• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#1 bomba111982

bomba111982

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

Well the old afl broadcasts has finish. Now we wait for 2012 and the new fox footy channel. For all of you who has missed the fox footy channel here is a taste of what we could see in 2012. http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#2 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

Well the old afl broadcasts has finish. Now we wait for 2012 and the new fox footy channel. For all of you who has missed the fox footy channel here is a taste of what we could see in 2012. http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

thanks for that - looking forward to it and in HD.

#3 Sambo90

Sambo90

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Can't wait for next season. Never gonna be the same without Clinton though. He was pure class.

#4 rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Can't wait for next season. Never gonna be the same without Clinton though. He was pure class.

I really hope their is something on there on opening day in remembrance of him. A great commentator taken far too early.

#5 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,372 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

Gerard Wheatley of AFL360 comes close

cheers laurie

#6 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

Gerard Wheatley of AFL360 comes close

cheers laurie

Very professional but can be a bit self-righteous at times. I just hope they minimise those clowns that appear on Sunday after the games.

#7 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Very professional but can be a bit self-righteous at times. I just hope they minimise those clowns that appear on Sunday after the games.

Dont count on it

They will base the whole channel around those clowns - this is why Clinton will be/is being sorely missed.

#8 simedog

simedog

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Dont count on it

They will base the whole channel around those clowns - this is why Clinton will be/is being sorely missed.

Will there be additional costs for the Fox Footy channel? Or will it be included in the Sports and Platinum packages?

#9 justin25

justin25

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

No added cost as long as you have the sports tire you will get the foxtel afl channel at no additional charge. In Fact i have the full 30 minute video of the fox sports afl 2012 in focus video if you want i will put it up on the pirate bay and you can download it it explains in detail of what foxtel gets.

Edited by justin25, 03 October 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#10 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,290 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

Justin im pretty sure there will be some sort of extra charge for the channel,fox dont give anything for nothing.

#11 justin25

justin25

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Nope no extra charge that was clearly stated when the announcement was made as long as you have the sports tire you will get the foxtel afl channel. I have the full 30 minute interveiw the day the announcement was made Hers the proof [img][IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9529/13307081.th.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Edited by justin25, 03 October 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#12 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,290 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Lets hope so. :) Tho i remember Kim saying there maybe a minimal charge.

Edited by wheelz, 03 October 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#13 justin25

justin25

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

That was for an increase in packages which will happen in November by $2.00

#14 redhenry

redhenry

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Nope no extra charge that was clearly stated when the announcement was made as long as you have the sports tire you will get the foxtel afl channel. I have the full 30 minute interveiw the day the announcement was made Hers the proof [img][IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9529/13307081.th.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Does anyone know if the deal includes finals? Although I loved watching the commercial ridden AFL Grand Final in glorious Standard Definition, can't help thinking FOX would do a better job. And please, in full HD too, not that watered down HD shite that Channel 7 use and Fox Sports use on a Friday night!!!

Edit: Damn, found my own answer. It includes ALL games except the Grand Final. I can't believe what is possibly THE biggest one-off sporting event in this country is NOT shown live in HD.

Edited by redhenry, 03 October 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#15 Sambo90

Sambo90

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

Does anyone know if the deal includes finals? Although I loved watching the commercial ridden AFL Grand Final in glorious Standard Definition, can't help thinking FOX would do a better job. And please, in full HD too, not that watered down HD shite that Channel 7 use and Fox Sports use on a Friday night!!!

Edit: Damn, found my own answer. It includes ALL games except the Grand Final. I can't believe what is possibly THE biggest one-off sporting event in this country is NOT shown live in HD.

7 might do the grand final in HD, nobody really knows what they have planned for next season.

#16 tegregg

tegregg

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

7 might do the grand final in HD, nobody really knows what they have planned for next season.

7 show something in HD......dream on!!!

#17 BigVic

BigVic

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

Looking forward to Fox Sports AFL next year as it will be my favourite channel and hope I can see classic finals, on this round and from the vault and hopefully a new show relating to the ever-popular Dream Team and Super Coach fantasy competitions on the net.

#18 bomba111982

bomba111982

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Is it going to be call Fox sports AFL? Don't like that name. Fox Footy is a better name

#19 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,372 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Is it going to be call Fox sports AFL? Don't like that name. Fox Footy is a better name

At least you know its AFL! Fox Footy could mean NRL or Soccer or Rugby to those that don't know any better

cheers laurie

#20 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

7 show something in HD......dream on!!!

Yes, isn't it going to be magic next year. Foxtel showing AFL HD out of its backside all year on the new Fox AFL channel and we get to the biggest game of the year and guess what............

#21 rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

Yes, isn't it going to be magic next year. Foxtel showing AFL HD out of its backside all year on the new Fox AFL channel and we get to the biggest game of the year and guess what............

No one is ever quite pleased lol

It's so far ahead of anything else we have ever had. I can live with one game a year in that situation!

#22 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

The 2 'best' games each week (Friday night and the FTA Saturday night game) plus all finals and the GF won't be HD, it's ridiculous

#23 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Fox Sports believe that 'AFL' is a sport

#24 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

The 2 'best' games each week (Friday night and the FTA Saturday night game) plus all finals and the GF won't be HD, it's ridiculous

Add to that the 2 games in Darwin, 1 game in Cairns, 1 game in Canberra, 3 Nth Melb games in Hobart, 2 Hawthorn games in Launceston and I suspect other games in major capital cities when contracted HD broadcast equipment is in short supply. Also, with recent compression of HD channels we don't know what kind of picutre quality deficit will occur with the new HD channel - even in the event that most of the Fox allocated games are in Native HD.

#25 Wags

Wags

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Also, with recent compression of HD channels we don't know what kind of picutre quality deficit will occur with the new HD channel - even in the event that most of the Fox allocated games are in Native HD.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried about that myself. The native HD Fox games really did look fantastic this year, so I'm hoping for the same next year. (Fingers crossed)

Wags