36 replies to this topic

#26 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

cheers i did read that after i posted,
i am ordering my tomorrow from a local shop near me, and i have the local warranty too.

#27 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,555 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

cheers i did read that after i posted,
i am ordering my tomorrow from a local shop near me, and i have the local warranty too.

Make sure it is well ventilated mate as they do run very warm............

#28 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

will do mate, thanks for the tip

this is the rack i have, it will going in the bottom shelf, where my 5300es currently is

http://www.selbyacou...amp;i=250829366

#29 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

ordered today, hopefully have in a couple of weeks, does anyone else have this reciever?

#30 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

well look what i got today, early birthday present to myself

http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=95871

bought locally too.

Edited by browny, 27 September 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#31 Quark

Quark

AV Forum Member

• 3,678 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

well look what i got today, early birthday present to myself

http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=95871

bought locally too.

Well done - look forward to some feedback on how it performs.

By now we can assume that you've got everything plugged in, Audyssey set up done and applied custom names to each input. :lol:

On a serious note, enjoy! :D

#32 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Well done - look forward to some feedback on how it performs.

By now we can assume that you've got everything plugged in, Audyssey set up done and applied custom names to each input. :lol:

On a serious note, enjoy! :D

will do, for the feedback and enjoying it too :D

as for plugging in and setting up, i really wanted to tonight, had to being a heap of work home with me tonight to do because i didnt do it today, damn instruction manual kept getting in the way of my work :P

will maybe have a go friday night at setting up, but would like to do it when sober :lol: so it will probably be done on sunday after the afl final on saturday, where a few beverages will more than likely be downed :D:

#33 hoffho

hoffho

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Paid $7900 HKD for it from Michael's Audio, Shop 10, Basement, Prosperity Bldg
6E Nelson St, Mongkok.

+1 recommendation for this place. My brother went there last month and got it for $7,750 (~A$1,020). They opened it for testing before repacking it. It weights about 21kg and no problem on the plane trip. Been enjoying it for 2 weeks now. Much improved over my trusty old Yammy RX-V657.

#34 Markybee

Markybee

AV Forum Member

• 20 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

G'day All. Newbie to the forum

I've been recommended this amp but havent had the chance to hear what is sounds like with the speaker package I'm buying.

I am hopefully buying a 5.1 psb Image T6 set up but have only heard it running with a Aventage RX-A3000 and denon (2311 from memory)...Neither of these stores could recommend the 809....The aventage sounded much better than the denon but I have to buy my gear through JB hifi as an insurance pay out after I was robbed 6 weeks ago.

How does the 809 it compare to the Aventage AMP..... Any feed back will be greatly appreciated thanks. I can get the Onky cheaply but after spending $3000 on the speakers need to limit the amount I spend on an amp... i.e $1500 MAX

thanks and look forward to your replies

Oh I'm after an AV receiver that will easily power the psb T6 5.1 set up and the majority of use will be tv, ps3 hooked up to a 55" 3d bravia as well as apple tv with a 520 gb music collection also running through a media player pc....

Thanks

Mark :D

#35 katanagroove

katanagroove

AV Forum Member

• 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

I purchased this from Hardly Normal in Moorabbin VIC (Warrigal Rd, not South Rd). Paid $1495, should have it by Friday next week. They claimed that this was below what they pay for it (highly doubtful seeing as they said yes straight away and I didn't buy anything else at the same time).

I should've pressed harder for $1450. Now I just need to buy some speakers for it!

#36 Mullins_Y2k

Mullins_Y2k

AV Forum Member

• 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm still keen on this amp. I've seen it online from an aussie site at $1,335. not bad. Any new recommendations on where to pick up an aussie version cheap?
http://www.simplyele...pid=13804&AF=SB

Edited by Mullins_Y2k, 12 February 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#37 Alistair

Alistair

AV Forum Member

• 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'd like one too but not from Harvey Norman Fyshwick at $2495 - even JB would do one for $1800.