Photo

Can I Move A Foxtel Box From Vic To Qld.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasAJ

ThomasAJ

AV Forums Member

• 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Had Austar installed a few months back in QLD and the box is a joke (latest HD thing) and so is the programming compared to what I am used to thru FOXTEL.

I have a house in VIC and thought I might get FOXTEL (cheapest package) installed there and then bring it to QLD to see if it works here.

I am not on a contract with AUSTAR so can give them the flick.

So...has anyone actually *done* a similar thing? Not theory please. I have tracked down a post that says it should work but has anyone actually done it?

Thanks

#2 mtv

mtv

AV Forums Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Had Austar installed a few months back in QLD and the box is a joke (latest HD thing) and so is the programming compared to what I am used to thru FOXTEL.

I have a house in VIC and thought I might get FOXTEL (cheapest package) installed there and then bring it to QLD to see if it works here.

I am not on a contract with AUSTAR so can give them the flick.

So...has anyone actually *done* a similar thing? Not theory please. I have tracked down a post that says it should work but has anyone actually done it?

Thanks

This is a very common practice.

It's against the terms and conditions, but it certainly works.... providing you are talking about Foxtel via satellite, not cable.

Foxtel (and Austar) satellite can be received anywhere in Australia... you can take the sat box camping/caravaning.. lots of people do it.

The only issue is the FTA channels available on Foxtel satellite will be those from Melbourne, if your Foxtel box is registered to a Melbourne address.

The same with time zone/EPG etc.. it will be on Victorian time.

Whatever the (sat) box receives in Melbourne, will be received anywhere in Australia.

#3 ThomasAJ

ThomasAJ

AV Forums Member

• 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

Thanks MTV.

Indeed theory is great, but reality is the boss!