Photo

Tv Aerial Installer Wanted - Kogarah (Sydney)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kogarahboy

kogarahboy

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Could someone please recommend a resasonably priced installer that might be able to install a new aerial in Kogarah, Sydney. The problem: unfortunately, I can't pick up the ABC periodically despite having a large aerial on the roof, especially in bad weather, and its been suggested by others on the forum that it may not be very sensitive for DTV. Its a very old house, and the aerial is probably dated. I gather something similar to Digimatch 01MM-DC23A or DC21A would probably do the job, but I'm not an expert, I just saw these in Dick Smith. I'd also like some extra ports to be put upstairs and downstairs in the house, which already does have some cables going to the existing aerial. Your help is most appreciated!!

#2 beeblebrox

beeblebrox

DTV Forums Member

• 1,554 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

Try charlesc on the forum he is very knowledgeable and should be able look after you .

I wouldn't touch a dc23a with a barge pole, tit's primarily an analogue antenna. IMHO the 21A isn't fantastic with seperate baluns and the dodgey design of the uhf dipole

#3 dishhdtvchina

dishhdtvchina

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I have seen DTV antenna on most of the houses in Sydney and I was wondering how many DTV channels we can really receive in the region? Are they free to air, I'm a new comers so please excuse me if i was asking a too basic question.

#4 bellotv

bellotv

DTV Forums Member

• 1,631 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

dishhdtvchina
These channels are available free on the digital tv system available in sydney.
so long as your antenna is installed by a competant installer you should haver no problems getting all these on a TV available in any retail shop .

ABC 1
ABC 2
ABC 3
ABC News 24

SBS 1
SBS 2

7 two
7 mate
TV4me

GO!
GEM
Xtra