Photo

What Is Voted Ad The Current Best Tv Plasma\lcd?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PLANT

PLANT

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Why don't they have a PINNED section for the current\latest Best voted TV for Plasma and LCD?

Plasma\LCD of the YEAR cost no factor.

I understand it changes but the Pioneer held the mantle for a long time!

#2 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,087 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Why don't they have a PINNED section for the currentlatest Best voted TV for Plasma and LCD?

PlasmaLCD of the YEAR cost no factor.

I understand it changes but the Pioneer held the mantle for a long time!

Because it is really is a matter of personal preference and people are able to do their own research on review/testing sites and in-store. Not to mention this type of thread causes alot of arguments. You should find what you like at the best price, see the prices thread. There isn't a perfect screen...

JSmith :ninja:

#3 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,767 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

If you want to create and maintain a pinned thread then ask a mod to help you.

But IMO a 'cost no factor' award is of little use to 99% of people who visit this forum.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#4 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 12,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

People who want and are prepared to pay for a "cost no factor" TV are out of luck, they are no longer produced.

#5 PLANT

PLANT

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Well what the best running, going round, I'm prepared to pay $5 then? ;)
If it's cheap fantastic if I have to pay more well go Aussie Economy.......

What do you two guys have and looking to upgrade to now?

#6 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,767 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Well what the best running, going round, I'm prepared to pay $5 then?

Might be best to save up for another week. Then you should be able to afford half price Tuesday tickets at the cinema - best PQ around. :)

What do you two guys have and looking to upgrade to now?

I'm probably not the one to ask that (jsmith and Owen have more discerning AV tastes than me. FWIW I've got a pretty new 42" Panasonic Plasma - can't fault it really. Unlikely to be upgraded for at leat another five years.

Again IMO, TV makers are struggling to add PQ improvements to their sets these days (its possible, but just not cost effective for them yet). Hence the push into 3D and "Smart TVs" - Neither technology being of much appeal to me.

Whats a really good 50 inch plasma at the moment? What price is worth considering for a quality product? Which brand....only PANA and Samsung worth considering?

So the brass tacks is that the current crop of TVs offer both excellant PQ and very good prices. There will always be people that will pay much more for a "better" TV but at the moment doubling the price only offers a very small improvement in what you get IMO. As you say, a current 50" Panasonic or Samsung is very easy to recommend these days. If you've got money to spare then I'd suggest spending that on the sound system, although you've probably got that covered already.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#7 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,087 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well what the best running, going round...

Link

Link

Link (US site)

JSmith :ninja:

#8 TheFrog

TheFrog

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

One thing people need to remember, in situations where you need the extra brightness of LCD, it's most unlikely you'll be viewing a HQ picture.

#9 hunterdata

hunterdata

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

Some people fall in love with a tv because they like the shiny bezel or for it's publicised perfomance specs that are usually quite false. They get off on the brag value.

Different factors are more important to some than others also. Believe it or not some people dont mind if they have to bin their very disposable set after one year of use. They still recommend them to others.

One brand that is frequently raved over in forums was mentioned to me by a high volume AV retailer as having the highest out of the box failure rate. I was not surprised, knowing of that brands reputation for many years.

It is all marketing... and the gullible public.

Edited by hunterdata, 18 February 2012 - 01:44 AM.