• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Firmware Release:

Latest Official Release Version

Release date: December 21, 2011.
Category: Latest Official Release

Main Version: BDP83-58-1215

Downloads and installs in about 3 minutes via LAN. Requires a re-boot.

1: Resolved the disc loading issue reported on several recently released DVD movies. These DVD discs come with their Blu-ray package and sample titles include "True Grit", "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon" and "Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides". The reason for this issue is related to the new anti-copy strategy implemented on these DVDs which keeps BDP-83 searching for non-existing contents. This problem has been solved.
2: Other general disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming releases. Sample titles included "Rory Gallagher: Live in Montreaux (DVD)", "Avatar" (Blu-ray included in the Panasonic 3D Kit Bundle), "OTAKU (DVD)", "Fantasia 2000 (BD, European version)", "Alban Berg Quartet: Beethoven String Quartets, Vol. 1 (DVD-A)" and "Live! (DVD, 2007)".

All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

Edited by Agelessgoodguy, 30 December 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#2 Mjr69

Mjr69

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Since downloading the new firmware I noticed late last night I now have access to playing YouTube videos with a new search engine - the previous interface was very limited and primitive before. I assumed that the YouTube button was for the USA market and so I haven't been in that area for a while. Can anyone confirm this? or have I found an existing feature?

#3 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,371 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Ross may I suggest you PM the mods and ask for this to be moved over to the Blu-ray thread where it's probably more likely to be noticed and more relevant..........

#4 agelessgoodguy

agelessgoodguy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for tip Neill, will do.

#5 groovem

groovem

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

JFYI if you have the previous beta firmware installed, there is no change. My machine said I had the latest firmware when I checked, and I had installed the previous beta.

#6 Mjr69

Mjr69

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Since downloading the new firmware I noticed late last night I now have access to playing YouTube videos with a new search engine - the previous interface was very limited and primitive before. I assumed that the YouTube button was for the USA market and so I haven't been in that area for a while. Can anyone confirm this? or have I found an existing feature?

Doh! I read the topic as BDP-93 not 83... No wonder nobody responded to my question...

#7 agelessgoodguy

agelessgoodguy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Doh! I read the topic as BDP-93 not 83... No wonder nobody responded to my question...

Well I guess 9 does come after 8, so no problems with your maths at least Mrj69

#8 BoneMan

BoneMan

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Sorry wrong thread

Edited by BoneMan, 09 March 2012 - 10:36 AM.