Sub25

Power Sound Audio Xs30 Subwoofer Review

12 posts in this topic

I got my XS30SE delivered last night, very nice sub, bit bigger compared to the sub25 i got, but it blended well, running it together with sub25 my room sounds even better now, i can hear everything rattling. Very good sub in my opinion.

There is one thing, being its such a heavy weight sub, psa preferred to use small plastic clips to hold the grill. mine was all damaged, except 2 while transporting or unpacking. its such so fragile. I couldnt believe psa choose put such a small plastic pegs to hold the grill and ship the sub with the grill attached. I didnt like the way its packaged, it wouldve been much better, ex: my sub25 got metal grills attached means no way it can get damaged. Anyway you get what you pay for, except these cosmetic design fault its indeed a very good sub. I warn everyone if you decide to sell and ship the sub to interstate, dont do it, its only a pickup material.

Cheers

The SX30 & XS30SE models ship with grills in a separate carton, either inside with the subwoofer or as a separate carton. The grills are never attached to the subwoofer when shipped (new).

All PSA models have solid protective packaging and we've not had any issues so far when we ship new models to our customers.

Sub25 please send me an email and I'll chase up PSA and see if we can get you some replacement pins. We've not seen a broken pin so far. Sorry to hear the person you purchased from left the grills attached.

Peter

Sub25 please send me an email and I'll chase up PSA and see if we can get you some replacement pins. We've not seen a broken pin so far. Sorry to hear the person you purchased from left the grills attached.

Peter

I have a couple of broken pins on my pair Peter. I just never worried about it as it makes little difference. I might if there comes a time to sell them though. And they were shipped unattached inside the sub carton just as JohnA showed in the other thread.

I have a couple of broken pins on my pair Peter. I just never worried about it as it makes little difference. I might if there comes a time to sell them though. And they were shipped unattached inside the sub carton just as JohnA showed in the other thread.

its just without the pins i cannot attach both grills to the sub, i got a 3yr old he runs arounds and touches everything, i dont want him to knock the subwoofer corn with his hammer :), not to mention when his friends came over.

The SX30 & XS30SE models ship with grills in a separate carton, either inside with the subwoofer or as a separate carton. The grills are never attached to the subwoofer when shipped (new).

All PSA models have solid protective packaging and we've not had any issues so far when we ship new models to our customers.

Peter

Thanks Peter for such a quick reply and explanation, got your email, a very good service indeed. If you could please find a fix for me that would be great. I was thinking of going to bunnings and find something to put it in place, i just cant leave it without the grills because of kids.

So about to add my second XS30SE in the next week or two, bit longer than I anticipated, but really excited.

For those interested Pete at DeepHz has some great specials on the range atm.......

39 minutes ago, yorac said:

So about to add my second XS30SE in the next week or two, bit longer than I anticipated, but really excited.

As someone who has just gone from having 1 sub to 2 .. I can tell you it is a rather amazing transformation.  The soundstage has opened up, bass tighter.  I am hearing instruments I could not hear before .....  which is why I have put up my B&W ASW650 for sale.

Edited by Mr C
clarification

12 hours ago, yorac said:

So about to add my second XS30SE in the next week or two, bit longer than I anticipated, but really excited

Let us know how your second sub fares in your system ....

Good going Yorac,I think we all still have to blame Blade for this multiple subs affliction,still clearly remember the night at selbys in Hallam when you cranked up the 2 Seaton subs with that scene with the plane and storm!!
Cheers Muri

6 hours ago, Mr C said:

PS:  I was not at the gathering you refer to.

Most of the east coast of Australia felt it, lmao..............