• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#401 Slattery

Slattery

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

In regard to the masters picture quality, fox sports is probably running at around 9 mbps mpeg4 whereas one HD probably runs at around 9mbps mpeg2.

A massive difference.

The most annoying thing at all is that ESPN 3D USA are showing it in 3D but all we get are reruns of college basketball, X games and Little League baseball....

#402 davmel

davmel

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

In regard to the masters picture quality, fox sports is probably running at around 9 mbps mpeg4 whereas one HD probably runs at around 9mbps mpeg2.

FS3HD: 1920x1080i H.264 @ 8.8 Mbps
ONE HD: 1440x1080i MPEG-2 @ 12.2 Mbps

#403 Aussiedude

Aussiedude

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Wow All Fox AFL games will be HD, first time i have seen HD AFL from Tasmania

#404 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Just to be a pedant, the Hawks pre-season game in Launceston a few weeks back was also in HD

#405 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forums Member

• 3,062 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Do you mean just the games from Tassie?

Only 5 of the 9 games have been in HD so far this year, on Fox.

#406 Slattery

Slattery

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

WHo do I contact to make a complaint about Foxtel's false HD advertising in regard to all AFL matches being shown in stunning HD?

#407 Wags

Wags

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Do we have to keep going over this, every game Fox has produced has been in HD and no reason to suggest the rest of the year wont be the same.

Its the ch7 games that have been SD.......no reason to suggest that will change either!

#408 Junkyard

Junkyard

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

really crappy SD from townsville, thanks fox sports

#409 dkint3

dkint3

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Do we have to keep going over this, every game Fox has produced has been in HD and no reason to suggest the rest of the year wont be the same.

Its the ch7 games that have been SD.......no reason to suggest that will change either!

will be interesting to see what happens in Rd 17 when Port Adelaide play in Darwin..

History suggests it will be a FOX produced game (not Ch7).. and given that FOX have never sent a HD truck to Townsville for the NRL, I can't see them sending one to Darwin for the AFL.

Noticed on Sat nite there were TWO matches on in Perth - BOTH in HD.. (The Eagles in the AFL and the Perth Glory A-League game).

#410 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forums Member

• 3,062 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

will be interesting to see what happens in Rd 17 when Port Adelaide play in Darwin..

R17?? How about R3?

If I was already a Foxtel customer I'd be calling them up every week, demanding a reduction of subscription fees, considering not all games are being shown as advertised.

I don't care who's fault it is. By complaining to Foxtel, & threatening to leave/not pay the fees they're asking, you're making them aware that the talks they're having with Se7en take on much more importance.

I've even called up Foxtel, & let them know that because of this crap with only 5 AFL games in HD, that it's prevented me from signing up. So far, all sales people have understood & even urged me to wait until discussions are done.

#411 Wags

Wags

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

R17?? How about R3?

If I was already a Foxtel customer I'd be calling them up every week, demanding a reduction of subscription fees, considering not all games are being shown as advertised.

I don't care who's fault it is. By complaining to Foxtel, & threatening to leave/not pay the fees they're asking, you're making them aware that the talks they're having with Se7en take on much more importance.

I've even called up Foxtel, & let them know that because of this crap with only 5 AFL games in HD, that it's prevented me from signing up. So far, all sales people have understood & even urged me to wait until discussions are done.

Fair point. I'll make a complaint.

#412 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

History suggests it will be a FOX produced game (not Ch7).. and given that FOX have never sent a HD truck to Townsville for the NRL, I can't see them sending one to Darwin for the AFL.

The bulldogs/pies and giants played their first round NAB cup game in Darwin and it was HD.So if its a fox game it will be HD.

#413 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

The bulldogs/pies and giants played their first round NAB cup game in Darwin and it was HD.So if its a fox game it will be HD.

They played at Blacktown.

#414 Slattery

Slattery

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I am well aware of the situation in regard to 7 games versus Foxtel games, however Fox should not be allowed to continue to claim the 7 games are "Fox Footy Live in HD" when they are simply NOT.

#415 killer1500

killer1500

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Pretty sure they can claim its in Hd because Hd in Australia is 480p, remember ABC hd and SBS HD a few years ago in there 480p "HD" glory. There not breaking any rules regarding Hd.

#416 pc9

pc9

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

It will be even more interesting when Gold Coast play Richmond in Cairns (late July). Pretty sure its a Foxtel game played in the evening.

#417 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

They played at Blacktown.

Well arent i a goose.

#418 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Wouldn't every game have a truck booked by now? i reckon they will be in HD.

#419 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Fox Footy have said all of their games will be in HD, and given they've done games from Hobart, Launceston & Ballarat in HD so far, I'm inclined to believe them

#420 BigVic

BigVic

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Saw an HD truck behind Lingy during the telecast and I am surprised that FOX FOOTY didn't issued a HD feed of the Cats v Hawks game (which is potentailly the game of the year)

#421 Slattery

Slattery

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

So I gather 7 actually film with HD cameras but only transmit at 720x576 through their SD channel and therefore only give foxtel access to the SD feed, when they could actually provide Foxtel with a HD feed?

#422 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forums Member

• 3,062 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Saw an HD truck behind Lingy during the telecast and I am surprised that FOX FOOTY didn't issued a HD feed of the Cats v Hawks game (which is potentailly the game of the year)

Are you sure? Could the same company have non-HD trucks that look similar?

If so, how do we know they're actually filming in HD? They could just be utilising SD equipment inside?

#423 DrP

DrP

AV Forums Member

• 19,860 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Pretty sure they can claim its in Hd because Hd in Australia is 480p, remember ABC hd and SBS HD a few years ago in there 480p "HD" glory. There not breaking any rules regarding Hd.

576p. ABC had better resolutions before that too.

#424 Hosko

Hosko

AV Forums Member

• 2,915 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Are you sure? Could the same company have non-HD trucks that look similar?

They use HD trucks because they are newer and bigger then the SD trucks.

#425 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forums Member

• 3,062 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

They use HD trucks because they are newer and bigger then the SD trucks.

Ok, but i'm sure these trucks can transmit HD & SD.

What i'm getting at is do we have definitive proof that Se7en are actually filming in HD? Just having the HD trucks there may not be enough - they could have paid for the use of the trucks, thinking initially that they'd film & transmit in HD (as Foxtel were led to believe), but have since changed their mind, & instead filmed/transmitted in SD instead. Maybe they weren't able to revert back to the SD trucks for whatever reason......