#1 benz1980i

benz1980i

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Finally we have an official announcement

PSP2 information

Edited by benz1980i, 27 January 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Skid_MacMarx

Skid_MacMarx

AV Forum Member

• 8,928 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

The Register says its as powerful as a PS3.

Teaser Clip;

Edited by Skid_MacMarx, 28 January 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#3 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

Hahahaha oh Sony you do so love flogging a dead horse.

Oh and it's NGP....not NPG :P

#4 diesel

diesel

AV Forum Member

• 13,787 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

The specs are very good... Something like 4 times more powerful than any current handheld and nearly as powerful as the PS3.

But whether it can be as successful as the DS is unlikely. And given many people are getting smartphones which are getting very powerful and offer many of the same features, maybe by the time the NGP is released it'll be irrelevant?

#5 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

And given many people are getting smartphones which are getting very powerful and offer many of the same features, maybe by the time the NGP is released it'll be irrelevant?

That and the price, which knowing how the rest of this type of tech gets priced in this far flung hick country of ours it'll be way out of the ballpark for most.

#6 monicacochrane

monicacochrane

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

Sony amazes me all the time, a handheld nearly as powerful as PS3! Can't wait to play RPG games on it. With Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor (SGX543MP) Sony is taking handheld gaming to the next level!

#7 Purpleax

Purpleax

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

Sony amazes me all the time, a handheld nearly as powerful as PS3! Can't wait to play RPG games on it. With Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor (SGX543MP) Sony is taking handheld gaming to the next level!

Lets hope the pirates don't crack it and stop the game companies from developing for it like the situation with the current PSP.

I have had several PSP's over the years - they are awesome and have games that are meant for grownups. Just lack of support from game vendors due to the ease in which it gets cracked every release makes it a fizzer.

#8 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,736 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

Lets hope the pirates don't crack it and stop the game companies from developing for it like the situation with the current PSP.

I have had several PSP's over the years - they are awesome and have games that are meant for grownups. Just lack of support from game vendors due to the ease in which it gets cracked every release makes it a fizzer.

What about the HOMEBREWZ man?
And the "sick" APPZ like Emulators and Pong???

I mean, isnt that why all gaming machines are cracked and hacked? Thats what I've been lead to believe... on this very forum too!

#9 monicacochrane

monicacochrane

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Yeah lets hope that game companies will find a solution like a login system to a game that would allow you to connect to your online account. Like what they did in Starcraft II, although pirates still found a way to crack the campaign but battle.net is still 100% genuine. Playing online on a handheld might be a bit troublesome for others but a 1 time IP verification might solve the issue.

#10 windeath

windeath

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

I 100% agree that pirating is bad blah blah but on the whole what would be the overall number of people that actually go to all the hastle of hacking/cracking a system? The largest group of people purchasing any handheld/console would be your mums and dads and they'd have no clue as to what the hell all this hacking talk was about. Those of us in the know that are aware of and have the know how wouldn't be 50% of the total number of units sold.

I hate hearing of people using this tech for evil and not good (I own all three modern consoles and not one is hacked or modified) but alas have zero interest in the handhelds. Mind you this new Sony offering may sway me....although I hope they update/change the UI as it sucks.

#11 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,736 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

I 100% agree that pirating is bad blah blah but on the whole what would be the overall number of people that actually go to all the hastle of hacking/cracking a system? The largest group of people purchasing any handheld/console would be your mums and dads and they'd have no clue as to what the hell all this hacking talk was about. Those of us in the know that are aware of and have the know how wouldn't be 50% of the total number of units sold.

I hate hearing of people using this tech for evil and not good (I own all three modern consoles and not one is hacked or modified) but alas have zero interest in the handhelds. Mind you this new Sony offering may sway me....although I hope they update/change the UI as it sucks.

With the handhelds I kinda disagree with you there deathy - its quite common to see young kids with R4-type cards in their DS machines. More common than the ones who have actual games. I hate to say this, but everyone I know with a DS (about 10 or so people) have R4 or similar cards - I know its not the best scientific study, but I can only go on what I see

And a trip to HK - wow - everyone has a DS with them too!

I hate to admit this, but my Wii has been hacked. I played a few games on it (surprise, surprise hacking didnt make the machine better or the crap games all of a sudden good) and I tried a few emulators (which were rubbish) and then thats it. I havent used the machine for almost a year. The only ONLY good thing the hacking did was it allowed me to play my US copy of House of the Dead 2/3 after Nintendo blocked my Freeloader from working

#12 ajm

ajm

AV Forum Member

• 10,308 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

With the handhelds I kinda disagree with you there deathy - its quite common to see young kids with R4-type cards in their DS machines. More common than the ones who have actual games. I hate to say this, but everyone I know with a DS (about 10 or so people) have R4 or similar cards - I know its not the best scientific study, but I can only go on what I see

And a trip to HK - wow - everyone has a DS with them too!

I hate to admit this, but my Wii has been hacked. I played a few games on it (surprise, surprise hacking didnt make the machine better or the crap games all of a sudden good) and I tried a few emulators (which were rubbish) and then thats it. I havent used the machine for almost a year. The only ONLY good thing the hacking did was it allowed me to play my US copy of House of the Dead 2/3 after Nintendo blocked my Freeloader from working

Hacking hardly seems to have hurt the sale of DS or Wii consoles or games though has it?

#13 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,736 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hacking hardly seems to have hurt the sale of DS or Wii consoles or games though has it?

Consoles no

And the "top" echelon of games - no

But have you noticed the lack of decent third party games on the DS lately? There is NONE of that core stuff we had a few years ago - its all petz and cheaply made junk. And the less we mention about Wii games the better...

I read somewhere (and bloody cant remember where, so take this with a grain of salt) that a lot of the core third parties have completely ditched the DS as a platform (perhaps due to 3DS, but its still an alarming trend)

#14 Purpleax

Purpleax

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

I think it has been widely speculated that the failure of the PSP console was due to the game companies not wanting to develop for it due to piracy.

Piracy on the PSP is very easy. I dont know anyone that has a PSP who hasnt cracked it. Not to get into the hombrew debate again, but I would say that the homebrew justification is applicable to 0.5% of the total cracked consoles.

The Nintendo Console do well I think because Nintendo are the main game developer.

#15 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,736 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

I think it has been widely speculated that the failure of the PSP console was due to the game companies not wanting to develop for it due to piracy.

Piracy on the PSP is very easy. I dont know anyone that has a PSP who hasnt cracked it. Not to get into the hombrew debate again, but I would say that the homebrew justification is applicable to 0.5% of the total cracked consoles.

The Nintendo Console do well I think because Nintendo are the main game developer.

I havent cracked my PSP yet - but I saw some program on the net last week that lets you play certain games with no huge modification to anything

#16 monicacochrane

monicacochrane

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

PSP games are such an easy target for pirates because in comparison to other formats, they are such small files.

#17 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

the new PSP, will it be backwards compatible?

and um, apart from looks, size and memory, what's the difference between the PSP 3000 and the PSP touch and go?

edit
don't matter :D
i'm going to get a new NGP for Christmas ( i couldn't hold out for the DS :rolleyes: )

copy and paste
With all the amazing news coming in about the “Next Generation Portable” at the PlayStation Meeting 2011, you’d be forgiven for forgetting the original PSP even existed.
Luckily, you’ll remember as soon as you start playing your PSP games on the NGP.

http://playstationli...rds-compatible/

Edited by mcduck, 18 April 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#18 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

http://www.ebgames.c...h?platform=vita

i notice eb have 2 versions for pre order
i was thinking about it
i know the psp go is for downloadable games only
i was told today by someone in a gaming store that the Vita was going to be for downloadable games only? :(
i thought it would be more like the PSP and PSP Go?

#19 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,736 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...h?platform=vita

i notice eb have 2 versions for pre order
i was thinking about it
i know the psp go is for downloadable games only
i was told today by someone in a gaming store that the Vita was going to be for downloadable games only? :(
i thought it would be more like the PSP and PSP Go?

Not true McD - while it will support downloads, the games will also come on "flash" type cards

Something easy for the Chinese pirates to duplicate so the next time I go back there I can buy a whole lotta cheap games...
or not, since I never bought any X360 games while over there (I did get some Wii games - 40c a game!)

#20 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Thanks for that ^_^
nice to know i'm not that clueless :lol:

#21 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,736 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for that ^_^
nice to know i'm not that clueless :lol:

You're anything but - knowledge is power!!

#22 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

yep, english :rolleyes:

#23 mcduck

mcduck

AV Forum Member

• 15,207 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

i'm in :rolleyes:
little deviants, how cute are these? ^_^
http://au.psp.ign.co...8001454863.html

edit

BC or not BC? that is the question

http://psvitaupdate....vepspgames.html

Edited by mcduck, 04 July 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#24 Kazz

Kazz

AV Forum Member

• 9,185 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

i'm in :rolleyes:
little deviants, how cute are these? ^_^
http://au.psp.ign.co...8001454863.html

edit

BC or not BC? that is the question

http://psvitaupdate....vepspgames.html

BC for downloadable games.

fully backwards compatible with all PSP, minis, and psone original games for download on PSN

Edit: but I want one :ninja:

Edited by Kazz, 04 July 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#25 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Edit: but I want one :ninja:

me too, if for no other reason than to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss...the hopeless Uncharted fanboi that I am.