Hopefully I'm not too late PM sent

Thanks

Mike

#402 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,519 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Will answer PM's this evening...........

have confirmed comes with two sets of glasses and an emitter..................

no one will miss that wants one...........

#403 matthewa

matthewa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Yorac, so far very painless, purchased this morning over the phone and on my way to pick up now.

Thanks to all for giving me the push, I know I should have gone additioning to check all and sundry out, but I just don't have time, The GB price, the professional company to deal with & the 3.5 year warranty were enough for me to jump in and get wet

#404 matthewa

matthewa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Yorac, so far very painless, purchased this morning over the phone and on my way to pick up now.

Thanks to all for giving me the push, I know I should have gone additioning to check all and sundry out, but I just don't have time, The GB price, the professional company to deal with & the 3.5 year warranty were enough for me to jump in and get wet

This has got to be the easiest GB of all time, no waiting for the product to appear, helpful staff & have it in my hands the day after it kicked off.

Look forward to seeing what all the other happy owners out there have been talking about.

Also managed to duck into jb before closing, got there last toshiba 3d player for $100 and they had the option of up to 30 blurays at 50% off so grabbed a few blurays to give it a work out, stayed clear of the $50 odd dollar 3d titles even though it would have come down to mid 20's I have spent enough today :)

#405 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

congrats ! yep thats how easy needs to be :)

welcome to club epson. looking forward to you joining the owners thread. nice pickups in tosh 3d and blu-rays !

#406 matthewa

matthewa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

congrats ! yep thats how easy needs to be :)

welcome to club epson. looking forward to you joining the owners thread. nice pickups in tosh 3d and blu-rays !

Thanks will do, not seeing one in the flesh, it is bigger than I was expecting, overall nice bit of kit. No way I can have it sitting down on the ground so I need to get a ceiling mount tomorrow and sort out a screen, looking at going 92" like yourself. If you don't mind me asking, what type of screen are you using?

#407 davemorg

davemorg

AV Forum Member

• 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

Cant wait picking up thursday afternoon

#408 Magicland

Magicland

AV Forum Member

• 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

So can anyone tell me pls if this new batch of projectors have the latest 104 firmware already installed? Thanks.

#409 matthewa

matthewa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

So can anyone tell me pls if this new batch of projectors have the latest 104 firmware already installed? Thanks.

They have the latest oz firmware, Epson Australia hasn't committed to releasing the 104 firmware here yet, I hope they do or at least agree to support enthusiasts that can upgrade themselves (not likely I suppose)

#410 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,519 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

This has got to be the easiest GB of all time, no waiting for the product to appear, helpful staff & have it in my hands the day after it kicked off.

thanks mate, we aim to please by keeping it as simple as we can..................

#411 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forum Member

• 3,817 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Congratulations on another successful GB Yorac :)

OT. I noticed @ the Maribyrnong JB Hi-Fi last night they had 50% off BD's if you purchase a BD Player. That's not a bad deal.

Blade

#412 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I've got one put aside for me for when I get back into town on tuesday morning. Lemme tell you I'll be picking that sucker up on the way home from the airport. Thanks, yorac. Your timing (and pricing) couldn't have possibly been better.

#413 davemorg

davemorg

AV Forum Member

• 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Much appreciated Yorac, one very happy customer. Look forward to future group buys.

#414 chrisso1671

chrisso1671

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Will answer PM's this evening...........

have confirmed comes with two sets of glasses and an emitter..................

no one will miss that wants one...........

Hey yorac is this gb still going as i am interested in the 9000 ( at the right price of coarse) cheers

#415 Magicland

Magicland

AV Forum Member

• 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Spoke to Matt at TCC today. What a great guy! Very helpful and friendly. Will organise pickup early next week. Very excited!!

This gb was a very painless experience.

Thanks so much yorac!!

Edited by Magicland, 18 May 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#416 Spearmint

Spearmint

AV Forum Member

• 4,265 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'd like to add my thanks to Yorac and Matt for making this purchase simple and straightforward. :thumbsup:

#417 bbar

bbar

AV Forum Member

• 6,901 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'd like to add my thanks to Yorac and Matt for making this purchase simple and straightforward. :thumbsup:

Congrats, you will not be disappointed!

#418 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Grabbed mine today. Too easy! Pretty darn good performance outta the box, too.

Thank you generous hosts!

Now to figure out how to tweak this thing...

#419 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Grabbed mine today. Too easy! Pretty darn good performance outta the box, too.

Thank you generous hosts!

Now to figure out how to tweak this thing...

congrats ! check in the owners thread. if not done already first thing to do make sure on thx and eco fan/power mode :)

#420 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thanks! Will do, :) !

#421 chuna

chuna

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just checking if this GB is still available?

#422 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,519 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Just checking if this GB is still available?

yes, details are available via PM................

#423 makokg

makokg

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Im interested in GB Yorac. Can anyone comment on the difference in reality between the TW 6000 and Tw9000 performance e.g contrast difference. Trying to justify the price difference when on tight budget.

#424 Quark

Quark

AV Forum Member

• 3,649 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Im interested in GB Yorac. Can anyone comment on the difference in reality between the TW 6000 and Tw9000 performance e.g contrast difference. Trying to justify the price difference when on tight budget.

You'll need to go here and get your post count up to 5 so you can send/receive PMs.

The TW6000 doesn't have lens shift (i.e. you have to mount it with extreme accuracy or use keystone, which is an abomination) - that's more than enough reason to go with the TW9000.

#425 Swaami

Swaami

AV Forum Member

• 54 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

From memory The TW6000 has a contrast of 40,000:1 wheras the TW9000 has a contrast of 200,000:1. I can't comment on the difference between those two models directly, however I went from a TW1000 (12,000:1) to a TW 5500 (200,000:1) and the difference was very noticable. The picture looked very crisp and sharp and most noticable was that any black border around the image (eg letterbox or 4:3 bars) virtually blended into the black of the room as opposed to a slight greyish with the TW 1000. There may be other factors involved with these differences but I feel the very black borders & increased detail in dark scenes is very much helped by the higher contrast. I wouldn't want to go back down a step after getting used to the higher spec model.
Also, as Quark pointed out, Lens shift is highly recommended.