Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveMuzza

Device To Pick Up Fta Plus Internet Enabled With Apps For Netflix/stan.

3 posts in this topic

Hi All

My partner is new to Australia and bringing over her 6 year old flat screen Sony. I am after a FTA STB and something that is internet connected with apps to play Netflix and Stan.

I have searched but cannot find anything apart from say the FetchTV box but thought there would be cheaper options around.

Anyone know of devices that cater to this that is budget friendly, $150 or less?.

We are not really interested in recording such as FetchTV but not fussed if it is available.

Regards

Dave

The FetchTV is quite a good PVR. I believe you can buy it out right and you don't have to pay the subscription for all the extra channels.

As you've found there are not a lot of FTA + Netflix options out there and most are pretty poor in their capability.

I'd suggest you split the task and get a STB and a media player.

A cheap HD STB for well under $50 and I believe the TelstraTV would handle all your catchup TV as well as Presto, Stan and Netflix. Cost would be $110

Just confirm you don't actually need a Telstra Internet subscription to use the box (I can't see why not though). Details here

As an alternative you could also try the AppleTV as the media player for $250 though. Some comparisons with TelstraTV here

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload