Photo

Oz Theatre 16:9 120" Majestic Evo Screen........

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,935 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hi guys I recenttly took delivery of one of Richard's screens and thought I would post a few comments here in relation to the process:

From order to delivery: Richard shipped via TNT on a Wednesday and the screen arrived safe and sound on the Friday in Melbourne just after lunch.....

Packaging: This was the first thing that impressed me, the box is clearly marked with Oz Theatre livery and presents very well.......

Internal packaging: Even more impressive, everything neatly packed and easy to access........

Assembly: Now the fun begins, instructions previously emailed by Richard to me are easy to follow, but I do need to say this is a two person exercise once you get to applying the screen to the frame, up to that point easy for one......

Finished product: Always think there's a bit of reward in setting things up and once the screen was mounted (in our case 2 of 4 lugs on wall anchors) I kept going back to look at my brand new screen on the wall........

The viewing experience: As is my want demo movies are TDK, Star Trek 2009 and CR, looked great from the start and as I've been projecting onto a wall for sometime always new I would start to notice a few differences and not long into Star Trek noted the green blood on the lip of the young Spock and had not seen that before......

Had the GTG on Saturday and some pretty positive comments on the PQ on my PJ (BenQ W6000) on Tranny III and then when we demoed the Pana 7000 and Epson 9000 with the same movie ......

Summary: Much more to watch and enjoy and will do but certainly if you are looking for a screen with first class customer service and quality then look no further than Richard , I have for a long time wanted to go through exactly that process and have no hesitation in saying that we are extremely lucky to have members like this on our doorstep at DTV.......

will post some more thoughts and pics along the way but some already here......... B)

#2 SDL

SDL

AV Forums Member

• 10,650 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Thanks yorac.

Just out of interest, and perhaps for others, what sort of system is used for connecting the screen to the frame? I have seen a few types, and some work IMO a lot better than others. Just interested (I know I could probably check the website :)), and while I never would have thought of it previously, when I did get my screen, the ease I could connect the screen and frame together was fantastic, while I have heard of others trying to stretch screens out and do all sorts of machinations. Sounds like Richard's are a lot easier?

#3 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,935 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Thanks yorac.

Just out of interest, and perhaps for others, what sort of system is used for connecting the screen to the frame? I have seen a few types, and some work IMO a lot better than others. Just interested (I know I could probably check the website :)), and while I never would have thought of it previously, when I did get my screen, the ease I could connect the screen and frame together was fantastic, while I have heard of others trying to stretch screens out and do all sorts of machinations. Sounds like Richard's are a lot easier?

Cheers mate, you are basically required to lay the material over the screen and apply 4 short screen grips to hold the screen in place while you then go around the screen with longer lengths of screen grips to fix the screen to the frame, it is fairly easy but definitely a 2 person job for mine......

it's the fourth screen I've assembled and pretty much the easiest imho............ B)

#4 t0n13

t0n13

AV Forums Member

• 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

Nice review, thanks