• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 des

des

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hi guys i have no idea where to post this, please feel free to move if a moderator knows where to correctly put it..

I got a digital antenna put in a few weeks ago but it seems im getting alot of glitches lately.... I don't know much but i know the cabling is the same cable used for foxtel?
I got a antenna guy coming out tomrrow hopefully but does anyone think this is to small for my area, i live in werribee.

http://img40.imagesh...963/arielcu.jpg

#2 bellotv

bellotv

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Are the glitches on all or just some channels ?

Is the antenna guy that's coming tomorrow the same one that put it up in the first place ?

Was the position where its mounted determined by an installer with a meter or was it just randomly chosen ?
A position may be found that has stronger signals on all channels .

How many outlets are installed in the house ( used or not) ?
It's possible that there is quite sufficient signal off the antenna but its all being lost in the cable /splitter system .That would be a nice fix :rolleyes:

Glitching can be occurring because the signal is too weak ,is of poor quality or because bursts of interference are being picked up that are stronger than the wanted signal.
The LP34F antenna that you have may be OK if its in the right position but if there is still marginal reception at the best position on your property then antennas with more gain are available ( price goes up :mellow: thou)
The Idea is to get more wanted signal compared to any interference if this is an issue.

Glitching can also occur if the signal is severely fluctuating due to trees blowing .
If the guys meter has a Histogram feature it is very helpful in finding a position where these variations are minimized.( Helps if its blowing on the day)

Hopefully the guy that comes tomorrow will have a good meter and know how to use it .Hopefully there will also be glitching occurring while he's there so he can pin it down.

Edited by bellotv, 21 September 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#3 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

Are the glitches on all or just some channels ?

Is the antenna guy that's coming tomorrow the same one that put it up in the first place ?

Was the position where its mounted determined by an installer with a meter or was it just randomly chosen ?
A position may be found that has stronger signals on all channels .

How many outlets are installed in the house ( used or not) ?
It's possible that there is quite sufficient signal off the antenna but its all being lost in the cable /splitter system .That would be a nice fix :rolleyes:

Glitching can be occurring because the signal is too weak ,is of poor quality or because bursts of interference are being picked up that are stronger than the wanted signal.
The LP34F antenna that you have may be OK if its in the right position but if there is still marginal reception at the best position on your property then antennas with more gain are available ( price goes up :mellow: thou)
The Idea is to get more wanted signal compared to any interference if this is an issue.

Glitching can also occur if the signal is severely fluctuating due to trees blowing .
If the guys meter has a Histogram feature it is very helpful in finding a position where these variations are minimized.( Helps if its blowing on the day)

Hopefully the guy that comes tomorrow will have a good meter and know how to use it .Hopefully there will also be glitching occurring while he's there so he can pin it down.

+1 'bellotv' to those comments B) B)

And cant agree with you MORE with regards to your comments "Hopefully the guy that comes tomorrow will have a good meter and know how to use it " Pure GOLD B) B)

Cheer's

Baja

#4 jrp001

jrp001

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

+1 'bellotv' to those comments B) B)

And cant agree with you MORE with regards to your comments "Hopefully the guy that comes tomorrow will have a good meter and know how to use it " Pure GOLD B) B)

Cheer's

Baja

Hey baja lets hope the guy that go's out does'nt have a T40.

Im sure this guy want's the job done right.

Maybe you should take your meter out there and do it. :D

Im sure it will be 100% then. :lol:

#5 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hey baja lets hope the guy that go's out does'nt have a Crappy T40.

Im sure this guy want's the job done right.

Maybe you should take your meter out there and do it. Im sure it will be 100% then.

You are Right on the Money there :P :P :P But in saying that i have more important things to do at the moment than to put Antennas on roof's. :rolleyes:

Baja

#6 andrewlace

andrewlace

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

Antenna size is not the issue. Werribee is an average, rather than bad reception area. The key considerations are have they installed the right antenna. Many log periodics are good entry points for a digital antenna. The Fracarro, is by many comparisons the best budget antenna. This is not a Fracarro, wingnuts, a U bolt, and the F connector assembly are not Fracarro. Trust me they're the main brand of antenna I work with.
There are better antennas out there. Fracarro make some smokin' antennas, some are physically not that big. The location of the antenna may help to filter interference. How often is it happening? How many points are you trying to run. It could be that the existing setup is in the wrong location or needs a masthead amplifier. A large improvement can be often obtained by going to a BLV series yagi and a seperate UHF antenna with a suitable amplifier. An amp that amplifies band 3+ gives better filtration of noise for the major capital city transmitters. From here signal should be coming from mount dandenong. Is the signal path obstructed?

#7 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

This is not a Fracarro, wingnuts, a U bolt, and the F connector assembly are not Fracarro. Trust me they're the main brand of antenna I work with.

Hi Andy, How are things matey?

+1 to your comments as well, BUT that Antenna Certainly looks like the Genuine Facarro to me.

Cheer's

Baja

#8 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

+1 to your comments as well, BUT that Antenna Certainly looks like the Genuine Facarro to me.

Cheer's

Baja

Hi Guys,

It looks like a HILLS type LPY to me, the one they sell has a rear connector and wing nuts etc.
Cheers Tazzy.

#9 jrp001

jrp001

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Cheer's

Baja

Baja dont change my quotes.

Oh and it's fracarro not facarro.(As andrewlace said fracarro dont have a U-bolt)

As for your +1 comment on bellotv's post......I dont think you agree.

I think still your learning.

#10 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

I think still your learning.

And i think that you are Still a Fcukwit Idiot with absolutely NO Clue whatsoever.

You certainly seem to be intimidated by my level of knowledge, But then again that's YOUR mental ISSUE.

You maybe able to talk **** to people that have no idea, But NOT ME. you should try using your Brain to educate your self and STOP using your Brain as a Fashion Accessory

Baja

#11 jrp001

jrp001

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

And i think that you are Still a Fcukwit Idiot with absolutely NO Clue whatsoever.

You certainly seem to be intimidated by my level of knowledge, But then again that's YOUR mental ISSUE.

You maybe able to talk **** to people that have no idea, But NOT ME. you should try using your Brain to educate your self and STOP using your Brain as a Fashion Accessory

Baja

Yes baja, i wish i had half the RF knowledge you do.................Can i sign up in one of your training classes yet. :lol: What a joke.

Just because you and your c*ck smoker fox buddies harness up and climb down the airport building.....WOW, do ya all sit down and have a wank after that. :lol:

Any halfwit can read a manual and set up RF modulators. Hmmm I guess thats why you do it.

#12 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yes baja, i wish i had half the RF knowledge you do.................Can i sign up in one of your training classes yet. No YOU cant. In your case, YOU need to finish year 8 First :lol: :lol:

Just because you and your c*ck smoker fox buddies harness up and climb down the airport building.....WOW, do ya all sit down and have a wank after that. YES all the time, after every climb down. and then we go to the next job and do it all over again. sometimes 8 times a day. B)

Any halfwit can read a manual and set up RF modulators. Hmmm I guess thats why you do it. At least i can READ, Unlike your self
But i use a laptop to configure my modulators. B)

Answered.

Hey "jrp001"

Ignorance is Bliss, so YOU must be the Happiest person on EARTH.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheer's

Baja

#13 HillsTas

HillsTas

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi Guys,

It looks like a HILLS type LPY to me, the one they sell has a rear connector and wing nuts etc.
Cheers Tazzy.

Not a Hills one, We don't have wingnuts either. Could be a BuyTech????

Cheers

Dave

#14 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Not a Hills one, We don't have wingnuts either. Could be a BuyTech????

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,
Sorry for the misrepresentation, just proves my two alledged brain cells ARE overloaded.
I installed a HILLS LPY a while back and from memory thought it had wingnuts etc. Oh well looks like I'M the wingnut again !!
Cheers Tazzy.

#15 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hi Dave,
Sorry for the misrepresentation, just proves my two alledged brain cells ARE overloaded.
I installed a HILLS LPY a while back and from memory thought it had wingnuts etc. Oh well looks like I'M the wingnut again !!
Cheers Tazzy.

2ND GO!

How about a 'Pheonix' from China ?
Tazzy

#16 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

How about a 'Pheonix' from China ?
Tazzy

Lots of wingnuts from China. :rolleyes: