• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lickster

Lickster

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

Just got a mailout today offering free installation and a second outlet for 12 months.

As I have been considering HD for a couple of months now I was waiting for the inevitable freebie to come out and this is it.

As far as I can tell you get the free outlet for 12 months as long as you keep the Mystar for the 12 months. I think I can manage that though I have no real desire to continue using two outlets beyond that.

Anyone else get this ?

#2 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Just got a mailout today offering free installation and a second outlet for 12 months.

As I have been considering HD for a couple of months now I was waiting for the inevitable freebie to come out and this is it.

As far as I can tell you get the free outlet for 12 months as long as you keep the Mystar for the 12 months. I think I can manage that though I have no real desire to continue using two outlets beyond that.

Anyone else get this ?

Have a current Mystar HD sub and got a call offering another standard box for an additional $9.95 per month for the term of my contract. When I enquired about an additional Mystar HD box, they advised me that it would cost $33 per month ongoing. No thanks.

#3 viewer

viewer

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

My mailout says free upgrade to MyStar HD ( normally $100) and a free additional outlet for 12 months if you keep the HD. Also, fine print says also to pay is $14.95 per month + $5 per month HD access. My head tells me you save the 100, but still pay 15.95 per month...not that tempting???

#4 vallatv

vallatv

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

yeah viewer thats how i read it. But if i get my renos finished by the end of october when it finishes then i'll do it to get the 2nd box box free for 12mths and then reassess after the 12mths weather to keep it or not.

#5 Lickster

Lickster

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Probably only a good deal if you are someone like me, already looking at getting the HD put on. I already knew you basically had to pay an extra $19.90 for a MyStar HD anyway. The installation fee was putting me off for a while.

Not all that fussed about the second outlet and I'll probably turf that after 12 months.