4 replies to this topic

#1 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hi Southern Tasmanian TV Watchers,
The Geeveston TV tower has now been upgraded to around twice the height of the old one and should be giving better signals to a lot of areas as well as
a better feed to the Cygnet tower.

The Dover tower has been raised up for sometime giving better Digital signals to Dover and South Dover from the one transmission tower.

Tazzy.

#2 clipper

clipper

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

The Geeveston TV tower has now been upgraded to around twice the height of the old one.
The Dover tower has been raised up for sometime giving better Digital signals to Dover and South Dover from the one transmission tower.

Figured Doodys Hill was being worked on as someone called me to say 'no reception every arvo 2-4pm'.

Now with the extra coverage I wonder if there's a spot somewhere that both Dover and Geeveston cause an SFN type overlap mash? ( Both translators have the same ch plan and polarity)

cliff

Edited by clipper, 21 November 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#3 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Figured Doodys Hill was being worked on as someone called me to say 'no reception every arvo 2-4pm'.

Now with the extra coverage I wonder if there's a spot somewhere that both Dover and Geeveston cause an SFN type overlap mash? ( Both translators have the same ch plan and polarity)

cliff

No doubt it's possible on a hill somewhere. It will be interesting to see what happens when Herringback goes Digital. I presume the channels will be grouped
for the restacking blocks.Maybe Alanh can look into his Crystal Ball 'putor and see if the channels for the Neika/Lower Longley transmitter have been
allocated yet ?
Tazzy

#4 clipper

clipper

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

It will be interesting to see what happens when Herringback goes Digital.

AFAIK, it's a self-help site run by the fire service and will not be upgraded.....but we'll wait and see. Conversion would help out a lot of folk either side of the highway, Nieka-Longley, parts of Leslie Vale and Aliens Rivulet, top end of Crabtree.

#5 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

AFAIK, it's a self-help site run by the fire service and will not be upgraded.....but we'll wait and see. Conversion would help out a lot of folk either side of the highway, Nieka-Longley, parts of Leslie Vale and Aliens Rivulet, top end of Crabtree.

Kingborough Council holds it's hand up for the paper warfare for the Nieka/ Leslievale Translater. It is on a Fire Service site among others, Phone etc.
It is on a Broadcasters 'Candidates for Conversion to Digital' site list and an ACMA list to be converted that is buried in the ACMA web site somewhere,it's
not quick to find, I saw it a while back but haven't seen or heard anything that says it wont be converted to Digital.
There must be a few hundred households in the Lucaston, Mountain River, Crabtree, Pelverata and Neika areas that have crap Digital Tv Signals from Mt Wellington
and have line of sight to Herringback.
I guess by the end of next year it will happen if it's going to.
Tazzy