• Please log in to reply
1491 replies to this topic

#701 munners

munners

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hi Munners , what exactly do you mean by not holding it " flush" ?

By that i mean i could not get the old bracket to hold my new Projector straight,it was to loose which caused it to project to high,which after using the lens shift to correct it,,,,,,,,,,caused focus problems when viewing text on web pages.

Edited by munners, 04 April 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#702 Htpc-online

Htpc-online

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Glad that worked for you. I'm very pleased I got warned off by guys on here from the original mount I bought. I too think its critical if using a mount to get aligned in 3 axis. I'm a fussy bugger in this matter perhaps. But the epson is a big projector to in size and weight and why any opportunity get suggest people get the peerless precision gear mount. At hundred bucks it costs no more than most of the cheapy crappy mounts. And instead with the precision adjustment alignment is simple and easy to quickly get perfect :)

What is the best mount for the Epson 9000w ?

#703 ken s

ken s

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

By that i mean i could not get the old bracket to hold my new Projector straight,it was to loose which caused it to project to high,which after using the lens shift to correct it,,,,,,,,,,caused focus problems when viewing text on web pages.

Ok , so it (pj) was tilting up at the front, pointing towards the cornice above the screen roughly ? how far down from the ceiling is the new mount? and where is the pj in relation to the screen now? ( sorry about all the questions :) )

#704 :)

:)

AV Forums Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

posted earlier in this thread what I am using, if have a look towards the start of the thread will also see pictures have posted showing attached to the epson

have had a few ask as to what mount am using for my 9000,

I use the wall mount version of the peerless precision gear mount here,
http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B000TXNS6G

and this would be most suitable for a ceiling mount where want to setup pretty close to the ceiling.

with mine wall mounted I use this version here which can work as either flush ceiling/extended ceiling or wall mount.
http://www.bhphotovi...iling_Wall.html

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001GENEWK

for the money $100 or so plus shipping and given the fine adjustment it allows for setup, I really do think it is pretty hard to beat !

ps these mounts come in black, white or silver so all bases covered style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

in my opinion doesnt matter whether the projector is epson or one of the other big projector eg jvcs or benq for projectors this sort of bulk a decent mount is required. the peerless is a pretty damn good one for the money.

#705 munners

munners

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ok , so it (pj) was tilting up at the front, pointing towards the cornice above the screen roughly ? how far down from the ceiling is the new mount? and where is the pj in relation to the screen now? ( sorry about all the questions :) )

New mount is about 25cm and the top of of screen is about 35 cm from ceiling,so i guess the bottom of my pj is level with the top of my screen,which may not be correct spec,but works for me.

#706 Serentity

Serentity

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I have the same mount as AL (Peerless) Cant complain. I bought it after reading Al post about his.

#707 cwt

cwt

AV Forums Member

• 5,509 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Found another one to consider for close to the ceiling ; though Als is obviously very well engineered with fine adjustment :) Ulterior motive to an extent though as Matt gave great service with the 9000 gb :thumbsup:

http://www.thecablec...alian-made.html

#708 Owen

Owen

AV Forums Member

• 11,847 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Using lens shift should not cause non uniform focus problems, no point in providing such a feature if thats the result.

A sturdy fully adjustable projector mount can be constructed from 3 lengths of brooker rode attached to the ceiling, some nuts and washers, and a suitable sized sheet of MDF cut to size and painted an appropriate colour.

Edited by Owen, 04 April 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#709 :)

AV Forums Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

just clocked over the 200 hours mark. the 9000 is still turning in a lovely performance :D

have seen some just fantastic movies in the last few months, and watching it with the 9000 only making them all the more enjoyable.

will see if get a chance to check light levels this weekend. theres no visible drop off in light output so far. But keen to measure to see just how much measurable drop off so far. might also give some inkling to rate of drop off typical to this lamp / pj :)

hows everyone else going in hours clocked up ?

#710 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forums Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Barely 100 hours for me Al. This has got more use than my previous HW10 Sony for the same time period. I recall it took nearly 18 months to clock the same on the ex Sony.

Will watch a movie tonight. PS Saw the new musketeers movie in 2D and looked superb.

Edited by MRCRIST, 08 April 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#711 :)

AV Forums Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

did a quick check crist on light output, less than a couple of fc drop off at 200 hours so just under 10%. as mentioned not visibly lower output at this point :)

thought post a few screen shots from couple of more movies,

this one from Drive,
IMG_3794.jpg

and also these from tree of life which is a lovely photgraphed movie.

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

#712 cwt

cwt

AV Forums Member

• 5,509 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Barely 100 hours for me Al. This has got more use than my previous HW10 Sony for the same time period. I recall it took nearly 18 months to clock the same on the ex Sony.

Will watch a movie tonight. PS Saw the new musketeers movie in 2D and looked superb.

Thats still good going Crist ; thinking they may have reset your lamp hours with the new light engine ? Mines 110hrs ; maybe a 100 % increase to the vp50 over an equivalent period. Watched some 2d green lantern tonight [came free with the jb b2g1f ] ;great pop and colour gamut -_-

did a quick check crist on light output, less than a couple of fc drop off at 200 hours so just under 10%

Good to see the fl hold up so well Al considering the differing lumens for 2d and 3d .. I think Ive watched more 3d than 2d which is a shock to the system :hyper:

#713 bbar

bbar

AV Forums Member

• 6,893 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

just clocked over the 200 hours mark. the 9000 is still turning in a lovely performance :D

have seen some just fantastic movies in the last few months, and watching it with the 9000 only making them all the more enjoyable.

will see if get a chance to check light levels this weekend. theres no visible drop off in light output so far. But keen to measure to see just how much measurable drop off so far. might also give some inkling to rate of drop off typical to this lamp / pj :)

hows everyone else going in hours clocked up ?

10% is excellent. JVC I have dropped 20% in 200 hours and I think 35% after 500 hours

#714 HDobsession

HDobsession

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Found another one to consider for close to the ceiling ; though Als is obviously very well engineered with fine adjustment :) Ulterior motive to an extent though as Matt gave great service with the 9000 gb :thumbsup:

http://www.thecablec...alian-made.html

Yes I bought this mount from Matt.Easy to install, great, stable and looks good too!

#715 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forums Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thats still good going Crist ; thinking they may have reset your lamp hours with the new light engine ?

Yes the lamp hours were around low 80 hours when I took it in. The Tech told me he had an issue trying to reinstate it on the new optical engine. Since I got it back it has done 15 hours so need to do some adding up :).

Edited by MRCRIST, 09 April 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#716 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forums Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

did a quick check crist on light output, less than a couple of fc drop off at 200 hours so just under 10%. as mentioned not visibly lower output at this point :)

thought post a few screen shots from couple of more movies,

this one from Drive,

and also these from tree of life which is a lovely photgraphed movie.

That's pleasing to read Al. Saw Source Code last night a great flick and looked fabulous as usual.

Need to post some pics next time.

#717 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forums Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

10% is excellent. JVC I have dropped 20% in 200 hours and I think 35% after 500 hours

Is a drop of that magnitude noticable or do our brains adjust for it?

#718 :)

AV Forums Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

will keep tabs bbar, yeah its really not noticeable in drop off so far. will be interesting to see at what point it noticeably dims. still only on the lowest lamp setting as well, so plenty up its sleeve. And I love the light output of this pj has the pop of DLPs so wont hesitate to change bulbs if starts loosing that. bulbs are only $200 odd and relatively easy to swap over so no major headache if something need to do :)

#719 Owen

Owen

AV Forums Member

• 11,847 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I have about 550 hours on my JVC and with lamp on low power and iris closed half way its still bright enough for me on a 100" screen with a gain of 1. If I need more light I can open the iris and or use high lamp power.

Light drop off is gradual and very difficult to notice until its quite extreme.

#720 eazymann

eazymann

AV Forums Member

• 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Anyone else manage to get a hold of that elusive firmware update yet?

#721 ken s

ken s

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

l think Matt is going to let those in the GB know when he gets it organised

#722 bbar

bbar

AV Forums Member

• 6,893 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

the short answer is - It depends.

With the JVC I keep the Iris adjusted so brightness is at 14FL +-1 FL.

With 20% drop mine would be down to 10-11FL which I can notice in a flash.

If one is running at 30FL and drops to 24FL then suspect it would be harder to tell difference.

#723 eazymann

eazymann

AV Forums Member

• 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

l think Matt is going to let those in the GB know when he gets it organized

That would be great.

It seems that someone has provided some people on the AVSForums with a particular link where you would get the necessary downloads. I think Epson should officially release some info because if people start sharing this stuff it might just create more issues for them.

Edited by eazymann, 10 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#724 cwt

cwt

AV Forums Member

• 5,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

l think Matt is going to let those in the GB know when he gets it organised

Did you hear anything along these lines vvv ken ? Was going to ring back in a few days when Matt was there ;)

http://www.avsforum....94#post21858694

#725 ken s

ken s

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

l have'nt talked to Matt for a awhile either ( probably 3-4 weeks) , he was still talking to Epson then so l thought l'd just wait and see if others had heard anything before l rang him again.

He was hoping we'd be able to share some sort of software fix rather than have to bring the PJ's back to base etc