Mr Antenna - Not Recommended

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

I am sorry to hear some people having bad experience with Mr Antenna.
I am in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne and I had an antenna installed by them recently.
The guy showed up on time, went straight to his work and an hour later job finished and perfect tv reception the end result.
He even discounted his quote by about thirty dollars because I gave him a bit of a hand and a couple of beers for his work.
Aussie made antenna too.
He also gave me his bussiness card to contact him directly if I had any problems in the future regarding the installation.
Top bloke and highly recommended.

Must have been one of the easiest installations on record.

I'd spend at least an hour just performing a site signal survey before any of the installation work.

It's pleasing to hear you are a satisfied customer though.

#27 beeblebrox

beeblebrox

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'd spend at least an hour just performing a site signal survey before any of the installation work.

Parts of the Northern suburbs.. very often the signal is so strong it doesn't matter what you put up you can get a result. in no time at all.. :)

Off my barbed wire fence next to my shed I get 65-75dBuV on every channel and pretty reasonable BER too..

There's some good installers out there.. then there are the rest that have no business doing it... We did a fix job last Friday, new antenna not working properly, installed by joe blogs poor signal and BER on all vhf channels, uhf non existent... Can't get the installer back has disappeared. Another company goes out recommends a booster but can't make it work so shrugs his shoulders packs up and goes home. Anyway we get the call .... Well a change antenna for a log, and nothing else, fixes all the ber issues, with vhf good strength but uhf lowish ... then move the antenna 1.5mtrs (after site test) and uhf improves by 10dBuV.. gee it's amazing what happens when you do a site test... I never cease to be amazed by the crud out there.

#28 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

There's some good installers out there.. then there are the rest that have no business doing it... I never cease to be amazed by the crud out there.

Very True words 'beeblebrox' I totally agree with you on this one ;)

Cheer's

Baja

#29 softel

softel

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'll tell a lie.
He was there for at least 2 hours as we were chatting about this/that while he was working.