10 replies to this topic

#1 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Got this today for $22 in Big W.

Only played one song so far but looks pretty good. Much better than an ACDC Music DVD I bought from JB last year which was just old footage and absolute rubbish.

#2 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Got this today for $22 in Big W.

Only played one song so far but looks pretty good. Much better than an ACDC Music DVD I bought from JB last year which was just old footage and absolute rubbish.

Well played the whole thiing now. All I can say is ......if you like AC/DC then buy this. Put it in stereo mode and crank up your sub and you will think you are at a concert.

#3 DenonCi

DenonCi

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Is it a BD or a DVD!, I dad has two AC/DC on BD.

#4 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Is it a BD or a DVD!, I dad has two AC/DC on BD.

I did not mention that it was BD because I put it in the Blu Ray Discs Review thread. But yes a BD. I nearly bought it in the local record shop for $35 then saw it in Big W. Big W have some really good prices sometimes on special and no postage fees. I got Quantam of Solace for $16 about 2 weeks ago.

cheers

#5 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,650 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

will grab it next time they have a sale at JB I think

#6 malewis

malewis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Just had this delivered from Amazon today for 11 quid (free shipping in a bundle) for my 10 year old who's obsessed with the band. Just hoping that the language and sexual references aren't too bad - but they probably hear worse at school :o

With a 10 year old and a 12 year old it's getting hard to know what's OK these days and how fast to introduce them to the language and sex - we're sitting at Scott Pilgrim level for now but Fast & Furious isn't far away :P

Cheers

Martin

#7 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

Just had this delivered from Amazon today for 11 quid (free shipping in a bundle) for my 10 year old who's obsessed with the band. Just hoping that the language and sexual references aren't too bad - but they probably hear worse at school :o

With a 10 year old and a 12 year old it's getting hard to know what's OK these days and how fast to introduce them to the language and sex - we're sitting at Scott Pilgrim level for now but Fast & Furious isn't far away :P

Cheers

Martin

No need to worry mate, not one swear word at all. And i would imagine he would be too young to realise what "The Jack" means or who "Rosie" may be or what her claim to fame is ;) :)

Edited by birdyblitz, 25 May 2011 - 03:11 AM.

#8 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

No need to worry mate, not one swear word at all. And i would imagine he would be too young to realise what "The Jack" means or who "Rosie" may be or what her claim to fame is ;) :)

I agree I think there are a lot of other bands that the kids love with worse language. My boy loves a song called Dynamite which has the F word in it. Its a great song but you would think they would release a clean radio version of it.

The AC/DC BD is ok for my 10 year old and I am fairly conservative.

#9 Peter_M

Peter_M

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Well played the whole thiing now. All I can say is ......if you like AC/DC then buy this. Put it in stereo mode and crank up your sub and you will think you are at a concert.

Why "stereo"? I would have thought the DTS MA 5.1 soundtrack would give a more realistic concert experience?

Peter

#10 Mr_Independent

Mr_Independent

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Why "stereo"? I would have thought the DTS MA 5.1 soundtrack would give a more realistic concert experience?

Peter

Unfortunately it is only in DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 No master audio (Which was disapointing)
Although a great concert either way you see it or hear it...

#11 dan76n

dan76n

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

<!--quoteo(post=1723971:date=Jul 22 2011, 07&#58;19 PM:name=Peter_M)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Peter_M &#064; Jul 22 2011, 07&#58;19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&amp;pid=1723971"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why "stereo"? I would have thought the DTS MA 5.1 soundtrack would give a more realistic concert experience?

Peter<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Unfortunately it is only in DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 No master audio (Which was disapointing)
Although a great concert either way you see it or hear it...

A little old this thread but for those who are looking at this Bluray it's actually got a 5.1 LPCM soundtrack on it. (well my copy does)