• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#201 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Was happy with the picture Saturday night but not the presenters or poor production skills like leaving mics on when presenters obviously thought they weren't on air etc. Still amatuer hour from that perspective.

Edited by blybo, 20 February 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#202 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,386 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Laurie,I thought he was talking about his show "after the bounce" and the segments they are going to have.One of the "technology" that he showed was the Ted Whitten 3/4 time speech and they had superimposed Brad Johnson into the huddle,they had him standing there in a dressing gown .

ah now I see yes David King was in a room I think it was green background then he was standing in water at St Kilda beach fully dressed superimposed of course but was good,as was 360 excellent HD

cheers laurie

#203 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

ah now I see yes David King was in a room I think it was green background then he was standing in water at St Kilda beach fully dressed superimposed of course but was good,as was 360 excellent HD

cheers laurie

Watching the panel shows last night (AFL 360 & On the Couch) its easy to see the temporary nature of the hd studio set up with the variable lighting etc. Eg Paul Roos face was a bit out of sync whereas Gerard and Mike were quite stunning (wrinkles aside).
Still not complaining - at least it's high def at a decent bit rate and with the promise of better things to come when the new Fox Footy studios are completed later in the year.

#204 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,386 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

agree pc9 makes you puke when you go back to fta SD offering :sick: if the guys at Seven haven't dropped their jaws by now watching this then someone will mention it to them and say "why can't you do this" even the good old days of 576p were better than what we get now

cheers laurie

#205 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

http://www.tvtonight...s-its-mark.html

#206 Aussiedude

Aussiedude

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

looking at the March Foxtel magazine they only have a 30 min Pre game show on the saturdays from R1, which i find super dissapointing. and no AFL 360 on March 29th due to the thursday round 1 game, would of loved a 6:30 episode leading into the 7:30 bounce, and have shows called, inside Collingwood and inside Essendon.

some good news they have 2 back to back games for the teams playing each other like the old Last time they met (it has no round numbers so could be either classics or a last time they met type games)

#207 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

They've been showing some old matches from the last few years featuring teams in the NAB cup. All the ones I've seen were shot it HD and look magic :D

Surely the AFL must be stoked with how their product is being presented...are you listening channel 7?? :poke:

D.

#208 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hard to fault so far, every game has actually been in HD and this weekend there were games from Perth and Tassie.

#209 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,386 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hard to fault so far, every game has actually been in HD and this weekend there were games from Perth and Tassie.

Yep Perth was the worst SD AFL on Foxtel, was just a blur on my Kuro now the window has been opened pity I missed out on the Eagles game

cheers laurie

#210 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yep Perth was the worst SD AFL on Foxtel, was just a blur on my Kuro now the window has been opened pity I missed out on the Eagles game

cheers laurie

You're right Laurie - it's like a whole new world seeing the games from there in HD!

D.

#211 Aussiedude

Aussiedude

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

who is producing the NAB cup GF on Saturday? ch7 or Fox Footy?

#212 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,297 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

who is producing the NAB cup GF on Saturday? ch7 or Fox Footy?

Fox footy i believe.

#213 Aussiedude

Aussiedude

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

good we will get the game in HD rather than upscaled

#214 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,297 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

CH7 bringing their own commentry team to the NAB gf.

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226301900998

#215 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

CH7 bringing their own commentry team to the NAB gf.

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226301900998

Those graphics Fox are using look pretty cool

#216 Wags

Wags

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Be interesting to switch between the two to see the difference.........

and believe me, there WILL be a difference! :hyper:

#217 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

Be interesting to switch between the two to see the difference.........

and believe me, there WILL be a difference! :hyper:

Kind of like comparing the Mona Lisa with my kids finger painting.

Actually it will be good to get reaquainted with 7s crappy picture again...........don't feel so bad about forking out bucks for Austar HD.

#218 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,386 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Jesus i wet my pants laughing when I read this bit:

"From day one our plan was to use our own commentators for the NAB Cup Grand Final. They're the best. Footy fans deserve no less,'' Seven station boss Lewis Martin said.

Not when it comes to picture quality! what a hopeless bunch of dickheads and he gets paid 100's to say this crap

cheers laurie

#219 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,728 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Those graphics Fox are using look pretty cool

They look outstanding... its a shame now that the Bombers have 16-17 games on FTA this year... Ill only get to see this for a handful of Dons games... :(

#220 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,086 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

They look outstanding... its a shame now that the Bombers have 16-17 games on FTA this year... Ill only get to see this for a handful of Dons games... :(

This is huge factor in me not going Foxtel - most Dons games won't be proper HD.........what a rort how supporters of the biggest clubs get shafted if they want to go PayTV..............

Though I won't be surprised if the pathetic Se7en coverage forces me to sign up..............wait & see.

#221 Aussiedude

Aussiedude

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

i expecting Ch7 to force even more ads into there coverage than past years. and im glad that FoxFooty wont have the in game ads like FTA will.

#222 Wags

Wags

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

This is huge factor in me not going Foxtel - most Dons games won't be proper HD.........what a rort how supporters of the biggest clubs get shafted if they want to go PayTV..............

Though I won't be surprised if the pathetic Se7en coverage forces me to sign up..............wait & see.

I'm a bombers fan also and was quite surprised as to how many FTA game we get this year, even though they will upscaled on fox, they will still look a shipload better than the pixelated mush that 7 broadcast! They seriously have no idea of quality.

Wags

#223 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

I go to pretty much every Hawks' game in Melbourne so my main worry is the 7 interstate games and thankfully 6 of them are Fox Footy games which is a bonus

#224 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm a bombers fan also and was quite surprised as to how many FTA game we get this year, even though they will upscaled on fox, they will still look a shipload better than the pixelated mush that 7 broadcast! They seriously have no idea of quality.

Wags

I hope your're right. Upscaling 7 SD is a bit like polishing a turd. I'm not expecting anything reasonable with the upscale to Mate ( l live in Qld) so I guess we will get an idea from tonights game.

#225 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

Sevens SD coverage is shocking compared to Fox Footy. Can't beleive how bad that rubbish is. Will be interesting to compare Seven and upscaled Foxtel.