Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackman

HDMI 2.2 WHAT!!!!!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Today I visited JB HI FI where in there a gentleman that is very well dressed representing Samsung. He was next to one of the Larger Samsung TV's on display and we spoke about large TV's, larger than 85 inch and Samsung had one at 88 Inch at a hefty 30 thousand Dollars and I said NO WAY and after this the subject about HDMI came across and this well dressed Gentleman said his TV and some others are capable of HDMI 2.2.

WHAT!!!! I said, HDMI 2.1 has just been released but his stubbornness in front of other customers  he said NO!! His TV's had HDMI 2.2. I said you are not mistaken to HDCP 2.2 as that is the Current Spec for a technology designed to prevent illegal copying of 4K Ultra HD content but he REPLIED NO!!!! Whilst customers are watching. His TV's are capable of HDMI 2.2. I said that had not been invented yet..

I Tried to tell him that HDMI 2.1 is capable of 18 Gbps to support new formats such as Ultra High Definition 4K video (3840 x 2160 pixels) at up to 60 frames per second but this info went in one ear and out the other. I also told him the NEW RELEASED HDMI 2.1 standard will increase link bandwidth to 48 Gbps and will enable support for up to 10K resolutions , new color spaces with up to 16 bits per component, dynamic HDR, variable refresh rates for gaming applications as well as new audio formats.

Now you guys on this forum you all know that I have suffered a massive stroke last year and I'm trying to repair my self but I didn't have to much time in Hospital to a point that HDMI 2.0 become 2.1 and followed by the introduction of HDMI 2.2.

Please Tell me Is this well Dressed Gentleman representing Samsung is he right compared to an an OLD MAN that has been effected by having a stroke? Once again the PUBLIC Believes this young Gentleman.

My I reiterated We are talking about HDMI the Port like he describe to me where you plug the HDMI cable in and NOT the HDCP 2.2 copy protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blackman said:

Please Tell me Is this well Dressed Gentleman representing Samsung is he right compared to an an OLD MAN that has been effected by having a stroke? Once again the PUBLIC Believes this young Gentleman.

My I reiterated We are talking about HDMI the Port like he describe to me where you plug the HDMI cable in and NOT the HDCP 2.2 copy protection.

Stop picking on the poor marketing schill Blackman :D Its the old saying " a bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing '' He wouldn't have a clue about hdmi but someone probably told him Samsung has a one connect box that can be upgraded to future hdmi revisions http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/television-home-theater-accessories/televisions/sek2500u-one-connect-evolution-kit-sek-2500u-za/

if you want to fork out for a new one ad infinitum no doubt ..

Edited by cwt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cwt said:

Stop picking on the poor marketing schill Blackman :D Its the old saying " a bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing '' He wouldn't have a clue about hdmi but someone probably told him Samsung has a one connect box that can be upgraded to future hdmi revisions http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/television-home-theater-accessories/televisions/sek2500u-one-connect-evolution-kit-sek-2500u-za/

if you want to fork out for a new one ad infinitum no doubt ..

I knew about this one stop gadget but HDMI 2.2 !!! It new for me..Must have been a long time in Hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackman said:

I knew about this one stop gadget but HDMI 2.2 !!! It new for me..Must have been a long time in Hospital.

A new one for all of us mate ; trying to sell the 2020 models no doubt :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may have actually meant HDCP 2.2 not HDMI 2.2, but it does show he didn't know what he was talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Blackman said:

 this well dressed Gentleman said his TV and some others are capable of HDMI 2.2.

 

Did you ask him to demonstrate it

Normally with these types it pays to act stupid,  then ask specific technical questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kazz said:

He may have actually meant HDCP 2.2 not HDMI 2.2, but it does show he didn't know what he was talking about.

NO,NO,NO,NO after I told him he was wrong. HE SAID, HDMI 2.2 the Port that you plug the cable in with. My Daughter was with me and she was surprised how rude he was but I don't care about that.

All I was trying to do is clarify that what he was saying to me and other was WRONG!!

He Then Complain to me that I was scaring the Customer and I told him very clearly that I have had a stroke recently and have difficult in speaking and have to speak slight louder to get the words out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bassett said:

Did you ask him to demonstrate it

Normally with these types it pays to act stupid,  then ask specific technical questions.

I might be dead with old age before HDMI 2.2 eventuates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm VERY SURPRISED IN you would think that Samsung to brief/train this Gentleman in there products and be able to answer 95% of Customers Questions.

Most of you know that I have a Hecto 100 Inch Laser Projector and the Problem to set them up and I wrote a Very detail report on the problem and How to set them up with ZERO Adjustment which made a perfect pictur and NO geometry issues where ALL including the Installers said it was impossible but I said the Hecto screen and the Projector was like a Rubic Cube and when you understand that beast you can understand how to set them up PERFECT!!.

Yes it still Perfect today.

LG In Korea was reading DTV Forum and what I wrote with plenty of photo's and before I knew it LG People from Korea where knock on my door after Visiting LG Head office in Sydney. We spoke about everything about the problem of setting up the Hecto and  the New model Hecto which was eventually canned (Sad Day for 4K short Throw Projectors But Hisense was reading this and done what LG didn't. I wonder after seeing my photo's Hisense said that a good idea to have adjustable back light on the screen to soften the impact on you eyes ) I have Contacted Hisence and I had a very constructive call with them about getting the Hisense 4K short throw projector in Australia but at the moment is a US model only. Who Know I might have to get it from the US as my Satellite TV room is our theatre Room and has plenty of 110Volts power Point for the US Satellite Decoders I have but before I ever do this the Voltage is not the Only problem I will encounter.

It a pity this forum has a major meltdown over a year ago because all those photos and post were lost. The below photo is our LG Hecto with LED Back lighting that has 10 steps to brighten it. Set at the moment at Position 7 out of 10

DSC01051_zps7b5bafc1.jpg

Edited by Blackman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blackman said:

He Then Complain to me that I was scaring the Customer and I told him very clearly that I have had a stroke recently and have difficult in speaking and have to speak slight louder to get the words out.

 

It is a disgrace that the person in question is not aware of the falsehoods he peddled.  It is a sad state of affairs when Joe Average listens to this sort of dribble and thinks it is fact.  The store should follow this up with Samsung and have the person taken to task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mr C said:

It is a disgrace that the person in question is not aware of the falsehoods he peddled.  It is a sad state of affairs when Joe Average listens to this sort of dribble and thinks it is fact.  The store should follow this up with Samsung and have the person taken to task.

i think Mr Samsung is kinda busy right now trying to make bail

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-17/samsung-chief-lee-arrested-in-corruption-investigation/8279252

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blackman said:

NO,NO,NO,NO after I told him he was wrong. HE SAID, HDMI 2.2 the Port that you plug the cable in with. My Daughter was with me and she was surprised how rude he was but I don't care about that.

All I was trying to do is clarify that what he was saying to me and other was WRONG!!

He Then Complain to me that I was scaring the Customer and I told him very clearly that I have had a stroke recently and have difficult in speaking and have to speak slight louder to get the words out.

 

hand him over to me Blackie he sounds like a right royal twatt lol

sounds like he could do with some internal counselling and training on his product, and his customer service people skills could do with some fine tuning as well

its not he first instance i have heard of on site reps being totally unprofessional

 

where was it? which store ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blackman said:

The below photo is our LG Hecto with LED Back lighting that has 10 steps to brighten it. Set at the moment at Position 7 out of 10

Very nice.

I think a lot of people underestimate the usefulness of a bias light. It stops human irises from dilating fully during darker scenes, improves the apparent darkness of blacks, and can provide a useful amount of light to prevent people tripping when walking about in a darkened room! Ideally it should be a neutral white but I don't think it matters too much if it isn't. (In Blackman's picture above it looks like it could be a cool white, but that may be the camera rather than reality.)    

 

8 hours ago, Blackman said:

you would think that Samsung to brief/train this Gentleman in there products and be able to answer 95% of Customers Questions.

The salesmen at JB Hi-fi who help with TVs may also have to help with computers, and at some stores with coffee making machines and refrigerators. I have rarely encountered a JB Hi-Fi or Harvey Norman salesperson with more than a very basic apparent knowledge of TV display technology. If they appear to be going off the rails with an explanation I usually try to correct them gently. If they persist, I might change the subject to something the salesman is more likely to know something about (e.g. whether they've heard when a new model might be coming into stock).


Manufacturers don't always help when they arrange for exaggerated videos to be produced to demonstrate technical differences. Look at this picture of a demonstration video that was playing in an Australian showroom, that purports to explain the improvement provided by HDR:

20170211_101744DemoOfHDRInShowroom_zpspp

I think it exaggerates to the point of being deceptive, but that is only my opinion!

I don't know what I'd say about it if I were employed as a salesman. 

Edited by MLXXX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cannot believe what i'm reading.

first to say I'm sorry for blackman having a stroke as i did not know this until now and have not spoken to blackman for over a year since my hecto projector got destroyed by a glass of water, and secondly good on him for correcting this idiot.

you need to see blackman a hunch back old man that sometime walks with a walking stick and rarely gets dress up and also rarely he shaves but he have a sharp mind and particular with accuracy. by looking at him you would expect to know nothing but there is a saying, you cannot judge a book by the cover.

 just to let you know he set up my hecto perfect after the 4 installers had two goes of doing it and could not get it right.

he took the screen off the wall got rid of the hecto on the lounge and started again. i didn't know him, i meet him at harvey norman whilst i was complaining why my hecto had the picture off the screen and on the wall.

blackman is very pedantic never seen a person like him and the upmost person for situations like this hecto problem that no one in australia could fix except for him.

i trust one blackman instead of any well dressed fool.

epilogue:

samsung train you people to understand the product you're trying to sell because you might fool 99% of people out there but eventually you will run into a person like blackman

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rainbow Man said:

i cannot believe what i'm reading.

first to say I'm sorry for blackman having a stroke as i did not know this until now and have not spoken to blackman for over a year since my hecto projector got destroyed by a glass of water, and secondly good on him for correcting this idiot.

you need to see blackman a hunch back old man that sometime walks with a walking stick and rarely gets dress up and also rarely he shaves but he have a sharp mind and particular with accuracy. by looking at him you would expect to know nothing but there is a saying, you cannot judge a book by the cover.

 just to let you know he set up my hecto perfect after the 4 installers had two goes of doing it and could not get it right.

he took the screen off the wall got rid of the hecto on the lounge and started again. i didn't know him, i meet him at harvey norman whilst i was complaining why my hecto had the picture off the screen and on the wall.

blackman is very pedantic never seen a person like him and the upmost person for situations like this hecto problem that no one in australia could fix except for him.

i trust one blackman instead of any well dressed fool.

epilogue:

samsung train you people to understand the product you're trying to sell because you might fool 99% of people out there but eventually you will run into a person like blackman

 

 

 

 

Yeah to long for the last visit from you. The last 12 months have been a strain on me will health but I'm ready for the NEW PROJECT!!  I'm will be removing the Hecto and re-position out the back room and I was going to replace the Hecto with a LG 86 UH955T a 4K LED Tv but since they have sold out I will have to wait for the New model that has had good reports from CES 2017. It will cost me more but we had a family meeting on this and the Daughter has Decided to Pay her share because this TV will cost us $3000 to $4000 MORE than $11,000.

 

We all enjoy our TV as you know so lets get it when we have the money. The Next model they say is expected in March 17 to April 17 but I don't think so because I think the 86 Incher came later in the year and surprised all they are gone. Me think LG does not want to be stuck with to many older models where they some hoe say they lose. (Bullshit they never lose) .

Hey I don't dress that bad but I enjoy being that bad because people judge a person that way. You know the story about when we bought the new car. Nothing changed.

This Person at JB at Morayfield it not his fault it Samsung problem, ItsTheir Fault for not training him. You and other are right Considering HDMI is well know today he should have know that we are still in the HDMI 2.0 stage and it wound be until 2018 before you will get to see HDMI 2.1 on a TV and forget HDMI 2.2.

 

Me think when this Person (my Daughter remember his name) see this he will twist his story SAYING I WRONG!! He will SAY that he said HDMI 2.0 but I thought he said HDMI 2.2 but the Problem is my Daughter is 24 Years Old and with the Memory of 10 Elephants and she CLEARLY REMEMBER what he said. As you know My wife and Daughter eat and sleep my talk about anything to do with TV's.

 

Not to worry I had to put up with Well Dressed People like this all my life so one more is nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mr C said:

It is a disgrace that the person in question is not aware of the falsehoods he peddled.  It is a sad state of affairs when Joe Average listens to this sort of dribble and thinks it is fact.  The store should follow this up with Samsung and have the person taken to task.

We are talking JBHiFi here - I think the Samsung rep probably does know more than the bulk of the staff on the floor, unfortunately.

I get the unenviable task occassionally of re-educating those who have been mis-led by these morons, only for the customer to sometimes turn on me because they dont know who to believe, as it all gets too hard.

Certainly not doing the industry any favours that's for sure.

Edited by MarkH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MLXXX said:

Very nice.

I think a lot of people underestimate the usefulness of a bias light. It stops human irises from dilating fully during darker scenes, improves the apparent darkness of blacks, and can provide a useful amount of light to prevent people tripping when walking about in a darkened room! Ideally it should be a neutral white but I don't think it matters too much if it isn't. (In Blackman's picture above it looks like it could be a cool white, but that may be the camera rather than reality.)    

 

The salesmen at JB Hi-fi who help with TVs may also have to help with computers, and at some stores with coffee making machines and refrigerators. I have rarely encountered a JB Hi-Fi or Harvey Norman salesperson with more than a very basic apparent knowledge of TV display technology. If they appear to be going off the rails with an explanation I usually try to correct them gently. If they persist, I might change the subject to something the salesman is more likely to know something about (e.g. whether they've heard when a new model might be coming into stock).


Manufacturers don't always help when they arrange for exaggerated videos to be produced to demonstrate technical differences. Look at this picture of a demonstration video that was playing in an Australian showroom, that purports to explain the improvement provided by HDR:

20170211_101744DemoOfHDRInShowroom_zpspp

I think it exaggerates to the point of being deceptive, but that is only my opinion!

I don't know what I'd say about it if I were employed as a salesman. 

A very few Shops have the Shop floor one left and they can Keep it. Maybe I should say how much do you want for it (JOKING) and say ROUGHLY how many hours has the TV Done like most will say and this when the Bull Crap starts, Well What I will do then after he or she state the Approx Hours run I will get out of my pocket my LG Master REMOCON 105201M model and press InStart and get into the the Service Menu and find the Total hours run. LOL. I do have a problem having people trying to put the wool over me maybe because the way I look but after the vemon hits them they release I'm not easy to sucker in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MarkH said:

We are talking JBHiFi here - I think the Samsung rep probably does know more than the bulk of the staff on the floor, unfortunately.

I get the unenviable task occassionally of re-educating those who have been mis-led by these morons, only for the customer to sometimes turn on me because they dont know who to believe, as it all gets too hard.

Certainly not doing the industry any favours that's for sure.

Yes your are Correct!!

I don't blame this young guy but he was putting me down, he was not listening to me yet he was wrong. My life I ALWAYS ALLOWED THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT!! I don't care if a 5 your child come to me and said you are wrong and I will respect that but I will keep an open mind about this because the 5 Year old could be right!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The member Rainbow man that know me he said I'm very Partantic (how do you spell it, Blame the Stroke) Yes I am including the Truth. I'm Digital Zero's and Ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MLXXX said:

Very nice.

I think a lot of people underestimate the usefulness of a bias light. It stops human irises from dilating fully during darker scenes, improves the apparent darkness of blacks, and can provide a useful amount of light to prevent people tripping when walking about in a darkened room! Ideally it should be a neutral white but I don't think it matters too much if it isn't. (In Blackman's picture above it looks like it could be a cool white, but that may be the camera rather than reality.)    

 



20170211_101744DemoOfHDRInShowroom_zpspp

Yes I will be doing the same with the new telley This time I will use 2835 NEW style LED's with just about ZERO Heat.

Temp Its 5600 Deg K. Close to COOL WHITE

Edited by Blackman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0