• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi fellas i recently emailed iparcel about a package as i couldnt track it & it was due next week. Received an email from iparcel.

"Thank you for your email. Please note that reason why you are not seeing any tracking information in our system is that we have not actually received your physical parcel at our processing facility from Amazon. Your parcel is actually being held with Amazon for "Content Review" as the product ordered was flagged for import into Australia it appears and we need to make sure it is acceptable to ship. We do apologize for this delay and hope to have this resolved shortly. Thanks."

Anyone know why a product would be flagged for import into Australia, items in question are 2 cds & Transformers 3D.

#2 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,666 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

I suspect "Flagged for Import into Australia" is just corporate speak for your address is in Australia (i.e. if they were discussing your address in Brazil they'd say it was "Flagged for Brasil", etc.

As for what is potentilaly unacceptable about the package that's probably anyones guess. Could be internal quality control checking everythings in there.

Presumably they'll either tell you they're not sending it or they'll send it.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#3 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

^^^ it would've been nice of amazon to email there is problem instead of me emailing the courier company to find out. I have emailed Amazon & are waiting on a reply i thought it might have to do the Transformers 3D isnt there technical issues with the disc or something like that.

#4 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Amazon really need to improve their customer support email.

:phone:

Saying they dont give tracking numbers via expedited shipping & if you want them you have to pay for priority courier

:zorro:

man i nearly fellout of the chair with that email.

#5 WayneB

WayneB

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

May also be import restrictions for Australia.

I have been finding this a lot lately with old DVDs from Amazon.
Recently I tried to purchase the old 1988 Missiion Impossible TV series.
And got a message saying that this cannot be sent to Australia.
So ended up getting on eBay.

Wayne

#6 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,425 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

I would have thought that was a breech of the Fair Trade Agreement?

#7 groovem

groovem

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

I think the problem is that the product is not sold by Amazon directly and is being supplied by a third party. Check and it will usually say whether the product is supplied by Amazon itself or another company. Some of those other companies ship overseas, others don't.

#8 WayneB

WayneB

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I think the problem is that the product is not sold by Amazon directly and is being supplied by a third party. Check and it will usually say whether the product is supplied by Amazon itself or another company. Some of those other companies ship overseas, others don't.

No, Mission Impossible 1988 TV Series is supplied by Amazon and in stock (not third party).
Also tried to buy a DVD Movie called Prophecy awhile back 198? horror movie, it also was supplied by Amazon and in stock, but had export restriction to Australia.

Somertimes you get told at the point where you are processing the order, ie checking out basket amd sometimes by eMail from Amazon.

I have hit this 4 or 5 times in the past normally with old release DVDs.

Wayne

Edited by WayneB, 18 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.