Photo

Seaton Aussie Gb Review Thread................

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#151 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

Awesome stuff Yorac and I remember when all of us went for a walk to Roachys house to demo the Cat8's. When he play Pink Floydd they sounded absolutely brilliant....and they have that same Catalyst signature too since they use the same midrange and compression tweeter.

Also another thing I wanted to ask people on here, which program are you guys using on your submersives?....Ive got mine pressed in. I havent tried the out position yet though.

BTW- Yorac, when is there gonna be another GTG?...Had so much fun at the last one :)

Pressed in for me on both.

#152 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

22nd October after the AV show, will be at TCC new premises that are being secured and put together as we speak, will start a thread before the weekend is out in HT section mate........... B)

Yee haa!....How much would tickets be for that AV Show?

Cheers,

Pressed in for me on both.

Thanks mate :)

#153 findbuddha

findbuddha

AV Forums Member

• 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

I have a bunch of extra XLR cables / PowerCON cables and odd/ends you can have (If you need them) when you're ready.

I'm not allowed to PM yet, so I'm posting a reply here in the hope you'll see it...

Do you still have any Powercon cables you'd be willing to sell?

Thanks

#154 milka

milka

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

Gentlemen,

I had the great pleasure to transact a wire transfer for 3 x Seaton Catalysts (in Black Oak) this morning.

I'd like to thank Mark for his promptness in arranging the transaction for me at his end. Thanks to Blade for letting my have a listen to his fantastic setup a while back. I'd also like to thank the AUD for it's little rally back up above parity to around $1.05 (Westpac gave me 1.0147 - tightwads). Always nice to be paying less than the USD amount!

Feeling a little bit poor right now, but extremely happy that I can finally tick one of the real long term items off of my shopping list.

Cheers,
milka

#155 Drizt

Drizt

AV Forums Member

• 5,930 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Great stuff mate. Looking forward to seeing your pic's once they are installed. :)

#156 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forums Member

• 3,816 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Congratulations Milka I'm happy to hear you've finally ordered the Seaton Catalysts and look forward to reading your impressions.

Blade

#157 Htpc-online

Htpc-online

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Congrats on the purchase that is good news :)

Has anyone demo'd the Cat 12's and also the Cat 8's to compare the two?

Does Mark still sell the Cat 8's i couldn't find a link on his forum for them anymore.

#158 roachy

roachy

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

Congrats on the purchase that is good news :)

Has anyone demo'd the Cat 12's and also the Cat 8's to compare the two?

Does Mark still sell the Cat 8's i couldn't find a link on his forum for them anymore.

I demoed the CAT 12s at Blade's and ended up buying the CAT 8s. My listening space is a bit smallers than Blade's (4.7x4.0x2.7m) but I am absolutely blown away by my CAt 8s, I don't think I would gain any benefit from the CAT 12s in my room. The CAT 8s can be blisteringly loud, while the sound never breaks up at ridiculous volumes, they remain composed while having real slam. Audio memory is a very difficult thing but I put my CAT 8s at the same level as Blade's 12s. Everything I loved about the 12s is there in the 8s.

Edited by roachy, 27 October 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#159 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Gentlemen,

I had the great pleasure to transact a wire transfer for 3 x Seaton Catalysts (in Black Oak) this morning.

I'd like to thank Mark for his promptness in arranging the transaction for me at his end. Thanks to Blade for letting my have a listen to his fantastic setup a while back. I'd also like to thank the AUD for it's little rally back up above parity to around $1.05 (Westpac gave me 1.0147 - tightwads). Always nice to be paying less than the USD amount!

Feeling a little bit poor right now, but extremely happy that I can finally tick one of the real long term items off of my shopping list.

Cheers,
milka

If anyone is buying up big try aus forex. Bit of a muck around to join up with proof of id etc required but you will get a much better rate. Its what I used for my Submersives. Congrats on your purchase Milka. They sound like a great speaker pun intended :D

#160 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Just had the pleasure of a short visit to Roachy's where along with the Submersives he gave me a demo on some movies and music with the Cat 8's and have to say they are sounding brilliant, some lovely separation through music BR and SACD as well as The Eagles on HD DVD and that is with just over 50 hours on them, thanks Roachy appreciaed the listen........ B)

must resist, must resist. must resist.................. :rolleyes:

Don,t fight it Yorac, let the evil flow and give in to temptation

Buy some you will never regret it.

must resist......

#161 milka

milka

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

Gentlemen,

Cheers,
milka

My, how time flies! My CAT's are currently sitting at Fedex's depot in Derrimut, Victoria. I just received the notification that the "arrangement" for duties and taxes is required and that the Importer must agree to provide payment of duties and taxes. It's Christmas, you b@stards!

Can anyone remember what it is that we don't have to pay given the FTA with the US and the fact that these speakers are Manufactured in the US? I'm sure there was some aspect of the gouging that could be deflected. Just don't want to call Fedex and pay an amount in excess of what I am actually required to pay.

#162 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forums Member

• 3,816 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

My, how time flies! My CAT's are currently sitting at Fedex's depot in Derrimut, Victoria. I just received the notification that the "arrangement" for duties and taxes is required and that the Importer must agree to provide payment of duties and taxes. It's Christmas, you b@stards!

Can anyone remember what it is that we don't have to pay given the FTA with the US and the fact that these speakers are Manufactured in the US? I'm sure there was some aspect of the gouging that could be deflected. Just don't want to call Fedex and pay an amount in excess of what I am actually required to pay.

Hi Milka,

Whilst my shipment was slightly different (3 CAT's and 2 Sparks), the Duty was something like $1200:00AUD or thereabouts (from memory).

Exciting times!

Blade

#163 Quark

Quark

AV Forums Member

• 3,316 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Duty may not be payable under the FTA. There's some detailed links here.

#164 milka

milka

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hi Milka,

Whilst my shipment was slightly different (3 CAT's and 2 Sparks), the Duty was something like $1200:00AUD or thereabouts (from memory).

Exciting times!

Blade

G'day mate!

Ended up calling them up and they said it was $658.21. Didn't think that was too unreasonable, so I paid it. Have been hitting F5 ever since waiting for that wonderful "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" line to show up. Could be an early Christmas!

Cheers,
milka

#165 milka

milka

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Duty may not be payable under the FTA. There's some detailed links here.

Thanks for the link, Quark. Them's some very detailed links... err... gee... sort of a bit lost.

#166 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forums Member

• 3,816 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

G'day mate!

Ended up calling them up and they said it was $658.21. Didn't think that was too unreasonable, so I paid it. Have been hitting F5 ever since waiting for that wonderful "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" line to show up. Could be an early Christmas!

Cheers,
milka

Hey Milka,

Yep as soon as you see "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" then you will most certainly get it today/tomorrow (Most likely today).

I must say the duty fee was very reasonable.

Awesome news :D

Blade

#167 Quark

Quark

AV Forums Member

• 3,316 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the link, Quark. Them's some very detailed links... err... gee... sort of a bit lost.

I'll admit I CBFed checking what proportion had to be US manufactured (e.g. all components) to qualify for the duty exemption. :lol:

#168 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

Mate, I am sooo happy for you. I remember when you were asking questions about the Cats last year and you now almost have them.....How time does fly!. Cant wait to hear your opinion on them mate :)

I just watched Rise of the Apes last night and dialog in that movie was awesome on the Cats....crystal cleaar as always ;)

#169 Supa007

Supa007

AV Forums Member

• 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hey guys, I'm a new and proud owner of the Submersive. But I think I'm suffering grounding problem... LOUD HUM with the xlr cable connected at the back of sub. Mark suggested that I try another cable, anyone had the same prob that was fixed with a cable change? If so, where should I get it?

#170 Quark

Quark

AV Forums Member

• 3,316 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hey guys, I'm a new and proud owner of the Submersive. But I think I'm suffering grounding problem... LOUD HUM with the xlr cable connected at the back of sub. Mark suggested that I try another cable, anyone had the same prob that was fixed with a cable change? If so, where should I get it?

See post # 2028 here: http://www.dtvforum....mersive&st=2020

And post # 1976 here: http://www.dtvforum....mersive&st=1960

#171 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

I just watched Underworld:Awakening last night with the wife and a few friends.....Soundtrack is pretty bloody awesome. Had some pretty awesome LFE moment when the giant Lycan made his first appearance. Movie was pretty cool too :)

#172 minty

minty

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Slightly OT and I can't post links via iPhone, but if anyone has FB go to the Seaton page and like it and then check out Marks one off custom built "Devastator" sub. 300lb 7 feet tall beast! Lol.

Edited by seatonrocks, 20 June 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#173 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Saw that, its an absolute beast of a thing LOL!!!

#174 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

A few of the guys on AVS had a Subwoofer GTG just recently and Mark Seaton (Seaton Sound) and JTR (Jeff Permanian) also made an apperance and delivered some of the thier subwoofers and their speakers.

Mark Seaton bought 2 Submersive HP's and 1 x Submersive F2 and 2 Catalyst 8C's and Jeff bought his new Noesis 212 horn loaded speaker. There are also some youtube clips of the event as well. It's hilarious watching everyones reactions when they are hearing 3x Submersive HP's in action LOL!.

http://www.avsforum....-results-thread

Wish we had something like this here in AUS LOL!

#175 johnnydelva

johnnydelva

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

hi all,

just toying with the idea, but.... does anyone who has ordered the submersive sub recall the shipping cost for 1 unit? thanks