#26 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,674 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

kendenupian,
Thanks for the date

SDW12, SSW6, WOW8

Have you heard when the SBS UHF transmitter will be replaced with a band 3 transmitter? I assume it will use channel 7 after ABAW7 analog transmitter in Albany is switched off at the end of 2013.

Do you expect any problems with Wagin's SSW6 and ABW8 both analog horizontal? (120 kW each directional)

Do you know when ABAW8 digital will move up to channel 40 or 43?

The dates which are unknown, are the more powerful transmitters at Wagin, Geraldton, the extra pair needed at Mawson

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by alanh, 12 December 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#27 kendenupian

kendenupian

AV Forum Member

• 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

I don't have many details for the changes planned. Just the obvious SBS vhf change after the digit shutoff.
A large band 3 antenna refurbishment is happening soon to cater for the high input power.
The biggest day for me will be when the AFL will be on a digital stream..
Some reports show the Albany signal is covering a reasonable area.
Some locations on the west of the Porongurups receiving a fair signal.

#28 Muttley

Muttley

AV Forum Member

• 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

GWN et. al. have disappeared here in Albany today. Don't know what they have done but it's been no picture or sound all arvo at least.

#29 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Except my TCL TV is not showing a picture on Gem and Go but the other Teli's are :-/

Hi Muttley,
First let me say, I am NOT a great Fan of the brand you mentioned. But in its defense I must have to suggest that your unique problem could be caused by signal strength issues (as you have mentioned having more than ONE TV outlet-point).

Have you tried to Swap TVíS to see if the other Tvís React the same, off the same wall point??? The INPUT Tolerance levels in different tuner modules within the different TV Brands can vary.

But at the end of the day itís ALL to do with picture Quality on the SCREEN, and the Brand you mentioned would BEST be suited for a TAB situation, where they Display the TELETEXT Only. HA! HA!

Cheerís

Baja

#30 Gray Connolly

Gray Connolly

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

can anyone tell me if esperance is still scheduled for the 24th Feb??

#31 Guest_stump_1100_*

Guest_stump_1100_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'll check the schedule at work tomorrow.

#32 Gray Connolly

Gray Connolly

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

thanks mate

#33 Guest_stump_1100_*

Guest_stump_1100_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

The on-air date I have for Esperance is 24 April 2012.

#34 Harves

Harves

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Well reported in the local newspaper a few weeks ago, apparently Geraldton was supposed to get 'some' (GWN,7TWO,GO?) of the digital channels on the 17th of Feb. Re-scanned and as i thought no new channels............But that don't supprise me.

Harves

#35 Guest_stump_1100_*

Guest_stump_1100_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well reported in the local newspaper a few weeks ago, apparently Geraldton was supposed to get 'some' (GWN,7TWO,GO?) of the digital channels on the 17th of Feb. Re-scanned and as i thought no new channels............But that don't supprise me.

Harves

Not sure where they get their info but the install schedule shows Moresby Range on air around 30 May 20102.

Edited by stump_1100, 18 February 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#36 Stretch Man

Stretch Man

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Could someone who knows something please tell me when Narrogin will get Digital (other than ABC & SBS). Will it be broadcast in (proper) widescreen or the currently available format that chops a heap off both sides?

#37 RobertL

RobertL

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Could someone who knows something please tell me when Narrogin will get Digital (other than ABC & SBS). Will it be broadcast in (proper) widescreen or the currently available format that chops a heap off both sides?

Narrogin is set down for all services on the 30th March 2012.

RobertL

#38 Stretch Man

Stretch Man

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Narrogin is set down for all services on the 30th March 2012.

RobertL

That's great, thanks Robert.

#39 doodli

doodli

AV Forum Member

• 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Anyone heard or knows or can take a acurate guess when Mawson in the wheatbelt wil have them all?

#40 Smacca

Smacca

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

It'll launch same time as Narrogin - end of March. :)

Edited by Smacca, 28 February 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#41 RobertL

RobertL

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Anyone heard or knows or can take a acurate guess when Mawson in the wheatbelt wil have them all?

March 21st the same as Wagin,
Robert.

#42 hrh

hrh

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Will it be broadcast in (proper) widescreen or the currently available format that chops a heap off both sides?

It'll be in normal digital aspect ratio which is 16:9. What you have there with that is the standard analog 4:3 which is fine for 4:3 content but as you've noticed widescreen content gets chopped off at the sides or centre cut.

#43 Stretch Man

Stretch Man

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Even ABC and SBS digital channels are running 4:3, which I find strange...and annoying! I'm glad we will finally be getting a proper picture!

#44 nbound

nbound

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Im not sure of the current situation over your side of this rock... but you guys arent using STBs with the wrong aspect ratio set?

#45 Stretch Man

Stretch Man

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for the tip nbound. I have just changed it from 16:9 to 16:9 Letterbox and it does seem to be a better fit. I've been so used to adjusting the TV I forgot the STB.

#46 doodli

doodli

AV Forum Member

• 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

March 21st the same as Wagin,
Robert.

They were testing for a while this morning, all stations where working. One, 7Mate etc. It looked great but then they have been switched off again. Noticed the MySat website says the turn on date is the 12, but I suppose we will have to wait till the 21.

#47 RobertL

RobertL

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

They were testing for a while this morning, all stations where working. One, 7Mate etc. It looked great but then they have been switched off again. Noticed the MySat website says the turn on date is the 12, but I suppose we will have to wait till the 21.

Sorry Doodli, You must have picked up services from Perth or elseware. The Mawson transmitter whilst it is currently being installed, has not had power applied to it yet, and test transmissions are yet to take place ;((.

RobertL

#48 doodli

doodli

AV Forum Member

• 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Sorry Doodli, You must have picked up services from Perth or elseware. The Mawson transmitter whilst it is currently being installed, has not had power applied to it yet, and test transmissions are yet to take place ;((.

RobertL

Sorry, but battling were we are to get Mawson, Perth would be out of the question. I don't were they came from but the signal was definately there and all channels. Only on for short while then disappeared. Maybe I'm a time traveler or the signal were but we saw what we saw. Actually scanned them in on both the tv and the STB only to see them turn off again. How certain are you about the Transmitters because some certainly happened here.

Edit: We did notice one thing, the signal was much stronger than usaul. much stronger than we usally get from Mawson that is. This got me beat.

Edited by doodli, 12 March 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#49 M'bozo

M'bozo

AV Forum Member

• 2,839 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

They were testing for a while this morning, all stations where working.

We did notice one thing, the signal was much stronger than usaul. much stronger than we usally get from Mawson that is. This got me beat.

Probably a tropospheric scatter ducting event.

Edited by M'bozo, 12 March 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#50 RobertL

RobertL

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Sorry, but battling were we are to get Mawson, Perth would be out of the question. I don't were they came from but the signal was definately there and all channels. Only on for short while then disappeared. Maybe I'm a time traveler or the signal were but we saw what we saw. Actually scanned them in on both the tv and the STB only to see them turn off again. How certain are you about the Transmitters because some certainly happened here.

Edit: We did notice one thing, the signal was much stronger than usaul. much stronger than we usally get from Mawson that is. This got me beat.

Hi Doodli, Whilst the new Transmitters on site are all in an advanced stage of installation for March 21, there is no way they can currently be put to air even inadvertently.
In answer to you question I am 100% certain.
the signal you got must be from another source.

RobertL

Edited by RobertL, 12 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.