Photo

Any Word On Hd For The Summer Of Cricket 2011/2012?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 Ralfi

Ralfi

DTV Forums Member

• 3,057 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

I expect yet another disappointing treatment of one the countries most popular sports, with Nine about to announce their glorious summer of cricket in fantastic SD/2-channel audio......

Anyone spotted any official announcements from Nine stating otherwise, or will they just spring their mediocre coverage on us unannounced?...

#2 pietro

pietro

DTV Forums Member

• 2,576 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

I'm sorry to say I think you are living in fantasy-land if you even think it might be possible. This is Australian FTA after all.

#3 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

DTV Forums Member

• 1,510 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

Given they couldn't find 2 hours in the Gem schedule to show the NRL GF, there's not a hope they'll show 7 hours of cricket

#4 pc9

pc9

DTV Forums Member

• 519 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Given they couldn't find 2 hours in the Gem schedule to show the NRL GF, there's not a hope they'll show 7 hours of cricket

What's the point of showing it on GEM anyway. Its utter crap, nothing like a HD channel; they show the Today show in reasonable HD then drop the bit rate for the rest of the day. In fact the PQ is better on 9 and Go.

At least on One and Mate there is a small amount of native HD programming.

#5 Wags

Wags

DTV Forums Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Well I wont be holding my breath for ANY HD cricket coverage on gem.

Maybe the T20 games?............Nah, who am I kidding!

#6 ylw91

ylw91

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Well I wont be holding my breath for ANY HD cricket coverage on gem.

Maybe the T20 games?............Nah, who am I kidding!

Nein F***** us up royally last year when they promised The Ashes in "Glorious" HD, and then choked on their own waffle and lies.
There's NO chance these non patriotic weeners will do the right thing this year.

Cricket looks crap on SD, but not as crap as simultaneous reruns of Murder She Wrote on HD.

Yes the Footy should have been shown in HD. From memory they showed something stupid like To The Manor Born on GEM at the time.
I find it quite pathetic that whenever there is a major sporting event televised on Nine SD, they put outdated (read:cheap to broadcast) rubbish on the HD channel.

I could almost forgive them if they put something stunning on the HD channel, but I reckon they are just poking the sporting fans in the eye, and also the non sporting fans as well. Probably because they are the squeaky wheels whenever sport is moved onto an HD channel that complain that they are missing Oprah or some such US drivel.

"Rant off" Don't get me started on the Cricket and Channel Nein......Cricket is game sent from heaven and should be treated as such....

#7 borough

borough

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

The Bushrangers v Bulls game on Fox Sports HD looks pretty good today.

#8 jsmith

jsmith

DTV Forums Member

• 5,695 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

After this weekends HD broadcast of the League and Rugby Union I think there is a much higher chance of seeing some HD cricket this season.

Last year many of us called or wrote to complain that the sport was not in HD.

I have just called to thank/congratulate nine on their change in policy in the hope some positive feedback may help push them along...

So I ask everyone here to call channel 9 and tell them that you liked what they did on;

Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999
Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111
Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999
Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111
Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

No point just calling to complain. :)

Cheers,
JSmith :ninja:

#9 Aurora8

Aurora8

DTV Forums Member

• 711 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Looks unlikely seeing as they won't be showing the Rugby World Cup Final on GEM.

#10 Aurora8

Aurora8

DTV Forums Member

• 711 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Looks unlikely seeing as they won't be showing the Rugby World Cup Final on GEM.

#11 jsmith

jsmith

DTV Forums Member

• 5,695 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

I think they would have if Australia was in it...

The 3rd place playoff was in HD on Gem.

JSmith :ninja:

#12 vonbarron

vonbarron

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

The Final will be on GEM tonight.

http://www.tvtonight...rns-to-gem.html

#13 Aurora8

Aurora8

DTV Forums Member

• 711 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Yeah as I mentioned it it's thread, they changed their minds late in the week and did it on GEM in addition to the Nine broadcast.

#14 Slattery

Slattery

DTV Forums Member

• 478 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

Any update on whether it will be in SD or HD?
They showed the Presidents cup today in SD and went to Millionaire in the middle of the final hole of the day LOL

#15 Wags

Wags

DTV Forums Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

They showed the Presidents cup today in SD and went to Millionaire in the middle of the final hole of the day LOL

Its on gem this morn.

#16 Sammo360

Sammo360

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Its on gem this morn.

Wasn't HD

#17 Wags

Wags

DTV Forums Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Wasn't HD

Are you serious?

I didn't watch it, just saw it on the guide.

I can't believe that........... Oh, hang on, it's channel 9, yes I can!

#18 miata

miata

DTV Forums Member

• 1,633 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Are you serious?

I didn't watch it, just saw it on the guide.

I can't believe that........... Oh, hang on, it's channel 9, yes I can!

FOXTEL guide states clearly, that FOX is the only HD broadcast of the Presidents Cup and it's very nice too!

"FOX SPORTS is the only Australian broadcaster offering HIGH DEFINITION coverage of the event in its entirety."

#19 Ralfi

Ralfi

DTV Forums Member

• 3,057 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Err this thread's about cricket. Any news on that? Thought they would have been playing in Aus by now, but they've just finished the SA tour I think..

#20 Wags

Wags

DTV Forums Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Err this thread's about cricket. Any news on that? Thought they would have been playing in Aus by now, but they've just finished the SA tour I think..

They havnt finished yet, its day 4 of the 2nd test tonight.

#21 BigVic

BigVic

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Had given up on FTA HD and won't be surprised if the cricket is not in HD. The recent two test series against SA was broadcasted in brilliant HD on Fox Sports.

Edited by BigVic, 24 November 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#22 pc9

pc9

DTV Forums Member

• 519 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Had given up on FTA HD and won't be surprised if the cricket is not in HD. The recent two test series against SA was broadcasted in brilliant HD on Fox Sports.

I would'nt exactly say 'brilliant' but it was good enough and about 100 times better than 9's sd. I don't see the point of 9 putting it on GEM anyway. After the Today show in the mornings, they drop the bitrate and its absolute crap for the rest of the day.

I notice they do a repeat of Frozen Planet on GEM (on the weekends I think) and you can't tell the difference between the earlier sd broadcast on 9 and the GEM broadcast. At least One and Mate balance their bit rate allocations to produce a reasonable native HD quality (on the odd occasion they actually broadcast HD content). I hate bloody GEM!

#23 BigVic

BigVic

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Any chance that Foxtel will show a two hour highlights package in HD?

#24 peterca

peterca

DTV Forums Member

• 967 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

I agree, the picture quality from SA was excellent and hopefully the Foxtel highlites of the test matches will be in HD as well.

#25 hidefdave

hidefdave

DTV Forums Member

• 336 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

I agree, the picture quality from SA was excellent and hopefully the Foxtel highlites of the test matches will be in HD as well.

Of course the replays will be in HD...just to rub it in! :angry2:

I hope that when the cricket TV rights are renewed, Fox Sports gets involved and wins the right to simulcast the matches in HD! Nein must be a bit cash strapped these days?

D.