Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slattery

Nine Hd And Video Redo

7 posts in this topic

I just grabbed a sample recording of the new 9HD and tried to edit it using Video Redo however it won't work stating it can't find an audio stream and just locks up.

Any ideas why this would be the case? All the other free to air channels including 9SD edit fine in Video Redo.

Thanks

The new 9HD (MPEG-4) is a different codec than the other channels (MPEG-2).

Does your version of VideoReDo support MPEG-4? Might be worth getting the latest version of VideoReDo or the TVSuite version.

Slattery I presume you're using an h.264 capable version of VideoRedo.

My (very old) version of "VideoRedo H.264", is working fine with 9HD free to air in Brisbane. Smooth playback, including audio. The program information shows the audio as AC3 5.1 channels 448 Kbps, and the video shows as 1920 x 1080 H.264. (Video bitrate for a 15min segment starting half an hour ago shows as 4.648 Mbps.)

Thanks guys,

I am using VideoRedo TV Suite V4 H264. I suspect it might be the capture program I am using. Since Windows Media player bit the dust with Windows 10 I was struggling to find one. I am currently using BlazeVideo HDTV Player 6.6.

It keeps popping up with an error saying no audio stream found when loading a 9HD file into VideoRedo.

Is there something else that I can use with Windows 10?

Edited by Slattery

I've used the freeware NextPVR on Windows 7, and I'd expect it would probably work with Windows 10. You can set the record times manually or via an EPG. It seems to work fine recording and displaying h.264 broadcasts.

Great minds think a like mate. I was just looking at that program when I read your reply. Ill give it a go. Thanks

UPDATE

I have NextPVR up and running and it's all working fine with VideoRedo. Thanks MLXXX and others.

Edited by Slattery

Is there something else that I can use with Windows 10?

DVBViewer works just fine on Windows 10, and I've been viewing and editing 9HD recorded files just fine with VideoRedo.

Heck, DVBViewer even supports viewing and recording of HEVC/H.265 codec broadcasts so if that ever appears on Australian FTA TV you'll be ready for it!

VideoRedo does require a capable processor and graphics card to quickly move around H.264 recorded files compared with MPEG-2 due to the far greater complexity of the codec.