Photo

Bt At Kajak

• Please log in to reply
1202 replies to this topic

Poll: Blah (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe what I've said (Read post #1).

1. Yes (25 votes [64.10%])

Percentage of vote: 64.10%

2. No (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

Do you agree/disagree with what I've said (i.e. power cables do make a difference)

1. Agree (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

2. Disagree (23 votes [58.97%])

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

Do you have any of those killer type recordings in your collection

1. Yes (15 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. No (24 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1201 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,650 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

would love to have had a listen bbar if time permitted. This weekend has been a write off, and mext Saturday I have a 4 y.o. birthday party to host...but thereafter.

In any case good luck with it and interested to hear how you go.

#1202 bbar

bbar

AV Forum Member

• 6,893 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

hi bbar that wont be ABX in that case and wont be double blind, re cola test have a read to description including that example I posted in thread above. the pepsi challenge is a single blind test, not ABX or double blind.

the whole basis of ABX is the evaluator knows clearly which is A and which is B, theyre the reference samples. its X who the evaluator doesnt know the identity off and needs to compare back to A & B to decide. dont give them a chance of that and they wont have a hope in my opinion. even in pepsi challenge the evaluator can take as many sips of A and B to decide.

if the person conducting the test knows the identity of X while conducting the test it isnt double blind.

but again as mentioned you do whatever you see fit to come to your conclusions :) its what happens in the real world every day, be it just individuals or multi million dollar billion dollar businesses. people make all sorts of calls using what basis they see appropriate :)

It is therefore double blind as my wife will conduct the test and I will change the leads . This should fit definition of double blind.

Agree it is not ABX .

It is - Is A different or same as B and evaluator has no idea which is A and which is B

#1203 bbar

bbar

AV Forum Member

• 6,893 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

would love to have had a listen bbar if time permitted. This weekend has been a write off, and mext Saturday I have a 4 y.o. birthday party to host...but thereafter.

In any case good luck with it and interested to hear how you go.

Would have loved to have you here.

Am posting results in other thread as requested!

PS: May do it again and you will definitely be invited