Bluray 3d Movie

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#51 blairy

blairy

DTV Forums Member

• 1,846 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thor in 3D is another one I've wasted my money on.

Blairy :-)

#52 cwt

cwt

DTV Forums Member

• 5,494 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Thor in 3D is another one I've wasted my money on.

Blairy :-)

Its ridiculous the bad ones are the same price as the good ones like captain america :logik: If hidef digest passes it its hard to go wrong touchwood .. Gone back to comparing amazon us and uk now that free delivery has finished at uk :no: drive angry 3d is almost three times the price @ jb last I looked. :pirate:

http://www.amazon.co...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

#53 mrol

mrol

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I have found the local Civic Video Tuesday special of $1 per movie the best way to watch 3d Bluray without feeling ripped off.
Now I just need to buy those reference/demo 3d disks when there is a decent special or Amazon UK bring back free shipping.

#54 kopthat

kopthat

DTV Forums Member

• 1,127 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

I ordered the IMAX space station and hubble from amazon for about $23 delivered each
thanks for the heads up.

Will be a good pre cursor to Newt's moon base, and here was me thinking that the US had the arse out of their economic pants.

#55 :)

:)

DTV Forums Guru

• 31,392 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

have only seen avatar in the movies last. and in 3D at home on the epson pj it is definitely a better experience than in the movie theatre :)

even though not the biggest fan of the movie itself avatar in 3D is a splendid display of what can do in 3D. its clean clear, with lovely detail and vibrant rich colours and pictures.

if considering 3D in the home I would have to say this is the best have seen !

#56 SDL

SDL

DTV Forums Master

• 10,650 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Avatar cops a lot of flack, some of it warranted. But agree al that one thing it was/is, was a damn fine looking movie and really I think 3D of this sort is good. I am not a fan of 3D but for something like Avatar with its really clean clear picture in 3D it works. Just wish they would make one or two of these every so often and not try to force everything into 3D when it isn't warranted.

heard the description of Star Wars I in 3D that it looks like you are watching the movie through an old worn sock. :)

Edited by SDL, 13 February 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#57 kopthat

kopthat

DTV Forums Member

• 1,127 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Maybe George needed money to buy some new socks ?

#58 blairy

blairy

DTV Forums Member

• 1,846 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Its ridiculous the bad ones are the same price as the good ones like captain america :logik: If hidef digest passes it its hard to go wrong touchwood .. Gone back to comparing amazon us and uk now that free delivery has finished at uk :no: drive angry 3d is almost three times the price @ jb last I looked. :pirate:

http://www.amazon.co...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Captain America is muh much better than Thor. Although 3D was done in post production it's probably worth a look (but not at JB HiFi ridiculous prices).

blairy

#59 cwt

cwt

DTV Forums Member

• 5,494 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Captain America is muh much better than Thor. Although 3D was done in post production it's probably worth a look (but not at JB HiFi ridiculous prices).

blairy

Its on its way ;was 15pd after vat was taken off ; $22 aus + a few bucks postage with a few others . Sanity and mighty ape arent much chop either :no:

#60 blairy

blairy

DTV Forums Member

• 1,846 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I ordered the IMAX space station and hubble from amazon for about $23 delivered each
thanks for the heads up.

Will be a good pre cursor to Newt's moon base, and here was me thinking that the US had the arse out of their economic pants.

I just looked and it's USD51.99.

bumma

Is this available in Australia yet? Looking to pick one up quickly as a gift

blairy

Edited by blairy, 18 February 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#61 kopthat

kopthat

DTV Forums Member

• 1,127 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

There are two versions of IMAX Hubble one has two disc Blu 3D $33 now, and the other is combo Blu 3D, Blu ray, DVD and digital copy for $59.99.

I ordered the 2 disc blu for $23 USD and they sent me the other one.

I haven't watched Hubble yet but the space station one was really good, almost felt like you were there, and at $19.99 it is a steal

Also picked up Midnight in Paris which we enjoyed, best thing Woody Allen has done in a while

Edited by kopthat, 21 February 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#62 709er

709er

DTV Forums Member

• 3,466 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I haven't watched Hubble yet but the space station one was really good, almost felt like you were there, and at $19.99 it is a steal

Also picked up Midnight in Paris which we enjoyed, best thing Woody Allen has done in a while

Totally agree on both counts.
Midnight in Paris really reminded me of The Purple Rose Of Cairo which was my first Woody Allen experience...and the reason I will always "give his films a go" :)

My latest 3D purchases include Transformers which we watched on the weekend - (awesome to look at, but still 50mins too long).
Today - Up and both the Kung Fu Pandas arrived, so I am looking forward to watching them with my youngest boy (15 YO), who still loves the magic of the (G/PG) movies - as do I!

#63 :)

DTV Forums Guru

• 31,392 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

looking froward to midnight in paris. its not 3D though is it ? 3 musketeers got some good feedback in the epson thread. sounds like one to check out :)

http://www.avsforum....d.php?t=1395575

havent read the review, but looks like hugo in 3D scores really well :)

#64 :)

DTV Forums Guru

• 31,392 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

some good feedback below from the epson thread of both Tintin 3D and Hugo 3D, 2 movies am very much keen to grab hold of myself :)

Just watched the new tintin movie in 3d on the tw9000 brilliant! (disc from u.s. mate) . The motor bike chase scenes are very cool. The best 3d I have seen so far. Tron legacy is also very good.

Hi All,

Just finished watching Hugo on 3D Blu-ray - it's the best yet and has surpassed my previous 3D favourite of Pirates of the Carribean 4. It truly is reference material. My advice is to grab it as soon as you can. I still can't believe that just 10 years ago I was watching a 21" TV and now I'm able to sit at home and watch movies with picture quality this good and in 3D! I love it.

Phil

#65 everunman

everunman

DTV Forums Member

• 874 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

See the Imax born to be wild will be released end of April, looking forward to reports

#66 kopthat

kopthat

DTV Forums Member

• 1,127 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Watched IMAX Hubble 3D on the weekend and all I can say is WOW!

The shots where they are doing the EVA repairing the telescope, had so much depth and clarity,
and even though the images from Hubble were manipulated for 3D it was a great ride through the universe,
and I must say that space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is.
I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Looking forward to Hugo and Tin Tin, those reviews look good Al

#67 cwt

cwt

DTV Forums Member

• 5,494 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

This site is a good pointer to bluray 3d quality referring to cinema tickets ; knocked a few of my list :pinch:
and set a few more in the must have category :hug:
http://www.cinemable...3d or not to 3d

#68 Katsu

Katsu

DTV Forums Member

• 517 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hi All,
If any of you are after IMAX Hubble in 3D. This is by far the cheapest I've seen for a while... I bought one myself.

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_4041wt_907

He also has the IMAX Space Station 3D as well.

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_3998wt_907

Good luck guys.

Edited by Katsu, 29 February 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#69 MLXXX

MLXXX

DTV Forums Member

• 5,251 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I comment on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 [3D] at http://www.dtvforum....dpost&p=1785524

Edited by MLXXX, 11 March 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#70 crtlover

crtlover

DTV Forums Member

• 593 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Went to see Hugo in 3D at the cinema in George St Sydney last week.

3D effects were good - but the movie itself I found quite strange.

Can't say I'd recommend it as a 'must see'

#71 Bosch

Bosch

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

looking froward to midnight in paris. its not 3D though is it ?

It was 2D in cinemas, but on Blu-ray there is a limited lenticular 3D edition approved by Woody Allen. The 3D effect only works if you see the movie from specific viewing angles. Hence It hasn't been a popular title for people throwing parties or for large families.

#72 MLXXX

MLXXX

DTV Forums Member

• 5,251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

I thought I'd share a favourable viewing experience.

Have now had the opportunity to watch STREETDANCE 3D (2010) on Blu-ray. A young vibrant cast. Street dancers, battling the odds, team up with clasical ballet students. A simple story, enough to showcase the dancing (mostly Street). A feel good movie. Excellent 3D throughout. Excellent surround sound. Recommended.

A wide range of reviews can be found at http://www.rottentom...streetdance_3d/

For those who order from Amazon UK, here is a link to the 3D Blu-ray: http://www.amazon.co...31391652&sr=1-7

#73 cwt

cwt

DTV Forums Member

• 5,494 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Good to see the 3d is good MLXXX :) It must be a post processed one as it has been on tv ;the plot points are too familiar . Great break dancing well suited to 3d .

#74 MLXXX

MLXXX

DTV Forums Member

• 5,251 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Good to see the 3d is good MLXXX :) It must be a post processed one as it has been on tv ;the plot points are too familiar . Great break dancing well suited to 3d .

This particular movie, released in 2010, was filmed in 3D. It isn't a post-processed simulation of 3D. So when rain is falling you can momentarily glimpse the depth location of individual drops! That would be a nightmare if you tried to achieve it with post-processing from 2D footage!

For a listing of genuine vs post-production ("fake") movies, see http://realorfake3d.com/

There are hidden comments on that webpage. They will lead you to this about StreetDance 3D (2010):

It’s the debut feature by Max Giwa and Dania Pasquini – award-winning directors of videos for Craig David, So Solid Crew, Busted, Roll Deep, Alesha Dixon and numerous other UK pop and urban acts – and the result of British movie company Vertigo Films’s alliance with American 3D production experts Paradise FX to make budget-conscious features in 3D outside of Hollywood. It was made using Paradise Fx’s Tri Delta camera systems – with Paradise’s CTO Max Penner as the stereographer.

Source: http://www.promonews...-release-today/

Here's a PFX3D webpage: http://www.paradisef...camera-systems/ That crowd know what they're doing when it comes to 3D!

Edited by MLXXX, 11 March 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#75 :)

DTV Forums Guru

• 31,392 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

sounds like a good movie worth a watch. will keep an eye out :)