bernievink

Planet Earth II 4K UHD release dates

48 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Hi Al,so Bernie mentioned above it should go for 5 hours,what are you missing with only 1 x 4k disc?

From the pics it appears Episodes 1-3 are (only) Bluray. Episodes 4-6 are UHD Bluray.

Given the project took years perhaps the recording equipment improved over that time?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

Just noticed the cover says 4 discs ?2nd pic only shows 2?if only 2 discs,are you saying half of the series is 1080 and the remainder 4k?

11 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Just noticed the cover says 4 discs ?2nd pic only shows 2?if only 2 discs,are you saying half of the series is 1080 and the remainder 4k?

I was but I didn't see the 4 discs bit. Presumably not shown but are the other discs. Presumably The UHD version has been compressed to so it can fit 3 episodes on 1 BluRay.

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

22 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Hi Al,so Bernie mentioned above it should go for 5 hours,what are you missing with only 1 x 4k disc?

because you can only see one of the 4k ud discs in the picture I posted. the other UHD is in the case pocket behind it. as there is another blu-ray behind the one you can see in the photo.

so all up in the UK edition, 

2x 4k uhd discs

2x blu-day discs 

:)

15 minutes ago, muriwai said:

4 discs :)  if can see in the pic the uhd says Disc 2 ? the disc one (uhd) is behind it, notice the blu-rays says disc one ? the one behind(blu-ray) it is disc 2 :)  hope clear. 

32744494443_7552cfb11b_c.jpg

2 hours ago, muriwai said:

Looks like a dual flip case to me. 4 disc

Edit: Sorry, hadn't read page two of the thread

Edited by Jutta

49 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Al,do you know if there will be a 3D release of this series,?

doubt it, attenborough always tends to use the very best current tech for his series. so at present UHD is it and what it was made for. 

if wanting 3D look back catalog in what the BBC has done and it is THE best 3D have ever seen on disc but yes 1080p which is best 3D can achieve.

damn, I ordered from Amazon UK 8 March and mine shows 3 April delivery? (GBP25 plus GBP2 delivery)

Al, did you express post? 

6 hours ago, KEF Ci2000 said:

damn, I ordered from Amazon UK 8 March and mine shows 3 April delivery? (GBP25 plus GBP2 delivery)

Al, did you express post? 

no, thats the thing I didnt do express or anything, it came uk/royal mail ! checked the amazon pack right over too be sure. surprised the heck out of me as was too expecting this in April

I suppose post from uk especially if airmal in 7 days is possible so will keep that in mind for future purchase :)  though quite possibly this was a a one off with just moons aligning or something :D

Hi Bernie, 

Thanks again for your JB Hi-Fi Online order.

The good news is, it's on the way ! 

Your order JBXXXXXXXXX2298 was dispatched today.

Capture.JPG

Edited by bernievink

below just a taste of some of the lovely scenes, some of the most beautiful shot stuff have seen from the BBC and heavily reduced compressed uploaded here the photos dont do justice,

33564200866_3141fc3947_h.jpg

32762231014_01dfdca54e_h.jpg

33475817391_091ab98718_h.jpg

Is very nice to look at, had downloaded them in december when it originally aired in the uk.
Got my copy today from sanity, can confirm local release is uhd only so no bluray copy and so you don't get the planet earth diaries after each episode.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I had it pre ordered so maybe thats why I got it early?
Didn't see it on the shelves.
Sometimes living in a rural town you need to preorder so they will get it for you, apparently they were only bringing in a couple of copies on the uhd format.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, kil4collingwood1 said:

I had it pre ordered so maybe thats why I got it early?

Don't know about early but mine arrived today from JB. will be watching it tonight.