• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 keioffice

keioffice

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi guys

Would like some help here I've been having major issues with this DTV tuner (for my car) I've purchased, everyone (or most at least) seem to be able to pick up all channels or at least a majority of them.

My issue is that I can't pick up anything except TVS and SBS HD (2-3 of them) but no 7, 9, 11 etc.

The antennas pick up TVS/SBS pretty fast, I had a look at some other earlier threads and found that smaller antennas pick up UHF(i think?) signals easier and you need larger ones to pick up the others.. I cant pick anything except TVS/SBS even when I'm stationary on the road in front of my house..

The thing is, majority (probably 90% as an estimate) of people who use the same system get all channels and they are in Sydney, Melbourne, Adel and Brisbane.. my house has no issues with reception in the area.

I've placed one on the right side rear windscreen and one on the left side passenger side front windscreen..

I really dont know what to do as and its really frustrating as I'm not sure what options I have. I have measured the voltage at the connectors for the antennas and they are indeed powered with 12-13.7V but sitll not able to pick up a signal.

Does anyone have any ideas at all or suggestions on who I can get to look at it??

Here are the antennas for reference, they are the exact same ones as pictured:
Posted Image

Edited by keioffice, 10 January 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Scorchie™

Scorchie™

Scorchie

• Admin
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Please refer to: http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=97147

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reception, dtv, mobile, car