Foxtel Iq2 Relocation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jelstat

jelstat

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi guys I am moving from Sydney to Canberra and have 2 IQ2 boxes I want to take with me my new place in Canberra has 2 existing IQ2 outlets would it be a case of just plugging my IQ2's in to the outlets and way she goes (both are satellite)
or would it not work as easy as that just wanting to know to avoid installation costs answer and assistance is appreciated ...

#2 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi guys I am moving from Sydney to Canberra and have 2 IQ2 boxes I want to take with me my new place in Canberra has 2 existing IQ2 outlets would it be a case of just plugging my IQ2's in to the outlets and way she goes (both are satellite)
or would it not work as easy as that just wanting to know to avoid installation costs answer and assistance is appreciated ...

Yes, if both are satellite, it should work no problems.

#3 jelstat

jelstat

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

I won't have to tinker with any of the settings on the boxes? ..

#4 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

I won't have to tinker with any of the settings on the boxes? ..

If the Canberra address has had iQ installed previously and nothing has changed with the dish LNB & multiswitch cabling, then it should be just plug & play.

You shouldn't need to make any setting changes to the decoders at all.

You will receive all channels you currently do.

Under Foxtel T&C you will need to advise them of your change of address and your billing address will remain as it is now until you advise them..... otherwise, they will never know you've moved.

#5 jelstat

jelstat

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

cool thanks for all your help I know Foxtel try to take you to the cleaners with instillation thats all

#6 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,724 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Also, they will find out if the person who moves into your new address wants to get Foxtel - they wont be able to because you are there, then they will chase you down (and if they cant, and the new person can prove they live in your address, they will just disconnect your service)

Might just want to consider that first, unless you know who is moving into your Sydney address