Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
midora33

Price Check 65" 8 series Samsung

22 posts in this topic

I'm currently looking at  a 65" 8 series .. Best Price is at Videopro on ebay for $2800 or thereabouts. Does that sound reasonable? Deal runs out in a few days.

cheers Phil

Edited by midora33

I can't find the videopro deal - their official website lists the 65" ks8000 for $3400?

Found a few online and B&M stores selling the 65" ks8000 for $2900 but nothing for less.

If you're willing to risk warranty (returns are difficult) then you can get the ks8000 for $2400 delivered next week from overseas

But to answer your question $2800 local seems hard to beat.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

UA65KS8000W.

It's listed on eBay at 3487 but with the voucher/code it drops to 2790. 6 still available. 

13 hours ago, midora33 said:

I'm currently looking at  a 65" 8 series .. Best Price is at Videopro on ebay for $2800 or thereabouts. Does that sound reasonable? Deal runs out in a few days.

cheers Phil

The price cycle will have an impact on how well you do.  The 65" 8 series was going for $2495 at our local JB on Boxing Day.  Pretty soon after that the price reverted to close to the RR of $3595.  With new Samsung models coming out in a couple of months, if you can wait a while suggest you do so for a more competitive price.  

Edited by pc9

33 minutes ago, pgdownload said:

Well unless the overseas option appeals you have my blessing.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Signum Crucis In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Thank you father

14 minutes ago, pc9 said:

The price cycle will have an impact on how well you do.  The 65" 8 series was going for $2495 at our local JB on Boxing Day.  Pretty soon after that the price reverted to close to the RR of $3595.  With new Samsung models coming out in a couple of months, if you can wait a while suggest you do so for a more competitive price.  

I don't think I can wait. 

27 minutes ago, pc9 said:

That's a 10% discount (maybe). For a good 65" I'm not sure they'll be offloaded much below $2400 even once new models arrive. I get the impression these days that retailers generally sell on consignment and that large stocks of last years model just aren't there anymore to need big discounts. 2016 Samsung KS9500 65" SUHD seems still well above $3000?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

I got mine for $2488 at Boxing Day Sales

They had the 55" for $1488

Edit: I loved my F8500 plasma but this is a big step up. I'd jump at $2800 still

Edited by Jutta

I say "How high?"

Oh, you already jumped. :)

Sounds like a great set at a good price. 

Enjoy.

Peter Gillespie

18 hours ago, Jutta said:

I got mine for $2488 at Boxing Day

Edit: I loved my F8500 plasma but this is a big step up. I'd jump at $2800 still

Interesting that anybody would consider a KS8000W a big step up from a plasma unless of course needed a 4K screen. :-)

2 hours ago, mwd said:

Interesting that anybody would consider a KS8000W a big step up from a plasma unless of course needed a 4K screen. :-)

For FTA viewing it is a clear winner on PQ

And yes I have a 4k system. I have not seen a better picture than that of The Shallows on 4k on a HDR display. So like I said for me it's a big step up.

The F8500 is now in the bedroom

Edited by Jutta

On 22/03/2017 at 0:43 PM, Jutta said:

So like I said for me it's a big step up.

One man's meat is another man's poison. The only reason I would replace an F8500 with an LCD is to get a large increase in picture size.

One man's meat is another man's poison. The only reason I would replace an F8500 with an LCD is to get a large increase in picture size.

No one needs to keep defending their choices because they don't suit you. The FTA picture is considerably better. The 4k UHD picture is considerably better on most titles. I'm sorry you don't like meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you dont have to defend your choices or preferences, "better" is in the eye of the beholder.

The tv is in a living room. Where it looks great. The F8500 is in the bedroom where it will stay until it's replaced by Samsung due to not switching on and having no picture and or sound sometimes.
Besides that Netflix looks decidedly better on the 8 which along with FTA gets 90% of viewing time in my household with two kids 10 and 6.

What is "better" to you, can you define it?

I'm not starting a debate about your pixel resolution crap.

Sorry about off topic Blackman

I thought we we here discussing FTA TV and Netflix so pixels and resolution aren't relevant. I'm genuinely interested in what makes the LCD look "better" to you, is it brightness, colour, contrast, gamma, motion clarity, motion smoothness, what?

By the way, this is not Blackman's thread.

Edited by Owen