Encoding Problem With Yamaha Rx-V1070

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dave73

dave73

AV Forum Member

• 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I have an Yamaha RX-V1070. I asked this a while back but maybe worded it wrong but the issue is bugging me.

Can someone explain why when watching some HD Foxtel channels (eg MTVHD or Fox 8HD, even some HD movie channels), the front display will show the audio is encoded to Dolby Digital, which is how it should be, but then every few seconds it switches back to the sound field setting I have it on, eg, Neo 6, Pro Logic etc.It switches back and forth like this while I am on that channel.

It just keeps switching on the display between the 2.The sound itself is ok and it seems to actually be encoded correctly playing back as Dolby Digital but I don't understand why the display keeps changing back and forth.

I am guessing it's to do with Foxtel. Other HD channels its fine which makes me think it's to do with the audio broadcast on those particular channels and it's nothing to do with anything it my end, wonder if it happens to other people as well.Why would the receiver display change though.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by dave73, 17 February 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#2 GaryCook

GaryCook

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Mine changes the input type display during programs when there are advertisements, station identifiers etc which are not DD. That's logical, I can't say as I have noticed it change during the program itself though.

Cheers
Gary

#3 dave73

dave73

AV Forum Member

• 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yeah that would be logical as you say, this happens during the actual program. It's not erratic, it changes every 4 seconds or so like clockwork.

I had an earlier model pioneer amp that never did this, only the Yamaha does it. It has to be how the receiver is getting the audio signal, like it cant encode it due to the signal being weak or something, I am not that technically minded so just guessing, I dont mind it happening but want to know why.