Photo

Now That We Have 7mate And 7two, Sth Cross Should Change To 7 And Win To 9!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tazguy

tazguy

AV Forum Member

• 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:10 AM

Seriously, Southern Cross and Win need to do a name change ASAP in Tassie, especially Hobart, being a capitol. SX for sure would gain since it would then have obvious ties to the other two "7" channels. I brought this up a while ago but now it is even more relivant I think. Southern Cross 10 exists, why not SX 7 but drop the SX on screen. They would save a ton of $$ not having to do their own promos on top of 7 and 9.

Just my 2 cents. Any other opinions?

#2 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,587 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

Yerp ... then you can concentrate on spellin' like a capitol sity (as ophosed to a reginal die-a-licked)

#3 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

They did talk about doing this a few years back. Obviously the cost of paying 7 to use their trade mark is higher than the cost of producing their own program promo's or deleting any mention of 7 from the end of the ones they get from the mainland.

#4 ozjad

ozjad

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

bruce gordon is such a stubborn old **** that he would never change his precious WIN brand to 9. There would be more chance of 9 changing to WIN.
Southern Cross changing their branding to Southern Cross Seven is a question of when rather than if. i doubt there is a issue over the trademark of "7" stopping them, i would say the issue is how long they think they can get away broadcasting 10's AFL. They cant call themselves 7 when they show 10's footy. This would be the only factor stopping them.

#5 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

bruce gordon is such a stubborn old **** that he would never change his precious WIN brand to 9. There would be more chance of 9 changing to WIN.
Southern Cross changing their branding to Southern Cross Seven is a question of when rather than if. i doubt there is a issue over the trademark of "7" stopping them, i would say the issue is how long they think they can get away broadcasting 10's AFL. They cant call themselves 7 when they show 10's footy. This would be the only factor stopping them.

Would it have been better if Southern Cross sells Darwin, Central, SA and Tassie stations to the Seven Network and hope that WIN and PBL media sell the shares in TDT and DDT and then assume full control of TDT and DDT as SC Ten stations in Tassie and Darwin? would that be possible?

#6 newtaste

newtaste

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

Would it have been better if Southern Cross sells Darwin, Central, SA and Tassie stations to the Seven Network and hope that WIN and PBL media sell the shares in TDT and DDT and then assume full control of TDT and DDT as SC Ten stations in Tassie and Darwin? would that be possible?

Impossible while the 75% audience reach limit is still law. Seven is almost at the limit now.