Need Installer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mobius888

mobius888

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

After an installer to replace my current antenna (IF possible with my own supplied one) and maybe all my cabling (3 Points)

Also be a bonus if they could mount a 32" LCD on a wall with the cables hidden.

Cheers.

#2 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

After an installer to replace my current antenna (IF possible with my own supplied one) and maybe all my cabling (3 Points)

Cheers.

May be able to help.... working in the area later this coming week.

Need more info on what you currently have.. type of antenna mount, what antenna you have to be installed (will only install an antenna specifically designed for digital channels... eg: 6-12 & UHF with no warranty on antenna if I don't supply it).

Rowville is generally an excellent signal area, but can have multipath & overloading issues from strong out-of-band signals, so the correct antenna is important.

Do you have a clear line of sight to the transmission towers?

Do you currently have a fully-shielded F type splitter?

Any particular reason why you think all your cabling may need replacing.... eg: reception issues?

Ease of access to roof, ceiling and walls?

Single or two storey?

Tiled or metal roof?

Brick veneer or other?

Are you also supplying the LCD wall mount bracket?

Is the TV mounting location on an internal or external wall?

Is there an existing cavity to run cables to the wall mount TV?

What cables require to be hidden... just antenna, or are there audio/video, HDMI, etc?

If yes, are the other ends of the cables already installed, if not, details of where they need to go?

Is there a power outlet already in place behind where the TV is to be mounted?

Lots of variables in there.... the more info the better.

PM me if I can help further.

#3 bellotv

bellotv

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

Cheers.

At the end of the day, you will get a better job if the installer supplies all them equipment themselves.

CORRECT lengths of cable can be pulled off the reel and clipped to every point avoiding the often miss-calculation that occurs when estimated lengths are supplied.Un-necessary joins to extend that extra meter result in extra signal loses ,cost of joiners and labor.

Quality cable that easily mates with one's connectors will reduce labor time .Often cheaper unboneded cable is suplied that makes connector fitting ridiculously time consuming and results in poor termination

COMPRESSION FITTINGS that suit the installers tool will be fitted giving the best connector to cable connection avoiding the usual "twist ons" .This results in a first class job and reduced labor cost as normally occurs in having to deal with typical DIY products.

WALL OUTLETS that "match" your existing ones with F-PAL mechs will give an installer job the edge and not using saddle screw DIY types will result in a job that appeases "Australian standards".

ANTENNAS are chosen onsite by the installer by testing with digital field strength meters to determine the best choice in every situation.
9 out of 10 times ,the antenna supplied by a customer is either totally the wrong type or provides inferior performance to one that they would select.

When the installer supplies all the gear, they are confident it will all work. :)

When the installer does not supply all the gear, there will be no guarantee on the final job. :o

The installer will probably be pissed off that the job took longer than it should . :angry:

The installer will probably be pissed off that some large franchise company made all the profit on the supplied equipment and not them. :angry2:

Good will in this type of job is 0

Anyway

Try Beeblebox a forum member or my old mate Brendan Holmes at Screen antennas Frankston 0419 358 353 .

#4 mobius888

mobius888

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

At the end of the day, you will get a better job if the installer supplies all them equipment themselves.

Try Beeblebox a forum member or my old mate Brendan Holmes at Screen antennas Frankston 0419 358 353 .

I'm more then happy for the installer to supply the antenna, if my one is the incorrect one.

Just hoping i could make use of the one i purchased, before i changed my mind about doing the job myself :)

Anyway i PM'ed MTV, well also contact Beeblebox.

#5 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Anyway i PM'ed MTV, well also contact Beeblebox.

You might need to check you sent the PM, as I haven't received it.

#6 mobius888

mobius888

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

You might need to check you sent the PM, as I haven't received it.

Just re-sent it.

#7 David Kosonen

David Kosonen

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

Hi Mobius888
If you have not sorted your intallation, i recommend Melbourne TV Antennas www.melbournetvantennas.com.au.
They have a 10 year warranty and they do both Antennas and TV wall mounting.
Plus they also use Australian made Antennas :D