• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#126 andys

andys

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

I see there is a new 1016.3 firmware released October 7 too. To try or not to try...

Maybe have a look over at the AVS forum & see if there's any references to the 1016 fw there. There's been about 3 fw updates to date with no-one reporting any issues. I think Samsung learnt a lot about stuffing around too much with fw last year with the C7000. Up to you though. I'm not updating atm as I have no issues and would prefer to know exactly what the fw update is addressing. I think os they're actually up to about version 1020. Samsung Australia is a little behind, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Let us know how you get on.

Andys.

#127 gregj23

gregj23

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

Has anyone successfully enabled the advanced calibration features on the D8000? I keep reading about 'cal-day' and 'cal-night' options, and from what I can tell the way to enable these is to bring up the advanced calibration menu. From reading AVS, it appears that the way to do this is to turn the panel off, and then hit mute-1-8-2-power. I've tried that, and the menu doesn't come up for me. I'm using the most recent firmware. Is there a trick to this?

#128 Tiles

Tiles

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Has anyone successfully enabled the advanced calibration features on the D8000? I keep reading about 'cal-day' and 'cal-night' options, and from what I can tell the way to enable these is to bring up the advanced calibration menu. From reading AVS, it appears that the way to do this is to turn the panel off, and then hit mute-1-8-2-power. I've tried that, and the menu doesn't come up for me. I'm using the most recent firmware. Is there a trick to this?

I'm pretty sure the cal day/night settings are only for US models. I can't remember but to get in the aus service menu, when the tv is in standby mode (already switched off) off the top of my head I think you press maybe info menu mute and then the power button. When the tv switches on the service menu should be onscreen.

I would strongly suggest not going in there but if you do definately don't change anything. You can easily brick your tv. Pretty sure from memory it resets all your picture settings too.

#129 gregj23

gregj23

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'm pretty sure the cal day/night settings are only for US models. I can't remember but to get in the aus service menu, when the tv is in standby mode (already switched off) off the top of my head I think you press maybe info menu mute and then the power button. When the tv switches on the service menu should be onscreen.

I would strongly suggest not going in there but if you do definately don't change anything. You can easily brick your tv. Pretty sure from memory it resets all your picture settings too.

Thanks for that.

I found the service menu only to also find that the 'expert' menu is greyed out and not accessible, and this is the one you need to access to enable cal-day and cal-night. Such is life. You're right, about reset - once I exited the service menu all my picture settings had to be re-entered. No big deal though.

#130 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 12,059 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

I have said this before, you dont need any special settings, just calibrate the "Standard" mode for day viewing and the "Movie" mode for night.

#131 miata

miata

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

SPAM REPORTED

#132 Donny05

Donny05

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Samsung qwerty remote RMC-QTD1 is compatible with the PS59D6900 Samsung plasma ???

Cheers, Jason

#133 andys

andys

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Samsung qwerty remote RMC-QTD1 is compatible with the PS59D6900 Samsung plasma ???

Cheers, Jason

No. The only plasma it's compatible with is the D8000.

Andys.

#134 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Anyone know how to check the panel hours?