neishah

Epson EH TW3000 projector

3 posts in this topic

I rent a house with the above projector installed.  Have been using it for 18 months, but now the lamp needs replacing at a cost of $396 for genuine.   Am wondering if it is worth replacing, considering the projector is now 8-9 years old?  I don't want to fork out that amount of money if the projector is going to fail due to age anyway.   Could go out and purchase a brand new big screen t.v. 55" for only around $800.   Any assistance appreciated.

Get on eBay. Heaps of cheaper options including those claiming to be genuine. Just be careful as some are genuine lamps in aftermarket housings, some are totally non-genuine lamps and housings, some are just lamps of both varieties and some are fakes.  It seems that you are I high users as the alternate is to buy a TV so if it was me I would opt for an original lamps in an aftermarket housing for about $200.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xepson+tw3000+lamp.TRS0&_nkw=epson+tw3000+lamp&_sacat=0

Thanks womble66, but I have looked into non-genuine, and am not willing to take the risk of damaging the projector, even though it is old, as I live in a rental, and if the pj was damaged, I would be liable.