Alien - Prequel

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#1 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forum Member

• 3,817 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

The link says it all. I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what comes of this idea. It sounds like a true Prequel and not just another attempt to squeeze the life-blood from the franchise.

If anyone can pull it off, it's Ridley Scott.

Alien Prequel #1

Alien Prequel #2

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR, 17 January 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#2 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

The link says it all. I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what comes of this idea. It sounds like a true Prequel and not just another attempt to squeeze the life-blood from the franchise.

If anyone can pull it off, it's Ridley Scott.

Alien Prequel

Blade

Yeah well spotted, sounds pretty sweet... for now. ;)

JSmith :ninja:

#3 Fouler

Fouler

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Smart move to start again. Hearing the Alien squeal and accompanying sound of a machine gun as lost its fear factor.

As the first link said AvP delivered the coup de grāce - with a sledgehammer.

#4 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,101 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

I just want something higher than a PG-13 rating (I think the original idea was going to be rated this low) & no Angelina Jolie..........as that just screams "selling out to the younger (biggest) market".

#5 The D-Train

The D-Train

AV Forum Member

• 5,532 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

as long as someone says, "stop your grinnin and drop your linen" Im happy. :lol:

#6 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

as long as someone says, "stop your grinnin and drop your linen" Im happy. :lol:

"Game over man...Game over"

#7 alpha0ne

alpha0ne

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

At last something to really look forward to

#8 Vieira4

Vieira4

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Why does the species have to be genetically engineered? Why can't they just be a natural species? With every new film they take away the magic that was "Alien".

#9 MarkTecher

MarkTecher

AV Forum Member

• 5,566 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

"Game over man...Game over"

"its another bug hunt"

#10 Chicken Man

Chicken Man

AV Forum Member

• 6,313 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Why does the species have to be genetically engineered? Why can't they just be a natural species? With every new film they take away the magic that was "Alien".

Better I think, that the very first alien be created as a bio-mechanical war machine which would fit in with the first 'Alien' movie and that creature's mechanical movement and appearance, especially that mechanical tongue.

In the 'Alien' movie, the giant space traveler found dead and petrified as calcified stone in the derelict space ship was obviously at war with 'someone' out there when this 'implant' broke loose from within him.

Over time, through regeneration the mechanical rigidity of the infrastructure for the bio-system was slowly replaced, now a self supporting bio-system for 'Aliens'.

So at least there's a good framework to build upon for an excellent prequel to 'Alien' where the creature is part of the arsenal of weaponry used in an interstellar war.

C.M

Edited by Chicken Man, 18 January 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#11 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Better I think, that the very first alien be created as a bio-mechanical war machine which would fit in with the first 'Alien' movie and that creature's mechanical movement and appearance, especially that mechanical tongue.

In the 'Alien' movie, the giant space traveler found dead and petrified as calcified stone in the derelict space ship was obviously at war with 'someone' out there when this 'implant' broke loose from within him.

Over time, through regeneration the mechanical rigidity of the infrastructure for the bio-system was slowly replaced, now a self supporting bio-system for 'Aliens'.

So at least there's a good framework to build upon for an excellent prequel to 'Alien' where the creature is part of the arsenal of weaponry used in an interstellar war.

C.M

I always saw it as more of a shark, basically just a biological killing machine and had developed the ability to use hosts so it could migrate to other places and continue killing and expanding its habitat.

#12 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

I always saw it as more of a shark, basically just a biological killing machine and had developed the ability to use hosts so it could migrate to other places and continue killing and expanding its habitat.

What always intrigued me was that the Alien is always seems to be made out to be some dumb killing beast, yet it must have had intelligence to build a spaceship and develop a warp drive. Seems to be there could be plenty of scope to develop a story from their side of it?!?

Or did they just inhabit the spaceship that someone else developed?

#13 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

What always intrigued me was that the Alien is always seems to be made out to be some dumb killing beast, yet it must have had intelligence to build a spaceship and develop a warp drive. Seems to be there could be plenty of scope to develop a story from their side of it?!?

Or did they just inhabit the spaceship that someone else developed?

Never thought it had any spaceship? The ship they investigated belonged to some giantsized humanoid, the alien just hitchhiked inside the chest of one of the crew. Figured someone else suffered the Nostramo fate.

#14 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

Never thought it had any spaceship? The ship they investigated belonged to some giantsized humanoid, the alien just hitchhiked inside the chest of one of the crew. Figured someone else suffered the Nostramo fate.

So the ship found on the planet that was full of eggs had been taken over by the Aliens?

#15 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forum Member

• 3,817 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

So the ship found on the planet that was full of eggs had been taken over by the Aliens?

The "Space Jockey" Aliens (The petrified alien found by the Nostromo crew, with its chest ripped open) may have bio-enginnered the "Alien" species for whatever reason. I lean toward Chicken Man explanation (It fits with the Bio-Mechanical engineered nature of the Alien design) . Aliens were created to be used as a weapon of war or WOMD. It's an elegant solution. Plant/Install a Queen on a world you want to conquer, wait a period of time, the local populace is supplanted/subverted, the infrastructure and other precious commodities remain intact ready for colonisation. Once the "coupe/Invasion/subversion" phase has concluded, the masters return, do whatever they need to do to remove their "weapons" (Either direct control or they release a disease that wipes them out naturally). The planet is now occupied by the Space Jockeys without the mess/cost of conventional warfare. Mind you this is not the first Science Fiction to utilise this idea as it's been done quite a few times in various books.

So if we're to adopt the idea the Aliens were "genetically engineered as weapons" approach we can then assume something went drastically wrong during one of the Space Jockey missions and their creation ran amok and defeated the crew (Alien IV scenario). The Spaceship crashed on LV 426, the Alien went into conquer mode as designed (Or waited for the opportunity to do so as happened in Alien) and the breeding/conquer cycle commences.

OR

The Space Jockey Aliens stumbled upon the Alien species just as the Nostromo crew did in Alien. They were taking a sample(s) back to their home planet and the Aliens escaped and attacked the Space Jockey crew. The spaceship crashes on LV 426. Years pass. The Nostromo comes along. The cycle begins.

I like your idea a lot though Chicken Man. It fits and it's a better idea. But then we could all be way off the mark.

Cheers

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR, 18 January 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#16 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

I reckon the Aliens were pro 16:9 and hated 2.37:1 and the Space Jockeys thought they were just crazy and need eradicating. All hell broke loose and the sh!t hit the fan.......

SCOPE lost........

Edited by Jutta, 18 January 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#17 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

http://en.wikipedia......en_franchise)

Unlike many other recurring enemy extraterrestrial races in science fiction,
the Aliens are not an intelligent civilization, but predatory creatures with
no higher goals than the propagation of their species and the destruction of
life that could pose a threat. Like wasps or termites, Aliens are eusocial,
with a single fertile queen breeding a caste of warriors. The Aliens' biological
life cycle, in which their offspring are violently implanted inside living hosts
before erupting from their chests, is in many ways their signature aspect. Their
design deliberately evokes many sexual images, both male and female, to illustrate
its blurring of human sexual dichotomy.

#18 The D-Train

The D-Train

AV Forum Member

• 5,532 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

"I say we take off and nuke the place from orbit, its the only way to be sure"

#19 709er

709er

AV Forum Member

• 3,635 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

f....n' eh!

#20 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

f....n' eh!

and stop calling me shirley....... B)

#21 Chicken Man

Chicken Man

AV Forum Member

• 6,313 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Over time, through regeneration the mechanical rigidity of the infrastructure for the bio-system was slowly replaced, now a self-supporting bio-system for 'Aliens'.

C.M

Well actually I wasn't explaining what I thought the 'Alien' movie was about but rather considering some of the short comings the alien it itself had in the movie, such as being too mechanical.

In the writing of a prequel to the 'Alien' movie I had proposed that the 'very first alien be created as a bio-mechanical war machine' to allow for some commonality with that alien presented in the 'Alien' movie, namely for that the side view of the alien and also for its rather mechanical tongue.

I saw that as a weak point in 'Alien' and could easily be fixed by the prequel alien having some of these less convincing features included in a bio-mechanical weapon.

So, with progressive generations of the species its bio-system becoming much less mechanical in appearance until that seen in 'Aliens'.

Anyway that was what that was about.

C.M

#22 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forum Member

• 3,817 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Well actually I wasn't explaining what I thought the 'Alien' movie was about but rather considering some of the short comings the alien it itself had in the movie, such as being too mechanical.

In the writing of a prequel to the 'Alien' movie I had proposed that the 'very first alien be created as a bio-mechanical war machine' to allow for some commonality with that alien presented in the 'Alien' movie, namely for that the side view of the alien and also for its rather mechanical tongue.

I saw that as a weak point in 'Alien' and could easily be fixed by the prequel alien having some of these less convincing features included in a bio-mechanical weapon.

So, with progressive generations of the species its bio-system becoming much less mechanical in appearance until that seen in 'Aliens'.

Anyway that was what that was about.

C.M

I misread your idea probably from "bio-mechanical war machine" which implied (to me) it was "made". I still like that idea though and perhaps even manufactured systems can evolve independently to a more "biological" variant. That or the more "Biology" they assimilate the more the pure (Original) Alien DNA is distilled.

@ Lyle. That's interesting although it doesn't explore or mention the Alien species origin. That's what I hope the prequel covers.

Speculation aside, I hope it's worthy of the original premise and movie.

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR, 18 January 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#23 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

I reckon the Aliens were pro 16:9 and hated 2.37:1

Aliens are not an intelligent civilization

Hence why they prefer 16.9 over 2.37:1 :ninja:

#24 Chicken Man

Chicken Man

AV Forum Member

• 6,313 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

I did mean that, that it was 'made' (created) by an intelligent civilization (out there somewhere) as a self-replicating bio-mechanical weapon against an opposing civilization. The relic spaceship was the result of one of these 'mothers' getting on-board.

So the plot is ....where did these things come from ?.....and are they good to eat ! :lol:

C.M

#25 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Unlike many other recurring enemy extraterrestrial races in science fiction,
the Aliens are not an intelligent civilization, but predatory creatures with
no higher goals than the propagation of their species and the destruction of
life that could pose a threat. Like wasps or termites, Aliens are eusocial,
with a single fertile queen breeding a caste of warriors. The Aliens' biological
life cycle, in which their offspring are violently implanted inside living hosts
before erupting from their chests, is in many ways their signature aspect. Their
design deliberately evokes many sexual images, both male and female, to illustrate
its blurring of human sexual dichotomy.

Which is what my thoughts are about. I see them as just driven by eradicating what they come across and breeding. Just sharks of the universe.