Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alanh

Get The Best Reception - Sydney

3 posts in this topic

I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right place ;)

We've constantly had unreliable reception in Richmond NSW since DTV started despite the MySwitch page indicating we should have "good coverage". By and large, we live with the issue (until we can afford to get a reliable antenna professional to visit), however I was hoping for a bit of help and advice on the following issue:

Most of the time Channel 9 has no signal- in these cases both Ten and Seven are clear. But on the occasions that Channel 9 does decide transmit properly either Ten or Seven will then drop out.

Any ideas? And does this indicate what our general issue with reception might be?

Cheers in advance (and a happy new year),

Confused

Hi confusedtv

It's not that confusing if you think about it all logically.

If your antenna is 30 years old it may be past it or may not be strong enough for where you are now and you may need the man with a digital signal meter to test for the best quality signals.Having said that if the antenna is still in reasonable condition with a good connection and cable you maybe ok if it has elements for UHF signals. I presume it originally was pointing to Gore Hill/ Artarmon and is a vhf/uhf combination antenna and you could receive SBS on channel 28.

If that is the case it probably is a reasonably gainful antenna considering the distance out to Richmond area and should work on the Kurrajong tower signals if you are in a good signal area for that tower.

Have you looked at other antennas on houses around you to see what their antennas look like and which way they are pointing ?

You may need to do a manual tune on each channel to make sure you are tuned to the correct channels only. If you have been doing an auto tune you may have channels you don't want or have missed out.

The channels for Kurrajong according to 'myswitch' are 28,30,31,32, and 33.

Hope that helps you a bit.

cheers Tazzy

Any recommendations for a good Antenna installer on the Northern Beaches? I need a new antenna (on existing mast) and completely new RG6 quad shield cable run to 2 new antenna points.

Looking for quality workmanship and materials.... who do you recommend?