because we don't get HD ads, just the flyover HD test.

Dan.