• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Juffa

Juffa

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

I know a number of you are aware of the Pioneer Online store. Just wanted to let those that weren't aware that Pioneer have just updated their receiver page. They now have a number of LX series receivers availale. Including LX52, LX60, KX71, LX72 and LX82. Not the greatest prices on the LX82 at $1999, given that RIO (and others) are selling the LX83 for $2199.
link==>> https://web1.pioneer...oenix.nsf/Index

Another place that I suggest checking is the Harvey Norman Clearance Centre at the corner of Dandenong-Franskston and Greens Rds in Dandenong South (Melb). They have a number of Pioneer receivers, including 1 or 2 LX-73s for $1173 and VSX-1020 and VSX-920 at discounted prices. They also have a number of Yamaha, Marantz and Denon receivers.

The Pioneer and Yamaha units are factory returns, hence the discounted prices. I am not sure if the Marantz or Denon units are factory returns. They also have speakers, and other components such as the LG Blu ray, with HDD. Some bargins to be had.

PS I picked up one of the LX-73s

Enjoy.

Edited by Juffa, 25 May 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#2 diesel

diesel

AV Forum Member

• 13,787 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Does the HN Factory Outlet have a website?

This is exactly what I am looking for...

Also, it must mean that the new range of receivers are about to be released in Australia?????

Edited by diesel, 25 May 2011 - 10:48 PM.

#3 Juffa

Juffa

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

Does the HN Factory Outlet have a website?

This is exactly what I am looking for...

Also, it must mean that the new range of receivers are about to be released in Australia?????

Hi Diesel,

No website for HN Factory Outlet. Their phone number is 9706 7293. I spoke to Martin.

#4 Juffa

Juffa

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

Jut come back from picking up my Pio LX-73 from the Harvey Norman clearance centre :)

Last Sunday they had 3 of these in store, plus one demo. They now only the demo left....I wonder how many from this forum are now the proud owners of an LX-73...

They still have plenty of VSX-1020s at $748, and VSX-920..and other models......and not to forget the Yamaha, Marantz and Denon receivers.

Also Kilpsch 2 way floor standing speakers at $499 (were $1299)....and many others.

#5 diesel

diesel

AV Forum Member

• 13,787 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Damn. Between this store and Pana sales store (both in Melbourne) I could've had my new HT setup with 65" screen, VSX-1020 and new speakers for ~$2600 :(

#6 Juffa

Juffa

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

So, I visited the Harvey Norman Electical Discount outlet today.....(see first post for address).

7 X Pioneer SC-LX73 receivers - $1173

1 X Pioneer SC-LX90 Amp - $5499

A few Pioneer BDP-LX54 Blu-ray players $288 (I think)

A number of other Pioneer Receivers, as well as Harmon Kardon, Yamaha and Marantz receivers.

Last time I mentioned the LX73s they were gone in around 2 days......don't miss out.

#7 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

anything better than $1099 for a cherry, sealed, SR6005 ?

#8 Juffa

Juffa

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

Was at the clearance centre on 23 December. They had 13 SC-LX73 receivers at $960 and 5 or so SC-LX83 receivers at $1640....Bargin prices!!

#9 tariq.k

tariq.k

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

I just bought a Marantz NR1501 from HN for $580

Edited by tariq.k, 02 January 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#10 ekkaj

ekkaj

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

I went to the clearance centre yesterday to check out the SC-LX83. They still had a few there for $1,614 - couldn't resist and picked one up.

They also had 2 or 3 SC-LX82's for sale at around $1,150.

Now need to sell my SC-LX71.

#11 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Are there any of these clearance centres in Sydney?

#12 Vieira4

Vieira4

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Are there any of these clearance centres in Sydney?

There is a clearance centre across the road from the Auburn HN store but trust me don't bother.

#13 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I see.

I just checked the pioneer website and they have 21 SC-LX73s refurbished selling at $976 each with "March Discount" + postage. 3D ready also so at a glance looks equivalent to the current SC-LX75. The 83 works out to be $1678 + postage.

The 73 seems like a bargain but with that many are they likely to further discount? Anyone bought from pioneer online before?

Very tempting!

#14 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well with only one day of the sale left with an extra $110 off I decided to take the plunge and bought the SC-LX73 from Pioneer online for a total cost of $975.60 with full Pioneer warranty and to my surprise included freight from Vic to NSW. I also couldn't see a lot of difference to the newer LX75 model with the exception of some additional features in the 75. I read somewhere that someone felt their LX73 sounded better.

The online purchase system was very straightforward and generated a couple of emails, one with order confirmation/invoice and the other to login online to check order details and print invoice. Now I will just sit back and wait for the knock on the door. Anyway I think it will be a great upgrade from my old LX60.

I notice there are still 14 LX73s left down from the 21 since I last posted so they seem to be going relatively quickly so I would think quick. The sale also ends tomorrow and the price will go up so I have been told.

Edited by don, 30 March 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#15 cooksta

cooksta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well with only one day of the sale left with an extra $110 off I decided to take the plunge and bought the SC-LX73 from Pioneer online for a total cost of $975.60 with full Pioneer warranty and to my surprise included freight from Vic to NSW. I also couldn't see a lot of difference to the newer LX75 model with the exception of some additional features in the 75. I read somewhere that someone felt their LX73 sounded better.

The LX75/85 dont use the B&o ice power amps anymore, PIoneers own class D in the current models.
Have the 85 myself and would be surprised if there's a lot of difference sound wise between the 3&5 series; having said that excellent price for the 73.

#16 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I noticed that the Pioneer online store sold about a dozen refurbished LX73's today. Snatched one for myself for the same that Don paid ($975.60 - the March 10% off deal has been extended for April).

Only 4 left...

Edited by cashflag, 06 April 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#17 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, I notice they have sold a lot and still a bargain price when you consider other online prices. Mine arrived last Weds week in good order. Looks like brand new with the exception of the underside of the remote. Power cord was also missing but I have plenty of them.

I ran the MCACC and it was quite clever telling me that I had two of my speakers reversed. I was also impressed that when turning off my projector it was clever enough to turn itself off and the blu ray player.

I haven't had a good chance to really test the sound yet but so far so good. I am keen to see what these B&O Ice amps can really do. They certainly run noticeably cooler. Also need to remember to turn of the video conversion for 3D content, otherwise produces a little snow. 2D content is fine.

Edited by don, 11 April 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#18 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Good to hear, don. Looks like they put up another half-dozen units for sale when the last batch sold out.

Still no shipping notice or order status update on the website for me. I'm leaving town early next week and it would be nice if they could get it to me by then!

Not to mention I'm moving house and setting up the new HT this w/end. Oh well, I'll just have to wire up my old VSX-AX2AS and then transfer everything across when it arrives...

Keep us posted on your impressions, don!

#19 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Mine arrived in thee days to Sydney with no shipping notice so unless you are on the other side of the planet it should be there any moment.

I just checked and it looks to me they are down to 3 refurbished SC-LX73s and 4 scratch/dented ones.

The VSX-AX2AS was a very good machine and good sound. I had the VSX-AX4AS many years ago before upgrading to the LX60. So far I don't hear a lot of difference to my LX-60 but I will have to try to give it a good crank this weekend. :)

#20 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

....Also need to remember to turn of the video conversion for 3D content, otherwise produces a little snow. 2D content is fine.

Found the snow problem to be a clipsal plate HDMI connector so had to bypass and plug directly into the receiver & no problem. For what its worth ran video conversion on with 1080p/24 fps. Not sure if I could see the difference.

Otherwise I haven't found an HDMI connector that can work with 3D, although my cable to the projector is 10 m so could also be getting a bit lossey with the connector.

Watched Twilight Breaking Dawn in DTS-HD 7.1 and the Three Musketeers in 3D & both sounded great on the SC-LX73 though probably reaching the limit of my speakers. Twilight has a great sound track .

So cashflag, did your SC-LX73 show up?

Edited by don, 16 April 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#21 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

So cashflag, did your SC-LX73 show up?

I'm still waiting, don.

While the order was created on the 5th, I see they didn't grab the funds until the 10th (after the Easter weekend, fair enough). Still, that was almost a week ago, now, and while I'm in Perth, I've had previous deliveries from Pioneer arrive quite quickly.

I'm leaving town for a week as of noon tomorrow so fingers crossed it arrives before then!

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your unit, don. Please continue to share your observations.

#22 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well, I ended up getting it delivered that very night. No signs of wear and tear on the unit or remote.

I only had enough time to quickly wire up all the speakers and run the basic calibration. Unfortunately, I had to wait until the next morning before I could test it at any sorta reasonable volume. Definitely a step up from my old AX2AS.

Can't wait to get back and really have a fiddle (ooh my!) but I'm quite pleased with those brief first impressions.

#23 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

That's good to hear, I guess the Easter Weekend and long trip to Perth led to the delay.

I notice there is no more refurbished SC-LX73s listed so lots of lucky owners out their. Still some scratch and dent ones left but extra $600.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts. I am planning to get my old 3-way Peerless speakers out to do a real test, just have to get the woofers re-coned. They are 10" and really rock!

#24 cashflag

cashflag

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well, I managed to squeeze about 4 hours of combined use out of my refurbished receiver before it stopped recognising HDMI devices on the rear inputs (the front still works) and spontaneously developed constant but fluctuating static in the front right channel.

I've done everything I can think of to troubleshoot these problems so I'll be calling Pioneer's support centre first thing in the morning.

#25 don

don

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

That sounds like a real bugga :(

I haven't had any problems with mine after many many hours of use.

Edited by don, 27 April 2012 - 08:22 PM.