Photo

What Are You Pre-ordering In The Remainder Of 2011?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

The bumper season is almost upon us with a ridiculous amount of Triple A titles coming out in the next 4 months. What is everyone pre-ordering or holding back on to either see how the games are received or wait for bargain bin discounting?

Certain local pre-orders for me are Batman Arkham City, Skyrim and Uncharted 3. Will probably also pre-order Deus Ex and Rage from overseas. Going to wait and see on Battlefield 3, MW3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Dead Island, Resistance 3 and Gears 3.

Edited by Felix., 21 July 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Hardy

Hardy

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

i mentioned in another thread that iv pre ordered final fantasy 13-2 CE. for xbox 360 and iv pre ordered final fantasy XIV for ps3 [ own it for pc also. and my pre order for ps3 has been in since last year!]

i think ill wait for gears to drop in price then grab it. also looking forward to some of the new anime game ports hopefully appearing later in the year.

not many people looking forward to final fantasy 13-2. but from what iv seen it should be the game that 13 should have been. so get on board peoples!

anyone know if final fantasy 13 verses will be ported to xbox 360?

Edited by Hardy, 21 July 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#3 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,738 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

The bumper season is almost upon us with a ridiculous amount of Triple A titles coming out in the next 4 months. What is everyone pre-ordering or holding back on to either see how the games are received or wait for bargain bin discounting?

Certain local pre-orders for me are Batman Arkham City, Skyrim and Uncharted 3. Will probably also pre-order Deus Ex and Rage from overseas. Going to wait and see on Battlefield 3, MW3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Dead Island, Resistance 3 and Gears 3.

Whats going to be the advantage of preordering UC3? Is anyone offering anything good yet? (not that they really have to, the game is going to be f**king brilliant)

#4 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

i'll be pre ordering mario 3D
from the ozgameshop
because it will bill me in aus dollars so i know how much it will cost
have kingdom hearts on pre order at thehut cos i had a 10% discount at the time
anything else?
maybe :ninja: :P

i'll be waiting for price drops for final fantasy 13-2
monkey island - still undecided if i want it
waiting on word on final fantasy type 0 for the psp

Edited by mcduck, 21 July 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#5 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Whats going to be the advantage of preordering UC3? Is anyone offering anything good yet? (not that they really have to, the game is going to be f**king brilliant)

Well you could always grab this DD? :D

http://www.amazon.co...D...3631&sr=8-2

Most of the DLC you get in any pre-order nowadays is usually either of little consequence, can be unlocked by achievements or can be purchased via micro transaction later.

I guess when I say pre-order I mean what will be a Day 1 purchase for you and which ones will you will wait and see on and perhaps either rent or wait for price drops. And yep U3 should be a corker! In fact I can a feel a bad case of gameritis coming on already that attendance at work may not be possible on Nov 3 and 4. :P

Edited by Felix., 21 July 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#6 dan76n

dan76n

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Been waiting for a Rugby game since the PS3 came out and it looks likely that 3-4 different games will be out late 2011 early 2012. I will get them all at some stage.

#7 OzyDave

OzyDave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

I only ever order things. I don't know what pre-order means.

#8 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Well you could always grab this DD? :D

http://www.amazon.co...D...3631&sr=8-2

Most of the DLC you get in any pre-order nowadays is usually either of little consequence, can be unlocked by achievements or can be purchased via micro transaction later.

I guess when I say pre-order I mean what will be a Day 1 purchase for you and which ones will you will wait and see on and perhaps either rent or wait for price drops. And yep U3 should be a corker! In fact I can a feel a bad case of gameritis coming on already that attendance at work may not be possible on Nov 3 and 4. :P

Oh

My

WOW

Is it november yet??

#9 Autocrat

Autocrat

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I don't care if it's a dog, anything under the Assassin's Creed label is an instant buy.

Edited by Autocrat, 22 July 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#10 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

Oh
Is it november yet??

I noticed that JB have the Explorer version which is very similar to the US Collector's version but I think with a few more DLC extras. However it is more than twice the price. Ouch! :o

http://www.jbhifi.co...akes-deception/

I don't care if it's a dog, anything under the Assassin's Creed label is an instant buy.

I doubt it would be a dog. Possibly some (not me) may criticise it for being more of the same but if that turns out to be the case that same would likely be darn good in my book anyway. Certainly the Constantinople environment sounds enticing.

However for me personally it is released a couple of days after Skyrim which I'm expecting to soak up dozens of hours of my gaming attention so may just have to push AC back to an early 2012 play.

Edited by Felix., 22 July 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#11 Hardy

Hardy

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

I noticed that JB have the Explorer version which is very similar to the US Collector's version but I think with a few more DLC extras. However it is more than twice the price. Ouch! :o

http://www.jbhifi.co...akes-deception/

holy crap.... look at the price
its a nice pack. but damm

#12 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

I no longer pre-order in Australia. I've befriended my local EB staff and am getting some bargains at the moment (on older/ish) stuff but when it comes to pre-ordering unreleased titles "forget about it" <-- said with a cliched Italian accent.

Skyrim and UC3 are the only games I'm REALLY hanging out for. I don't play MP so I have little to no interest in things like CoD (Crap on Delivery).

#13 Hardy

Hardy

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

I no longer pre-order in Australia. I've befriended my local EB staff and am getting some bargains at the moment (on older/ish) stuff but when it comes to pre-ordering unreleased titles "forget about it" <-- said with a cliched Italian accent.

Skyrim and UC3 are the only games I'm REALLY hanging out for. I don't play MP so I have little to no interest in things like CoD (Crap on Delivery).

also the wait in aus for games is just stupid. i normally get my games from ozgames. prices are really good. and drop dramatically

anybody ever get the feeling to work at EB you have to be goth/emo/alternative and have piercings and stuff. guys at my local eb are all like that

Edited by Hardy, 22 July 2011 - 02:53 PM.

#14 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

holy crap.... look at the price
its a nice pack. but damm

Yes we are definitely gettting ripped off locally again. Wonder how many of those Explorer packs JB will sell. I'll probably just be going the JB Special Edition anyway.

Edited by Felix., 22 July 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#15 fat

fat

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Gears of War 3 xbox console bundle
Battlefield 3

Not sure where to order the Battlefield from though as each retailer has a different bundle of DLC. I will have to go through all of the bonuses and work out which one will be best

#16 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

just pre ordered Mario and Luigis Mansion 2 3D :lol:

what game addiction? :ninja:

Edited by mcduck, 27 July 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#17 sportsagent2

sportsagent2

AV Forum Member

• 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

forza 4 for me cant wait

#18 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

Actually I preordered Deus Ex yesterday. I liked the first yet despised the second.

#19 Guest_PLG1962_*

Guest_PLG1962_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Actually I preordered Deus Ex yesterday. I liked the first yet despised the second.

Batman and WWE 12

#20 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Where did you place your pre-order and which version did you get...they've got so many different types for Deus Ex?

I'll definitely play this as I was a big fan of the previous games on the PC. I don't know why but I've got some reservations about this latest instalment. Call it a gut feeling but I'm worried it may not be quite as good as we're hoping it will be. I hope I'm wrong though and the game rocks.

Edited by Felix., 08 August 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#21 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Call it a gut feeing but I'm worried it may not be quite as good as we're hoping it will be

Dang Felix I know exactly what you mean. I too have those thoughts towards this iteration of the classic.

$55 from Ozgameshop and I got the Ltd Ed on X360. So if it does suck it'll be on the game trade thread hahahahaha.

#22 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

$55 from Ozgameshop and I got the Ltd Ed on X360. So if it does suck it'll be on the game trade thread hahahahaha.

That's a very good price. I'm pretty tempted to do the same thing.

#23 Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Also hanging out for Batman and Uncharted 3...but the really big one is Heroes of Might and Magic VI - loved them all (well, maybe not IV).

I've been looking at Ozgameshop - is there any problems with DLC with their games? I assume they're not usually Aus versions.

#24 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

I've been looking at Ozgameshop - is there any problems with DLC with their games? I assume they're not usually Aus versions.

99.9% of the time there are zero issues. I buy my stuff from these guys and I haven't had any issues.

#25 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

If the same games are available in Australia, there should be zero problems in downloading DLC.

If the game IS NOT available in Australia (ie Mortal Kombat) then you won't be able to download any DLC as it doesn't exist on the AU marketplace. You will have to create a US or UK account, download the content you want and then you will be able to use it with you AU account.

As for the topic, I have around ten games on preorder that are due before the years out. Too many great games, not enough time! :lol: