Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bernievink

Planet Earth II 4K UHD release dates

49 posts in this topic

Hi Folks

I have been waiting for this Particular release on 4K UHD.

JB HiFi have it available for pre-order, Release Date 29/03/17, price AU $47.98 plus delivery.

Amazon UK have it for pre-order, Release Date 13/03/2017, price GBP 49.99 (ouch over $64AU) plus delivery.

shop.bbc.com have it for pre-order, Release Date 28/03/17, price GPB 39.98 plus delivery.

Amazon US have it for pre-order, Release Date 28/03/17, price US$49.96 plus delivery.

Strange Amazon UK is usually the cheapest and earliest. but not this one!

I guess that when delivery costs are included JB HiFi may actually be the cheapest as well as the earliest arrival.

Any one know of any other suppliers that maybe cheaper / earlier ?

Edited by bernievink

OMFG !!!! this will be something to behold.

like their 3D series it will utilise the tech to the absolute capabilities and quite stunning  a spectacle 

I cant wait :)

great we are getting it pretty much concurrently and as early as over seas and at the price i'll be buying local :)

On 12/02/2017 at 8:13 PM, bernievink said:

Any one know of any other suppliers that maybe cheaper / earlier ?

This was just mentioned @ WP;

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/planet-earth-ii-uhd-4k-blu-ray-ultraviolet/dp/6180076

$39.97, plus $4.95 postage... $44.92, not much cheaper. I think I'd rather collect instore @JB than muck around with postage. There may be a 20% off not long after release for Easter too... unless it's excluded.

JSmith :ninja:

On 2/13/2017 at 9:41 PM, jsmith said:

$39.97, plus $4.95 postage... $44.92, not much cheaper. I think I'd rather collect instore @JB than muck around with postage. There may be a 20% off not long after release for Easter too... unless it's excluded.

JB HiFi have dropped their price to match EZYDVD.

I am pretty sure they are the same Australian release,

but JB HiFi just says 4K Ultra HD.

while EZYDVD says UHD 4K+Blu-ray+Ultraviolet.

Edited by bernievink

12 minutes ago, bernievink said:

Good news. :)

22 hours ago, bernievink said:

I am pretty sure they are the same Australian release,

but JB HiFi just says 4K Ultra HD.

while EZYDVD says UHD 4K+Blu-ray+Ultraviolet.

It would be the first UHD only release if that was the case. But I'm guessing they are identical.

To add insult to injury

Amazon UK show this as a 4 disc release, no run time given.

Amazon US shows this as a 3 disc release, Run Time 360 minutes.

EZYDVD shows it as a 2 disc release. Run Time 342 minutes.

JB HiFi don't display disc info but display Run Time 300 minutes.

does nobody know what is coming, or are we being screwed again ?

I think early on with the first edition Planet Earth, the UK was the place to get the best release. I can't quite recall 100% however

Found this on eBay no less, it seems the 2 UHD discs are a total of 300 minutes approx,

and if you get the 2 BD discs as well they are a total of 342 minutes approx.

Capture.JPG

Edited by bernievink

Using the above picture as a reference, I sent EZYDVD an email asking for confirmation of their description:-

"Hello EZYDVD

Please confirm that this release is what you advertise, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.
I believe the Australian release of this TV series has only 2 Discs in the pack, But the UK release has 4 discs in the pack.
Your Title of “Planet Earth II (UHD 4K+Blu-ray+Ultraviolet)” may be incorrect and cause confusion.
Please confirm what is in the pack."

This was their reply:-

"Hi Bernie, Thank you for your email.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/planet-earth-ii-uhd-4k-blu-ray-ultraviolet/dp/6180076

Our site says this has 2 discs only:

Number of Discs 2
Blu-ray Region B

It means there is a Blu-ray 4K (a more advance format for Blu-ray) disc in it; and a normal Blu-ray disc in it. Ultravoilet is just a code where buyer of this title can redeem online digital right from Ultravoilet-partnership sites.

I hope this explanation is of help.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Brian
EzyDVD Customer Service"

Wow there is intelligence for you.

On 10/03/2017 at 10:19 PM, bernievink said:

Using the above picture as a reference, I sent EZYDVD an email asking for confirmation of their description:-

"Hello EZYDVD

Please confirm that this release is what you advertise, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.
I believe the Australian release of this TV series has only 2 Discs in the pack, But the UK release has 4 discs in the pack.
Your Title of “Planet Earth II (UHD 4K+Blu-ray+Ultraviolet)” may be incorrect and cause confusion.
Please confirm what is in the pack."

This was their reply:-

Number of Discs 2
Blu-ray Region B

It means there is a Blu-ray 4K (a more advance format for Blu-ray) disc in it; and a normal Blu-ray disc in it. Ultravoilet is just a code where buyer of this title can redeem online digital right from Ultravoilet-partnership sites.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Brian
EzyDVD Customer Service"

It might be the same person or relation of him for Samsung that told me that His displays have HDMI 2.2. LOL,LOL

According to the sanity website, 2 discs with no mention of normal bluray on the cover, just 4k uhd

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

On 2/13/2017 at 9:41 PM, jsmith said:

This was just mentioned @ WP;

EZYDVD have lifted their price to $49.97.

I wonder if they are sourcing the UK edition with the BD included in the pack, making it a 4 disc version ? or they are just being greedy.

Edited by bernievink

28 minutes ago, bernievink said:

Loved this;

"You’ve already seen it, you say. I also caught it the first time around on BBC iPlayer, but seeing it on 4K Blu-ray is like seeing it for the first time. Streaming is the future, I’m told, and some day that may be true, but right now Planet Earth 2 on 4K Blu-ray is a gleeful middle finger to those saying discs are dead. You simply cannot get such quality through a streaming service."

And tech specs;

PLANET EARTH 2 4K BLU-RAY SPECS

• Episodes: Islands, Mountains, Jungles, Deserts, Grasslands, Cities
  • Aspect ratio: 16:9
  • Frame rate: 24fps
  • Main soundtrack: English, DTS HD MA 5.1
  • Subtitles: English for the hard of hearing
  • Certificate: PG

UHD Blu-ray (discs 1 and 2)

• Resolution: 2160p
  • Feature length: 300 minutes
  • Disc format: UHDBD66

Blu-ray (discs 3 and 4)

• Resolution: 1080i
  • Feature length: 342 minutes (includes Planet Earth 2 Diaries shot in HD only)
  • Disc format: BD50

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/planet-earth-2-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review#yYaEzseB6azu81kU.99

1 hour ago, Jutta said:

Blu-ray (discs 3 and 4)

• Resolution: 1080i
  • Feature length: 342 minutes (includes Planet Earth 2 Diaries shot in HD only)
  • Disc format: BD50

Please note:- the Australian release does not include these discs you need to buy them separately if you want them. Or order the full set from Amazon UK.

And also note that the EZYDVD advertisement that says "UHD 4K+Blu-ray+Ultraviolet" is definitely incorrect !

Edited by bernievink

Don't want them. Only interested in the UHD
So I'm happy with 2 disc version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want them. Only interested in the UHD
So I'm happy with 2 disc version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, if it came with the standard blurays I would have just palmed them off to my mother anyway.
Shame to be missing out on the planet earth diaries, but I have all the episodes with that downloaded anyway

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bernievink said:

the EZYDVD advertisement that says "UHD 4K+Blu-ray+Ultraviolet" is definitely incorrect !

If this is incorrect, it's false advertising... EzyDVD may get themselves into some trouble with this.

i just ordered it from the uk amazon. price isnt much in it really to bother.

On 10/03/2017 at 11:19 PM, bernievink said:

Number of Discs 2
Blu-ray Region B

Brian
EzyDVD Customer Service"

I sent them a follow up email saying 

"Hi Brian

Thank you for the prompt reply, 

but I believe your information is just a copy of your website data. Which does not make sense.
4K Ultra HD discs hold 66GB of data or approx. 2.5  hours of movie/TV series.
The Planet earth series lasts 300 minutes or 5 hours.
So 2 discs means only 4K Ultra HD or only Blu-ray, it is not possible fir it to be both.

Also you are the only people in the world offering “Ultraviolet” with this release.
That is probably another incorrect comment on your website.

If you do not wish to upset a lot of people when they order this item from you.
You had better get your facts straight.

Just trying to save you a lot of trouble when you send these out to people.

Regards
Bernie Vink

To which I received this reply today.

"Hi Bernie,

Thank you for your concern and email.

I am double checking the information with our supplier roadshow. Once I find out more from them I will send you a follow-up email.

Brian
EzyDVD Customer Service

On 14/03/2017 at 5:57 PM, :) said:

i just ordered it from the uk amazon. price isnt much in it really to bother.

a week later and its here, just ordinary post...

32715511474_bbce6d920d_c.jpg

32744494443_7552cfb11b_c.jpg

not sure why would bother with ezy at this point,

Hi Al,so Bernie mentioned above it should go for 5 hours,what are you missing with only 1 x 4k disc?