ortofon bargains

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

guys want to bring to your attention to william thackers online shop here and the ortofon jubilee they have going extremely cheaply on run out,

http://www.zum-shop....19_p4506_x2.htm

it is basically aussie $1276.28 delivered to your door as state taxes dissapear once you place in checkout. and pay for in aussie dollars. this is cheaper than what pay through his ebay site

http://www.ebay.com....-All-Categories

postage is very cheap ($15?) and super quick about 11 days from germany and triple box packed where the ortofon packaging is bomb proof anyways.

last chance to grab this superb cartridge which once retailed at close to $3k ! and was a special edition to celebrate ortofons jubilee. for me its a perfect combination for my turntable for life the rega p9. and it will be there for me when times comes to replace the cartridge. with the long life of the jubilees (around 5000 hours) I dare say this combo take me into retirement quite happily hehe

#2 loki65

loki65

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Great price. Do you have to pay gst and/or import duty?

#3 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Great price. Do you have to pay gst and/or import duty?

nothing more. auspost just bring to your door what you pay at the checkout is it :)

#4 Gutty

Gutty

AV Forum Member

• 4,083 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

Not 100% sure if it's still the case, but it used to be that if you registered on his site first, you also got a discount at the checkout....

Got my Ortofon Kontrapunkt, and 2M Blue from Thakker, Very happy with the service and price.

Are you seeing this MM ? That cart would be sublime on your Scout :whistle:

Edited by Gutty, 07 February 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#5 gone_bush

gone_bush

AV Forum Member

• 5,724 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

I think a certain person should change his screen name to "Satan".

"Never in the history of human" misery has one man tempted so many! :winky:

#6 Gutty

Gutty

AV Forum Member

• 4,083 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Yeah Al.... :devil:

:whistle:

Edited by Gutty, 07 February 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#7 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Haha ! Just performing a public duty !

Gutty not sure revfurther discounts, I definitely registered before purchase and noticed dropped from close to $1500 down to $1200 or so going through checkout. I presumed that was just removal of state taxes get charged if we're buying in Germany. If anyone knows of more additional savings possible be good to know.

I for instance used PayPal, I don't think cost me anymore and didn't see the usual conversion charges can if using a credit card. Wanted to use PayPal myself for the protection. :)

#8 Mining Man

Mining Man

AV Forum Member

• 6,843 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Not 100% sure if it's still the case, but it used to be that if you registered on his site first, you also got a discount at the checkout....

Got my Ortofon Kontrapunkt, and 2M Blue from Thakker, Very happy with the service and price.

Are you seeing this MM ? That cart would be sublime on your Scout :whistle:

Dynavector dropped their prices a little while back too. That xx2 mkII I'm lusting after is about 40% less than 12 months ago...

Will have to wait for now. Next biggie is a new iMac, when the next update comes out.

#9 Gutty

Gutty

AV Forum Member

• 4,083 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Dynavector dropped their prices a little while back too. That xx2 mkII I'm lusting after is about 40% less than 12 months ago...

Will have to wait for now. Next biggie is a new iMac, when the next update comes out.

Excuses excuses :P

#10 AudioNutter

AudioNutter

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

nothing more. auspost just bring to your door what you pay at the checkout is it :)

as over $1000 how do you escape 10% GST and 5% Import Duty on the whole lot including shipping and GST, other than getting lucky, which does happen occasionally??