• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bennyt

Bennyt

AV Forums Member

• 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

Hey All,

Been looking for a way to choose what HDMI source goes to what TV (will have two 3D capable, HD sets - 55 and 40").

Saw the Octava 4 x2 Matrix switch (note Matrix) which suggests you can put one signal to both TV's at the same time or put a different source on both. Will take 4 HDMI inputs and send them to 2 selected output screens - 1080p/i and has optical audio out to send to audio system.

Has anyone used one and are they any good? Is there a comparable product I should be looking at?

Cheers

Ben

#2 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

I am thinking about a matrix switcher too (my comments are not specific to the Octava device).

My inputs are: Foxtel HQ, Bluray and HD-STB
Outputs: 1 x main TV, 1 x PJ, 1 x Bedroom TV, 1 x family room TV (over 15m away so maybe I need support for CAT6 too, see the CAT6 device here)

You are right, a 4 x 4 matrix switcher would allow any one of the four inputs to be connected to any one of the outputs. All inputs and outputs can have separate signals for concurrent use if required.

There are quite a few around varying considerably in price.

I had a HDMI splitter but that died after being left on for about 3 months (cooked it I guess). So I'd look for: Long warranty & low power usage.

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this...

#3 judge25

judge25

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Not probably the right area for the post...I'm sure one of the Mods will move it.

That said, I have a 4x2 matrix that works great for standard 1080p. However, it wont pass 3d. If anyone finds one that does (and reasonably quality and price) I too would be interested.

#4 Bennyt

Bennyt

AV Forums Member

• 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Not probably the right area for the post...I'm sure one of the Mods will move it.

That said, I have a 4x2 matrix that works great for standard 1080p. However, it wont pass 3d. If anyone finds one that does (and reasonably quality and price) I too would be interested.

@homerj - I have run a 20M HDMI extension lead from EZYHD that is apparently the MAX you can run. I tested the length in the shop from a blu-ray player to TV and then it was installed at home - as I don't have my gear yet I can't testify that it works 100% but others have told me that it will be fine.

I am told/have read that the Octava is 3D capable - http://www.octavainc.....4x2 port.html

Price is about $375 with some cables inc. I will be hitting the buy button in about 3wks unless another option is offered up here?

Anyone?

Ben

Edited by Bennyt, 02 November 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#5 KOAZ

KOAZ

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

Bennyt and judge25,

which HDMI 4 x2 Matrix switch are you both using.

i am thinking of getting the one that ezyhd has on his website http://www.ezyhd-cab...x-switcher.html ?

koaz

#6 judge25

judge25

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

I am using a HDMI 4 x 2 Matrix Switcher With IR Extender from clink. However the one you've listed looks interesting. Says it is 3d capable, so may have to try one of these too.

Bennyt and judge25,

which HDMI 4 x2 Matrix switch are you both using.

i am thinking of getting the one that ezyhd has on his website http://www.ezyhd-cab...x-switcher.html ?

koaz

#7 Bennyt

Bennyt

AV Forums Member

• 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

I have not bought mine yet KOAZ so that's why I asked the question.

I have seen the one that the EZYHD guys have and I know they sell good gear as I have bought my cable from them and they get good reviews.

Still no one has really answered the Octava question, but says 3D capable and able to display different sources on EITHER monitor which is the main part. My install date will be around 1st week of Dec so time is coming and I might just have to bite the bullet on this one.

Ben

#8 Bennyt

Bennyt

AV Forums Member

• 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Duplicate post - connection reset!

Edited by Bennyt, 07 November 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#9 Bennyt

Bennyt

AV Forums Member

• 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

And again - oops

Edited by Bennyt, 07 November 2011 - 09:55 PM.