Game Of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#76 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

It cost me AUD$43 from Amazon UK ... how much was it from JB (for the 5 disc set)?

That's less than $49.95 in my book ... if you buy most of your BD's from Amazon then you should have known you could have bought it cheaper if pre-ordered .... many here paid less than $43 from Amazon with the discount code they issued.

There's usually always a premium to be paid if you want things on demand.

edit: P.S. no international credit card/exchange fees with a 28 Degrees Master Card.

Edited by Chopsus, 10 March 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#77 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

How does 32GBP (the new price) translate to $43? Delivery on top of that? Today's exchange rate makes it as $47.40 plus CC or website commission on currency exchange plus delivery...

$49.95 from my local shopping centre is cheaper and easier in my book. Yeah, I buy most of my BD from amazon but good to always check local pricing too.

My .uk GoT cost just under $37 AUD as ordered with 2GBP discount and free shipping

neither AU versions are same as US or UK versions, so this is a clear win to import version for me

#78 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

neither AU versions are same as US or UK versions, so this is a clear win to import version for me

I;m curious as to the differences?

I suspect the UK/US versions will be superior in packaging as they usually are, but I had the impression the UK/Aus 6 disc were the same in terms of disc content?

It wouldn't be the first time Aus gets ripped off on PQ or SQ to fit multi-language tracks for every third world country in existence though.

#79 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

I;m curious as to the differences?

I suspect the UK/US versions will be superior in packaging as they usually are, but I had the impression the UK/Aus 6 disc were the same in terms of disc content?

I think its only superior packaging too

#80 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

That's less than $49.95 in my book ... if you buy most of your BD's from Amazon then you should have known you could have bought it cheaper if pre-ordered .... many here paid less than $43 from Amazon with the discount code they issued.

There's usually always a premium to be paid if you want things on demand.

edit: P.S. no international credit card/exchange fees with a 28 Degrees Master Card.

Meh, I don't pre order now because of shipping costs or delays. It's only a couple of dollars anyhoo.

Great series, watched 5 episodes already...

#81 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Meh, I don't pre order now because of shipping costs or delays. It's only a couple of dollars anyhoo.

Meh, I guess that's why you feel the need to share your delusions of superior prices? LOL! :wacko:

#82 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Meh, I guess that's why you feel the need to share your delusions of superior prices? LOL! :wacko:

You go and try to buy JUST GoT from Amazon, today, and see if you can get it cheaper than I did locally... delusions :rolleyes: .

All I was trying to point out is that online is not always vastly cheaper so worth checking before blindly buying online... especially for a series which tends to be more expensive. From memory several people here cancelled pre orders for the Star Wars set because local pricing was as good, if not better.

Edited by blybo, 13 March 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#83 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

All I was trying to point out is that online is not always vastly cheaper so worth checking before blindly buying online...

Epic Fail then as it could be sourced cheaper online, as many here have. What happened with Star Wars (which was still more expensive locally) is not what happened in this instance as pre orders were still significantly cheaper than buying the way you did. That's fine if you want the convienience of buying locally, but you are lieing to yourself and others by claiming it was cheaper.

#84 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Epic Fail then as it could be sourced cheaper online, as many here have. What happened with Star Wars (which was still more expensive locally) is not what happened in this instance as pre orders were still significantly cheaper than buying the way you did. That's fine if you want the convienience of buying locally, but you are lieing to yourself and others by claiming it was cheaper.

No you're not listening. Last Friday I could not buy this disc cheaper via Amazon UK than I could from the JB store I was walking past. If you want to keep rabbiting on about how if you do this, and then use that code (which is now out of date) and then put your order in weeks before you want it... you can save some dollars then good for you but your not comparing apples with apples... As I said; I didn't know of the existence of this show until a couple of weeks ago and only considered buying last week.

I'm not going to continue this anyway as your position is well and truly stated going by the other thread regarding JB.

#85 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

The wonderful world of DTV Forum, where arguments can and do break out over the most meaningless of things, where some Snr members feel they can say anything without being challenged (not this thread), old posts are dug up and grudges are held for years. LOL.
Back OT, can't wait to start viewing this, should be good.

#86 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

I didn't know of the existence of this show until a couple of weeks ago and only considered buying last week.

Mate don't try and blame me for your ignorance, there have been at least two threads (one going back to its first airing) on how good this show is and how it is a must buy.

As the saying goes, you snooze, you lose ... and in your case $$'s.

I'm not going to continue this anyway

Great to see you're learning though :thumbsup:

edit: it's like pulling the wings of flies :bug: ..... cruel, but mildly entertaining

Edited by Chopsus, 13 March 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#87 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

where some Snr members feel they can say anything without being challenged

Oye! I resemble that comment! :hairy:

(not this thread)

Hmmmm ..... I'm not sure you ain't calling me outside :poke:

Then again .... neither of us want to open up wars on multiple fronts :frantics:

:D

Edited by Chopsus, 13 March 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#88 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Mate don't try and blame me for your ignorance, there have been at least two threads (one going back to its first airing) on how good this show is and how it is a must buy.

As the saying goes, you snooze, you lose ... and in your case $$'s.

Great to see you're learning though :thumbsup:

edit: it's like pulling the wings of flies :bug: ..... cruel, but mildly entertaining

Never blamed you for anything I've done or not done. In fact I'm not whining about anything

You're just trying to big note yourself here...

If I've learnt anything on these forums it's not from you.

#89 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

If I've learnt anything on these forums it's not from you.

I think you need to reflect on our time here ....

#90 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

anyone who ordered from Amazon US has there been any movement, my tracking shows its still at iparcel LOL been there for 8 days, im due to receive it on Tuesday.

#91 3daysofrain

3daysofrain

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Mine was posted on 5th March and says expected 20th April. This was on expedited shipping. Flippin hope it doesn't take that long!

#92 crtlover

crtlover

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Mine shipped from Amazon.com 6 March - received yesterday 13 March.
Pretty good going - standard shipping.

#93 K1LL3M

K1LL3M

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Then again .... neither of us want to open up wars on multiple fronts fonts :frantics:

:D

fixed :hyper:

#94 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,638 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

fixed :hyper:

I want what your on :rofl:

#95 3daysofrain

3daysofrain

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

Mine turned up this morning! Just in time for my day off tomorrow. Sweet.

#96 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Mine turned up this morning! Just in time for my day off tomorrow. Sweet.

My .UK order arrived today!

#97 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Arrived home 30 mins ago and there's a note to pick a parcel up from post office, no doubt for GOT's. 20th of April was the indicative delivery so a month early. Mint.

#98 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

damn it seems everyones getting theres except me LOL even tho i paid for more expensive shipping. Emailed iparcel still no response from them pretty poor customer service usually they take a few hrs to respond.

#99 Sievers

Sievers

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about iparcel, I got a free upgrade on some shipping last month and the last update says it's in California when in fact it has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of weeks :)

#100 Zarthaz

Zarthaz

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Got mine just now from Amazon US, fastest delivery ever for me from Amazon US. 10 days or so.
On par with a Amazon UK delivery :D