• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MdMa

MdMa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I was going through the menu on my uncles ST30A yesterday and noticed it doesn't have the ability to do SBS 3D or Over-Under 3D.. unlike my VT20A ?!?

Have I missed something or is this tv only capable of 2D > 3D conversion and normal 3D via a 3D BD player?

#2 MdMa

MdMa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Anyone?

#3 cwt

cwt

AV Forum Member

• 5,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Anyone?

Dont have either Mdma but curious if it has an auto setting that switches s/s according to the signal received like my 3d projector ? Unless its a lower series model but s/s should be there youde think for downrezed fta etc :hmm:

#4 MdMa

MdMa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Dont have either Mdma but curious if it has an auto setting that switches s/s according to the signal received like my 3d projector ? Unless its a lower series model but s/s should be there youde think for downrezed fta etc :hmm:

I would like to think that, but confirmation would be better.

Unfortunately I haven't played with any of the VT30's or GT30's to see if it is the same. All I know is my VT20A has the option to manually switch to Side by Side or Top and Bottom 3D.... the ST30 doesn't as far as I can see.

#5 cwt

cwt

AV Forum Member

• 5,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I would like to think that, but confirmation would be better.

Unfortunately I haven't played with any of the VT30's or GT30's to see if it is the same. All I know is my VT20A has the option to manually switch to Side by Side or Top and Bottom 3D.... the ST30 doesn't as far as I can see.

Ide almost guarantee it after reading a review of the UK version ; just cant see it left off our version ; its got a new menu system as well.

http://www.avforums....-TV-Review.html

There is a control called Picture Sequence which reverses the 3D image and an Edge Smoother function that is presumably designed to work with lower resolution side-by-side material. Finally there is a 3D Detection mode that when on will automatically detect the 3D signal (frame sequential, side-by-side or top and bottom) and display it correctly.

#6 MdMa

MdMa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well from reading that review, it would seem it will do SbS & TaB 3D.

Great review too... makes me feel a whole lot better.

Thanks for your help cwt.