• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#26 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

I just traded Dragon Age Origin in toward Lego Star Wars. I think I'm on the outer when I say that DA2 for me is a more fun game. DA1 was ok but some parts of it were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard I had to leave the room to calm down.

#27 ajm

ajm

AV Forum Member

• 10,308 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

How do you get time ajm? Between work, home chores, family, I find playing any games is almost non existant. I bought a few for my PS3, actually did finish Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain and one or two others, but find now I haven't turned on the PS3 execpt to watch one movie in bed (as it is now in the bedroom) since Christmas.

I don't. That's why I'm only now starting #1 while others have got through #2 already.

#28 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

i know it doesn't mean much here but i'm on the final bowser level in yoshis island :D
i love handheld consoles :lol:

i wonder if i can con one of my Mothers Day presents ( ds and psp games ) out of the family early? :ninja:

well i beat it and now i have a bonus level to check out as soon as the ds recharges :rolleyes:

Edited by mcduck, 25 April 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#29 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,083 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

God of War II.

"Hard" really lives up to its' name............tempted to to Easy for some of the Boss battles, but I can't (since I know i'll be stuck on Easy for the rest of the game, so slowly getting through it..)

P.S.........had to go Easy (or was it Normal) for the final Boss battle in God of War I (I know.............the shame)..

#30 ajm

ajm

AV Forum Member

• 10,308 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

It's all Crysis 2 for me at the moment. The first FPS I've really been excited about in a long time.

#31 kaotica

kaotica

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

Just got portal 2, so no second guesses as to what i'll be playing for the next two weeks ;)

#32 nonny

nonny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Just got portal 2, so no second guesses as to what i'll be playing for the next two weeks ;)

Currently enjoying the GOW3 beta which is really fun. Also about halfway through Crysis2 and have Portal 2 to review next week.

In my backlog I've just got stuck into Fight Night Champion.

#33 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

just getting ready to start Final Fantasy 3 ds by default

#34 wjf

wjf

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Started playing Portal 2, stopped after a few levels and decided to go back and complete Portal 1. Started from scratch again and I'm now at level 18 of 19 on Portal 1.

NFS Shift 2 has been pushed aside until both Portals are done, and I keep telling myself I will get around to Enslaved: Odyssey To The West...but with Dirt 3 on the horizon who knows when I'll get around to it.

#35 davep

davep

AV Forum Member

• 3,506 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

make sure you dont stop at level 19, theres the whole rest of the game after that :) ... I hope thats not a spoiler.. meh you're at lvl 18 already anyway.

#36 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

Saw that Good Game gave Portal 2 the ultimate 20/20 score last night. Still waiting for my copy to arrive from o/s.

#37 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

Saw that Good Game gave Portal 2 the ultimate 20/20 score last night.

I don't think I've ever seen them mark anything low to be honest. They're very generous with their rubber chickens [*sic*].

#38 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

They were certainly quite glowing in their review on nearly every level, especially in terms of game design, character development and voice acting. But then again most critics are heaping praise on this game:

http://www.metacriti...ame/pc/portal-2

Edited by Felix., 27 April 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#39 Stera

Stera

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

How do you get time ajm? Between work, home chores, family, I find playing any games is almost non existant. I bought a few for my PS3, actually did finish Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain and one or two others, but find now I haven't turned on the PS3 execpt to watch one movie in bed (as it is now in the bedroom) since Christmas.

I hear you here!!
I find patches where you find spare time and spend hours at a time, then go months with nothing.
I feel bad not exercising and doing other stuff, but when you are on, you are on! ha!
Its good to have some 'me' time too!

I just traded Dragon Age Origin in toward Lego Star Wars. I think I'm on the outer when I say that DA2 for me is a more fun game. DA1 was ok but some parts of it were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard I had to leave the room to calm down.

haha... Leave the room to calm down - I like it and can relate also!

Going thru a hours at a time spell atm and am engaged with The BIGS2 - Good baseball game.
Looking to get onto AFL 2011 or FN Champion next (if someone is looking to offload).

#40 Mauler

Mauler

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Dragon age origins and I will move to dragon age 2. So far it's a great game looks good for an older game

#41 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Super Mario Brothers ds :rolleyes:
got to the last monster in FF3 and got my arse kicked <_<
takes too long to get back there from the last save, and i'm no longer a completionist :ninja:

omg, Mario turns giant :lol:

#42 Kriss

Kriss

AV Forum Member

• 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

I am playing Pokemon B&W.

#43 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Can't wait for LA Noire next Friday (20/5). I have to play this title Day 1 so went with a JB preorder rather than purchasing o/s. The Guardian newspaper in the UK breached the review publishing embargo and gave it a perfect score which has aroused a few suspicions. Though it was probably scored 5/5 just because the game flat out rocks.

http://www.vg247.com...-than-expected/

Don't you hate how game publishers have these review blackouts up til release day. Make's it a tough call on some games whether to pre-order and get a few bonuses or wait for the reviews to come out and maybe miss out on some of the pre-order goodies.

Edited by Felix., 14 May 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#44 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

Can't wait for LA Noire next Friday (20/5)

I'm with you Felix. I've made sure my better half has had enough info provided so she too is also hyped. Just makes the expense easier :lol:

#45 nonny

nonny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm with you Felix. I've made sure my better half has had enough info provided so she too is also hyped. Just makes the expense easier :lol:

All I can say personally is prepare for awesomeness. It's much slower paced than GTA or RDR with much less focus on action. I'm grabbing a copy day one as well but the short glimpse I've had of the game already utterly impressed me.

#46 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

It's much slower paced than GTA or RDR with much less focus on action.

That doesn't bother me at all nonny. I'm craving for something very different to the usual fare and I'm sure this one will deliver in spades from a developer of proven pedigree.

Edited by Felix., 14 May 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#47 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'm looking forward to LA Noire as well. I'm guessing the best price on day 1 may be around $79 (pre-order at Fishpond is $75) so is the extra DLC from the preorder at JB worth an extra $10-$15.

Has anyone looked at preordering at EB and pricematching on the day which would give you best price and DLC? Is that even possible?

#48 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Actually to answer the question - What am I currently playing....I'm really enjoying Bulletstorm. Now I'm not an online gamer so I had real reservations about this game (as the demo was crap TBH) but I must admit I am having a blast. The teen humour on display is a riot (How many d!ck jokes can you have in one game? Answer - there just aren't enough).

#49 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

i will definately be adding this game to my backlog*
Trine 2

http://www.bit-tech....ine-2-delayed/1

*it's doubled in size :o

edit

crap, looks like online, not console :(

Edited by mcduck, 18 May 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#50 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,722 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

i will definately be adding this game to my backlog*
Trine 2

http://www.bit-tech....ine-2-delayed/1

*it's doubled in size :o

edit

crap, looks like online, not console :(

Pretty sure the new Hyper said Trine 2 was on PSN and XBLA as well