• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 bassett

bassett

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Not sure what there is to say. As with the other bust it all seems written to try big note a pretty minor event - Might as
well have been the Australian arm of the local swap meet global network of fake asian DVDs.
Regards Peter Gillespie

Your quite correct Pater, Most of these things are over-blown hype, at the end of the day.

The guy's probably selling of a free service like this http://www.myeasytv.com/.
and there are quite a few others just Google "TV via Internet" The down side is, you will need
a fast connection and bags of download

#27 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,060 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Not sure what there is to say. As with the other bust it all seems written to try big note a pretty minor event - Might as well have been the Australian arm of the local swap meet global network of fake asian DVDs.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I thought $70 mil. a year with 150 000 customers seemed substantial...

:)

JSmith :ninja:

Edited by jsmith, 07 February 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#28 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,732 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

I thought $70 mil. a year with 150 000 customers seemed substantial...

So did I until I realised that that was the world wide membership. All the police have managed to bust is a couple of local grifters who probably have a few 100 'customers'.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#29 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,060 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

So did I until I realised that that was the world wide membership. All the police have managed to bust is a couple of local grifters who probably have a few 100 'customers'.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Ah right, bloody media hype... :pinch:

JSmith :ninja:

#30 heyhey

heyhey

AV Forum Member

• 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (bassett @ Dec 16 2011, 11:24 AM)
Foxy are still using a paralleled NDS Irdeto 2 service. The digital campaign ploy was only an attempt at
highlighting there service and increasing the fees. The pay satellite service have always been digital since day one.

I'd be surprised if Foxtel still has irdeto ECMs etc floating around of its own generation. Its been some time since I've paid any attention but I can't see any reason why Foxtel would keep simulcrypting with irdeto (ie, paying for it) given how long its been since Foxtel took up with NDS. Of course, irdeto is still there, for Austar. If davmel ever makes an appearance I'm sure things will be clarified. That or I'll dig out ye-olde style DVB-s card and have a look. style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

My friends cable dreambox only stopped a couple of months ago and it was irdeto. I would say these ecms were there until then.